Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,588

DefHalan

I feel like complaining about how textures look while really up close to them in a screenshot is similar to when people were complaining about Mario Kart 8's jaggy-ness. Once you get the game in your hands you do see those issues.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

veeflames

@DefHalan: I think MK8's jagginess makes it look very sharp. But that's just me...
I think the world does look empty, though. I'm hoping it's a bit filled before release.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

luisesteban

For me, the game looks fine.

luisesteban

DefHalan

OneBagTravel wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

For me, the game looks fine.

Check out a game like Bayonetta 2 and then look at what StarFox Zero is producing. They have a long ways to go if they're going to pass this off as a true Wii U game.

Well Bayonetta 2 had many years of development while Star Fox had 1 to 1.5 years of development. Expecting every game to match Bayonetta 2 is too much. I don't think many games will reach the same level as Bayonetta 2. Star Fox is stylized, not liking the style is different than saying it doesn't look as good as a PS2 game.

luisesteban

Bayonetta admits realistic (sort of) graphics. Starfox, the entire franchise, use very polygoned (i don't know if the words exists) graphics. So, for a Starfox game they looks nice. The world is detailed, a lot of things are happening, but yeah, the floor texture looks bad...thats not a big issue.

luisesteban

Dezzy

DefHalan wrote:

I feel like complaining about how textures look while really up close to them in a screenshot is similar to when people were complaining about Mario Kart 8's jaggy-ness.

The complaints came from the preview trailer. The screenshot is just illustrating the point!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I feel like complaining about how textures look while really up close to them in a screenshot is similar to when people were complaining about Mario Kart 8's jaggy-ness.

The complaints came from the preview trailer. The screenshot is just illustrating the point!

And again, I don't know what people are looking at, what I saw looked good.

Dezzy

So has anyone figured out if this has off-TV play yet?

DefHalan wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

And again, I don't know what people are looking at, what I saw looked good.

We just showed you in the screenshot! Fairly bad texturing. And also quite low poly modelling, and not just on the ships (which are supposed to be low poly). The environments look like they're from a gamecube game too.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Socar

@Dezzy: You seem to forget that this game is made under one year. Second, the visuals are good certainly not as vibrant as say Lost World even but they do the job of being above average. I can say the same thing that the visuals for Pokemon X/Y are above average. Not as impressive as its predecessors but it gets the job done.

Thirdly, we are finally getting a game that actually makes use of the gamepad.

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

To me this game looks like a PS3 game during the middle part of its cycle...WHICH is not a BAD thing. To me it still looks like a good game.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Artwark: I disagree, X and Y look much better than Gen 5.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Socar

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Artwark: I disagree, X and Y look much better than Gen 5.

the visuals are a bit questionable. While I can understand that its the first time a Pokemon game is made in 3d, it looks safe and does nothing groundbreaking. Honestly, it looks like an N64 game.

Octane

@Artwark: Then I'm not sure what kind of N64 you've been playing...

Octane

Socar

Octane wrote:

@Artwark: Then I'm not sure what kind of N64 you've been playing...

Ok so maybe not N64 quality but definitely close to Skies of Arcadia quality.

SuperWiiU

As far as I'm concerned SFZ looks good. I've played HD ports of GC/PS2 games and this looks better and it's running at 60 fps. That's more than good enough for me.

Socar

Octane wrote:

@Artwark: Try again.

Ok seriously, how can you think that Pokemon X/Y is superior to that of Uprising? Its actually because of it being in 3D that it feels clunky moving the character.

Araquanid

IMO the only game SFZ is comparable to is pikmin 3. We're also forgetting this game is meant for children... It doesn't have to be as realistic as halo (which it's pretty close to halo3 odst)

"When up close,"

First of all.. When are you going to be up close to anything anyway? Does SFZ have tea parties? Even if the graphics are mediocre, it's still extremely good by young child aimed Nintendo standards.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

PaperMario64

MegaBeedrill wrote:

IMO the only game SFZ is comparable to is pikmin 3. We're also forgetting this game is meant for children... It doesn't have to be as realistic as halo (which it's pretty close to halo3 odst)

"When up close,"

First of all.. When are you going to be up close to anything anyway? Does SFZ have tea parties? Even if the graphics are mediocre, it's still extremely good by young child aimed Nintendo standards.

What the ****?!
I can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not a child so the game is not just for children. Even tough Nintendo games are child-friendly they don't just make games with good gameplay, but with great visuals as well. That the game is targeted for children is no excuse for poor graphics. Splatoon is just one example. TWW-graphics was critizised for being childish, but was still stunning.

Maybe Nintendo should go back to 16-bit. The children won't even care -_-

Edited on by PaperMario64

PaperMario64

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.