Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 421 to 440 of 1,588

Sleepingmudkip

@DefHalan: Yea, I thought the graphics looked really good especially on the wii U. I guess some people are not satisfied.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

PokeMario

@DefHalan: Because it looks like an Atari 2600 game.
In all seriousness, most people can't think for themselves and start copying whatever other people are saying. That's why you see so many people complaining about the graphics.

PokeMario

Dezzy

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

@DefHalan: Yea, I thought the graphics looked really good especially on the wii U. I guess some people are not satisfied.

I'm not gonna join in moaning too much about the graphics cos I just don't care enough about it, as long as the game turns out good. But those are hardly good for the Wii U. Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X and the first Zelda trailer were good for the Wii U.

PokeMario wrote:

@DefHalan: Because it looks like an Atari 2600 game.
In all seriousness, most people can't think for themselves and start copying whatever other people are saying. That's why you see so many people complaining about the graphics.

I agree overestimating people's intelligence is too easy to do. But you don't need to drastically underestimate it. I'm fairly sure most people are capable of determining what they think looks good.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

DefHalan

@Dezzy: Bayonetta, Xenoblade, and Zelda. Those are good examples of what the Wii U can do with years of development time and pushing the system possibly to its limits. Star Fox still looks great in High Definition and keeps its Art Style. It may not be mind blowing like Zelda U trailer was but it still looks great.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dezzy

New footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8az5r59pD18

DefHalan wrote:

@Dezzy: Bayonetta, Xenoblade, and Zelda. Those are good examples of what the Wii U can do with years of development time and pushing the system possibly to its limits. Star Fox still looks great in High Definition and keeps its Art Style. It may not be mind blowing like Zelda U trailer was but it still looks great.

I know, but don't you think that given Nintendos sparse release schedule, all of their 1st party games should be pushing this boundary? I only made that list short for the sake of keeping the comment short. I think you could put nearly all of their 1st party games on that list. Star Fox is probably the lowest quality of them, wouldn't you say?

Edited on by Dezzy

Sparx

but isn't it pushing the system in a different way by creating two separate views which are independent of each other while maintaining 60 fps?

My avatar is from here

DefHalan

Dezzy wrote:

New footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8az5r59pD18

DefHalan wrote:

I know, but don't you think that given Nintendos sparse release schedule, all of their 1st party games should be pushing this boundary? I only made that list short for the sake of keeping the comment short. I think you could put nearly all of their 1st party games on that list. Star Fox is probably the lowest quality of them, wouldn't you say?

No, I wouldn't say that. Star Fox looks great and the release schedule isn't that sparse in my opinion. There is a point where more man power within a certain amount of time won't make the game look or play better. Not every game needs to be the biggest or best looking experience, sometimes a game needs to be exactly what it is.

NinChocolate

I think the game looks good but then I don't have an issue with polygons looking like polygons. I know a lot of console gamers expect very labored graphics but I actually feel like I'm playing a video game when graphics aren't trying to look like movie engine levels of polish. But I'm in the minority and these days I get less of what I'd take because that's the way the broader industry drives itself

NinChocolate

DefHalan

DreamOn wrote:

I think the game looks good but then I don't have an issue with polygons looking like polygons. I know a lot of console gamers expect very labored graphics but I actually feel like I'm playing a video game when graphics aren't trying to look like movie engine levels of polish. But I'm in the minority and these days I get less of what I'd take because that's the way the broader industry drives itself

I think the polygon look is part of the Star Fox style but maybe that is why I disagree with people that say it doesn't look good.

hirobo2

If this is what the game actually looks like (and not some touched up press release photo), then I don't see why it looks less awesome than something like MK8:

Untitled

[size="24"]Btw, screw Mario, Zelda, DK, et al. StafFox was the game that defined the SNES for me. The only reason for me to get a Wii U is to play SFZ![/size]

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

DefHalan

@hirobo2: That looks like what I played at E3.

Octane

@hirobo2: The vehicles look awesome, so does the sky. However the textures look quite stretched, since they're so big. It causes that pixelated effect, although I'm sure it's more difficult to notice in motion. My biggest problem is that the environment looks so empty. There's hardly a tree in sight. A little foliage, some objects like barrels or crates wouldn't hurt this game.

That being said, I'm looking forward to this game, and I'm sure the gameplay will be top-notch. I'm just not really sold on the entire visual side of this game.

Octane

LazerPan

@hirobo2: If you look at the ground you see that the details are very poor. That looks like it's taken straight from a PSOne-game.

LazerPan

kkslider5552000

LazerPan wrote:

That looks like it's taken straight from a PSOne-game.

I hate when people exaggerate. It looks old but Ps1s would burst into flames trying to get textures like that. Ps1 textures for 3D games are the biggest jokes.

See, next time say PS2. It will get the same point across except not...false.

And yes it looks bad, but you make me want to defend just because you said a dumb thing. Try not doing that.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

@hirobo2

It's a bit hit or miss. Some parts look fine, some look like they're left over from a Wii game, which I wouldn't be surprised to find out that's where they're from. So look in that picture you've posted. The metal texture on the left hand pillar look about twice as good resolution as the texture on the road in the middle. The ground textures really stuck out on that level too.

Edited on by Dezzy

LazerPan

@kkslider5552000: Untitled
The vehicles and most of the game looks fine, but to say the ground has good textures is stretching it.

LazerPan

veeflames

@NintyMan: I'm still getting the game, but it'll be awesome if a 'turnaround' did happen. I still don't get why people are complaining much, I think it looks fine. But eh.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.