Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,588

Octane

Artwark wrote:

Octane wrote:

@Artwark: Try again.

Ok seriously, how can you think that Pokemon X/Y is superior to that of Uprising? Its actually because of it being in 3D that it feels clunky moving the character.

What are talking about? We were comparing visuals, not gameplay. I never said anything about Uprising, you brought up Skies of Arcadia and said that game looked about as good as Pokémon XY, I disagree. The graphics of Pokémon XY look a lot better than the early 3D graphics from the 90's.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

IMO the only game SFZ is comparable to is pikmin 3. We're also forgetting this game is meant for children... It doesn't have to be as realistic as halo (which it's pretty close to halo3 odst)

"When up close,"

First of all.. When are you going to be up close to anything anyway? Does SFZ have tea parties? Even if the graphics are mediocre, it's still extremely good by young child aimed Nintendo standards.

You do know that children only make up a small percentage of the total Wii U audience, right? The vast majority of the userbase is between 18 and 34. Anyway, Star Fox isn't aimed at young children. It's meant to appeal to all age categories. That's a difference.

And even if a game was aimed at children, that's still no excuse for mediocre graphics.

Octane

Dezzy

Artwark wrote:

@Dezzy: You seem to forget that this game is made under one year. .

Not under a year at all. It was announced at last E3 and they had showed off some blurred out footage at the time. Then it's coming out this December so it'll probably have been about a 2 year job.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Araquanid

Octane wrote:

You do know that children only make up a small percentage of the total Wii U audience, right? The vast majority of the userbase is between 18 and 34. Anyway, Star Fox isn't aimed at young children. It's meant to appeal to all age categories. That's a difference.

And even if a game was aimed at children, that's still no excuse for mediocre graphics.

By this logic, every franchise made for all ages like Mario should have the graphics of a fallout game.

My point is Nintendo's aimed audience IS children. They don't have to go the extra mile in turning star fox into fallout with graphics. The graphics look fine as they are, but oh no! A slight texture change when you're up close to an obstacle, the game is ruined for adults. Yes the game is for everyone, hell the rating itself is called everyone, but it's undeniable children are the control group they particularly are building the games around.

People are being way too critical when it comes to graphics in Nintendo games.

Also where's your statiscal proof that there are more adult wii u owners than children? That can never be proven, especially since children don't own the credit card buying the console...

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

martinskrtel37

just look at orbital gate assualt, the smash 4 stage, to see what kind of graphics star fox zero will have. can't believe you're getting upset over the graphics of a tech demo? lolol

yeah the other day i saw some dumb retweet about how the movement of characters mouths when speaking has always been crap from nintendo. i just laughed. and the person who retweeted it is at least a decade older than me. i can't understand how anyone especially adults can get caught up in something so insignificant as the way a nintendo characters mouth moves when it speaks and how closely it resembles a real mouth actually saying the words. the mouth movement of nintendo characters in a nintendo game is one of the least relevant things i can think of to having fun with a game. to even touching on my experience playing the game. the best games of all time have crappy looking 2D trees that are paper thin when you walk by them. does anyone give a hoot at all? if your immersion and/or enjoyment is distracted by things so mundane i think you should just stick to the interactive movies of the xbox and playstation

Edited on by martinskrtel37

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

PaperMario64

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Octane wrote:

By this logic, every franchise made for all ages like Mario should have the graphics of a fallout game.

My point is Nintendo's aimed audience IS children. They don't have to go the extra mile in turning star fox into fallout with graphics. The graphics look fine as they are, but oh no! A slight texture change when you're up close to an obstacle, the game is ruined for adults. Yes the game is for everyone, hell the rating itself is called everyone, but it's undeniable children are the control group they particularly are building the games around.

People are being way too critical when it comes to graphics in Nintendo games.

Also where's your statiscal proof that there are more adult wii u owners than children? That can never be proven, especially since children don't own the credit card buying the console...

You do realize that there is a difference between realistic graphics and cartoony graphics? It's just two different art styles. Cartoony graphics does not equal bad graphics...

PaperMario64

Octane

@MegaBeedrill: I cannot tell if you're serious or not. In terms of graphics, Mario games always look great, I really don't see what you mean by changing the graphical style to realistic in order to appeal to all ages. That doesn't make any sense at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6nYz1HHPJU Nintendo revealed the demographics of eShop users (>70%) on the Wii U during a Unity presentation. Granted, the results are a bit biased, since the younger audience won't access the eShop as often as the older audience. However, considering that we're talking about roughly 3/4th of the userbase, it still shows that a large majority of Wii U owners are in the age group of 18 to 34.

Octane

Socar

@Octane: That's what I meant. In terms of visuals, how can it be just as good as Uprising?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Octane

@Artwark: You were talking about Skies of Arcadia, not Kid Icarus: Uprising. But I actually prefer the visuals of Pokémon XY over those of Uprising as well. Pokémon uses a cartoony style that fits the limitations of the 3DS better than the ''more realistic'' approach of Uprising. Nevertheless, I find it difficult to compare these games, as go for a different look and play completely different. So again, I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Dezzy

PaperMario64 wrote:

You do realize that there is a difference between realistic graphics and cartoony graphics? It's just two different art styles. Cartoony graphics does not equal bad graphics...

Art style and graphical quality are completely separable concepts in my opinion.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Socar

@Octane: XY has visual quality that aren't too impressive as something that even 3D Land looks better. I'm talking about how visually impressive XY is and its above average but its not something spectacular. Uprising on the other hand is far superior in terms of the visual quality.

You argued that XY doesn't look like an N64 game and to which I replied by saying that its just as impressive as Skies of Arcadia and to that you refused to agree to which I then questioned whether you are defending the visuals of XY a bit too much.

Octane

@Artwark: Sure, it's not impressive, they keep it very simple, what results in a visual style that is very pleasant to look at. However, I just do not agree that Skies of Arcadia looks graphically better than Pokémon XY, I'm not defending Pokémon XY too much, I give credit where credit is due.

Octane

-Juice-

Octane wrote:

@Artwark: Sure, it's not impressive, they keep it very simple, what results in a visual style that is very pleasant to look at. However, I just do not agree that Skies of Arcadia looks graphically better than Pokémon XY, I'm not defending Pokémon XY too much, I give credit where credit is due.

Have you ever walked inside a Pokemon Center? So many uneven edges and pixels plague this game. The Pokeball texture looks awful when healing your Pokemon, and all of the character models look far too jagged and sometimes blurry. There are so many other games that look better compared to it. I'm extremely disappointed that Gamefreak couldn't even make it look like an average 3DS game. They really should have spent more time learning how to make a game on the 3DS rather than rushing out whatever X and Y were. Keeping it simple isn't even the problem. Animal Crossing kept it simple and looks a whole lot smoother compared to X and Y.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

DefHalan

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Octane wrote:

Have you ever walked inside a Pokemon Center? So many uneven edges and pixels plague this game. The Pokeball texture looks awful when healing your Pokemon, and all of the character models look far too jagged and sometimes blurry. There are so many other games that look better compared to it. I'm extremely disappointed that Gamefreak couldn't even make it look like an average 3DS game. They really should have spent more time learning how to make a game on the 3DS rather than rushing out whatever X and Y were.

Lets compare... if this works

Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

-Juice-

@DefHalan: Look at the walls of the Pokecenter, look at how the faces look like mush. You can't even tell what they look like besides the fact that they have eyes and MAYBE a mouth. Not to mention it looks worse in-game. Especially on the 3DS XL.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Storytime7

This is not a Pokemon thread.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Socar

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Octane wrote:

Have you ever walked inside a Pokemon Center? So many uneven edges and pixels plague this game. The Pokeball texture looks awful when healing your Pokemon, and all of the character models look far too jagged and sometimes blurry. There are so many other games that look better compared to it. I'm extremely disappointed that Gamefreak couldn't even make it look like an average 3DS game. They really should have spent more time learning how to make a game on the 3DS rather than rushing out whatever X and Y were. Keeping it simple isn't even the problem. Animal Crossing kept it simple and looks a whole lot smoother compared to X and Y.

That jaggyness may be the system's problem of producing graphics and not the actual games fault. All games including the best looking ones have some amount of jaggyness. But the rest is true however.

@Storytime7: But it does explain that Star Fox Zero's visuals don't have to be impressive for the main game to be played.

Edited on by Socar

Araquanid

Untitled

Octane wrote:

@MegaBeedrill: I cannot tell if you're serious or not. In terms of graphics, Mario games always look great, I really don't see what you mean by changing the graphical style to realistic in order to appeal to all ages. That doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm referring to how players want star fox to have the most pixel perfect textures possible, otherwise the game is ruined in adult's eyes according to some logic in previous pages. Mario's texture isn't particularly stunning, it's pretty basic and I don't see it improving graphics wise since the wii.. yet the franchise is still loved by all, however change the topic to Star Fox, and the graphics have to change dramatically to be as realistic as possible in order to appeal.

Octane wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6nYz1HHPJU Nintendo revealed the demographics of eShop users (>70%) on the Wii U during a Unity presentation. Granted, the results are a bit biased, since the younger audience won't access the eShop as often as the older audience. However, considering that we're talking about roughly 3/4th of the userbase, it still shows that a large majority of Wii U owners are in the age group of 18 to 34.

I still find it a bit biased as like I, and you admitted, the majority of wii us would be purchased, monitored, or connected to an adult's account, billing, or profile if it's for a minor anyway. I don't think the video is an accurate example of how people distribute their consoles to other family members. Like my sister only owns a wii u for her son.. yet it's managed by her own billing and NNID for obvious reasons, his existence would have no influence on the data due to what they're searching for. Could be true, could be false, but I'm not going to push my stance on the wii u sales topic further since tbh neither of us have a for sure accurate statistical proof of the age groups, only assumptions and one potentially wrong chart.

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Octane

@MegaBeedrill: The graphics don't have to be realistic, but it's nice if they were good. Nintendo always delivers when it comes to the visuals in a game, but Star Fox Zero looks rather bland. The environments are pretty much empty and the floor and building textures are stretched out too much, the rest looks fine though, but it doesn't look impressive at all.

Also, people always cared about graphics, even Nintendo fans, otherwise they might as well be releasing games with N64 graphics. Visuals matter, just like music, sound effects, controls and gameplay.

Octane

St_Tingle

I don't get what people are complaining about. This looks like a beautiful return to form; from game play to graphics, I am excited. I, myself, am quite hyped for SF:Zero.

Nintendo Network ID: wowzatim93.

Wii U owner. Top 6 games for system: Splatoon, Mario 3D World, Captain Toad, Smash Bros, Bayonetta, and Pikmin 3.
Eagerly anticipating: Zelda U and the hopeful announcements of Animal Crossing U and Paper Mario U.

Araquanid

@NintyMan

Ironically, The new pokemon mystery dungeon game's release date was revealed for the West as well today, and it's the exact same release date.

My only nitpick is fox's new design.. ever since Smash Brawl he started looking less and less like a fox, and more like a frying pan hit him in the face. He needs a longer snout like in Adventures and melee IMO. I guess vocal minority never convinced them to fix this..

Everybody else looks fine though.

EDIT: this is something I noticed... where are the blasters on the arwings on the box cover? Where do they shoot from?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.