Wii U Forum

Topic: Star Fox/Metroid Hybrid game developed by Retro. *RUMOR*

Showing 41 to 60 of 97

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

41. Posted:

Just saw this...I honestly can't see Fox meeting Samus in a game like this...I dunno...who cares, Retro is making it so I'll love it anyways. xD
EDIT: Didn't make it clear, yeah I know its a rumor. >.>

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheWord777

42. Posted:

ive go to admit Retro are a decent company ive yet to see a game that makes go wow.This however fusion saga can do that.The biggest crime was selling Rareware to M$ so they could reduce them to a pile of crap,Rare were the best 1st party devs for ninttendo
.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Wii U StarFox in Dx11.Yes please.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kevohki

43. Posted:

All I want is a normal, new Star Fox game. Arwings and a few tank segments. No on foot bs, no game-breaking gimmicks, no dumb dinosaurs, no frolicking with Samus.

Or just start a new series with Wolf as the main character.

PSN ID: PhantomSauce
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8814-0225

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

44. Posted:

TheWord777 wrote:

ive go to admit Retro are a decent company ive yet to see a game that makes go wow..

snickers ok sure

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BulbasaurusRex

45. Posted:

I think this would be awesome. Remember, people didn't think a Pokémon and Nobunga's Ambition crossover would work either.

Ash: Professor Oak, how's your Bulbasaur?
Prof. Oak: Oh, it only hurts when I sit.
...
Prof. Oak: It's only Chansey if Krabby won't let go. Bye, now.
Ash: I don't think I'm going to call him anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1547-5207-7912

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Henmii

46. Posted:

I don't see it happening, simply because both franchises are totally different. Yeah they are scifi games, but that's the only thing they have in common.

But if there is ever a company that can mix both in a good way, I guess it's Retro studios! But we just wait and see!

Henmii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Adam

47. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Yeah, no. It's not really a hybrid if you're just playing two different, almost completely unconnected games and then they "meet up at the end." Plus these game worlds have nothing in common besides being scifi and shooting things.

I don't know what to think about the truth of the rumor, but this is my assessment of the idea's worth, too. It makes no sense to randomly switch between two entirely different kinds of games, and I don't really care to picture Samus interacting with talking anthropomorphic animals.

Both series have had a pretty rocky past, and Retro has already done enough with Metroid. I'd like to see them do for Star Fox what they did for Metroid, but just Star Fox.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

48. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

TheWord777 wrote:

ive go to admit Retro are a decent company ive yet to see a game that makes go wow..

snickers ok sure

I agree with @theword777 actually. I just don't think Retro is that good. Like I said they are just overrated at best :p

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

49. Posted:

And Rare isn't overrated?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

50. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

And Rare isn't overrated?

90's rareware or modern rare? modern rare: yes mid 90's rareware: absolutely not! I know I should let go of the past but this retro studios being the new rareware Is starting to bug me ALOT!!!!! They were not close to the mid 90's rareware in my book. Mario kart 7 had to be developed by them! :p I never thought I hate mario kart so much I so would have preferred intelligent systems.

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

51. Posted:

Rare in general. Sure, Rare was good at one time but a few mediocre 3D platformers and two first person shooters, don't justify its reputation. Rare was really good at one time but not the best that was ever around.

Retro on the other hand (like Intelligent Systems), treads water they've yet to. While making incredible games.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

52. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Rare in general. Sure, Rare was good at one time but a few mediocre 3D platformers and two first person shooters, don't justify its reputation. Rare was really good at one time but not the best that was ever around.

Retro on the other hand (like Intelligent Systems), treads water they've yet to. While making incredible games.

Sorry I just thought intelligent systems would have been a better developer for mario kart 7 even though I heard you did not like it.

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kinioka

53. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

And Rare isn't overrated?

90's rareware or modern rare? modern rare: yes mid 90's rareware: absolutely not! I know I should let go of the past but this retro studios being the new rareware Is starting to bug me ALOT!!!!! They were not close to the mid 90's rareware in my book. Mario kart 7 had to be developed by them! :p I never thought I hate mario kart so much I so would have preferred intelligent systems.

They don't need to. They are Retro Studios, not Rare and they have their own identity. Some people are just hard to please.
When you make a statement like that, it will better for you to elaborate, otherwise, you will end up looking like an idiot.

Hallelujah.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

54. Posted:

Kinioka wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

And Rare isn't overrated?

90's rareware or modern rare? modern rare: yes mid 90's rareware: absolutely not! I know I should let go of the past but this retro studios being the new rareware Is starting to bug me ALOT!!!!! They were not close to the mid 90's rareware in my book. Mario kart 7 had to be developed by them! :p I never thought I hate mario kart so much I so would have preferred intelligent systems.

They don't need to. They are Retro Studios, not Rare and they have their own identity. Some people are just hard to please.
When you make a statement like that, it will better for you to elaborate, otherwise, you will end up looking like an idiot.

Ok I'll stop now. Thank you & good night. :p (facepalm)

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

55. Posted:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Sorry I just thought intelligent systems would have been a better developer for mario kart 7 even though I heard you did not like it.

Do you mean Retro Studios? Because Retro Studios helped port the classic tracks, made the DKC Returns track and helped with the graphics. Nothing more, nothing less.

Retro Studios is not to blame because of how mediocre that game is.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

56. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Brando67854321 wrote:

Sorry I just thought intelligent systems would have been a better developer for mario kart 7 even though I heard you did not like it.

Do you mean Retro Studios? Because Retro Studios helped port the classic tracks, made the DKC Returns track and helped with the graphics. Nothing more, nothing less.
Retro Studios is not to blame because of how mediocre that game is.

OK I get It!!! Thank you & good night. :p

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

57. Posted:

Retro Studios > Rare.....

Don't hurt me! :O
*Runs and hides

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Brando67854321

58. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

Don't hurt me! :O
*Runs and hides

I won't hurt you @everyone I am very sorry about that.

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

59. Posted:

Emaan1 wrote:

Retro Studios > Rare.....

Don't hurt me! :O
*Runs and hides

You say that as if that's not popular opinion...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kinioka

60. Posted:

@Brandon67854321

I won't hurt you @everyone I am very sorry about that.

I apologize for my choice of words. :)
I just don't understand why people compare Rare with Retro Studios, for the obvious reasons, and even there, you just can't fight nostalgia.

Hallelujah.