Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 7,461 to 7,480 of 14,636

Nicolai

DiscoGentleman wrote:

@Nicolai: agreed. Though, I think there's a sniper with a bubbler. Was it the other elite 3k? Can't remember.

As it turns out, the other custom E-liter 3K without the scope has the same specials; I guess the only difference is that, since the scope is a new weapon, everyone is using it.

google wrote:

@DiscoGentleman: I think it's bad because Splatoon is a game about movement, and long ranged weapons (chargers, dynamo rollers, etc) encourage camping.

I don't think the addition of long-ranged weapons changes anything about the necessity of movement. In every mode, the most useful place on the board for you is constantly changing. In Rainmaker, it's where the Rainmaker is. In Turf war, it's whereever your team hasn't inked. Less so in Splatzones, unless you're going to attempt to push ahead and lock the enemy at their spawnpoint. Even if you're in a situation where it would be wise to wall off the enemy team at a choke point, just about any weapon can do that, and it usually takes the whole team to do it anyway.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Spoony_Tech

I still rather deal with the Kraken over the Gold Dynamo Roller any day of the week.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Storytime7

@jariw: It's usually not an issue if you're fast enough, but sometimes it just feels like there's no way you can stop a good charger player because the only way to approach them is to leave yourself vulnerable to weapons that can one-shot you.

@Nicolai: If you get splatted by a charger when you're trying to hold off the other team, then they have a significant advantage because they have less players to deal with until you make it back. It's not about chargers being so good at the primary objective of each mode in the game, it's that a good charger makes it so much harder for the other team because they have to beat the other team while finding a way around players that can one-shot them from parts of the map they're not even close to. Splatting is so important in Splatoon because it buys time, so long range weapons naturally have a big advantage. I say that chargers/dynamo rollers are bad because they force others to play the game in a specific way in order to counter them.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Nicolai

@Storytime7: I generally agree with that, but it doesn't discourage movement. In most cases, chargers and other long ranged weapons have to move too. They have to pay attention to the flow of battle and figure out the best place to be at any given time. But I do kinda agree that chargers have an advantage, especially if their own team has already laid a lot of ink.

@DiscoGentleman: Oh, heh, thanks!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Blue_Blur

Anyone up for some squad battles?

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Blue_Blur

@OorWullie: I'm done for now. Thanks for playing! We did pretty good, all in all.

Edited on by Blue_Blur

jariw

pikminfan22 wrote:

Is there going to be another 'big' update for Splatoon at some point? I think I heard there was but can't remember the source .. I would like to play as the Octolings though!!

Just about everyone is guessing on a Direct+big update for Splatoon, including the data mining leakers like NWPlayer123.

But that's the case with most related to Nintendo right now, everyone is waiting for a Direct to give info about the remaining gaming news for the year (Mario Tennis: Super Smash and Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival are 2 other games that lacks info) ...

jariw

whodatninja

I've said this many times today, but Nintendo NEEDS to do a huge info dump soon! Or they can just continue to have the leakers and hackers do their work for them...

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

ELI-ASH

On the next rotation(5pm central) its gonna be tower control any 1 want to do squads with me then?

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Nicolai

@ELI-ASH: I can play for only a half hour then. I could certainly start earlier, though.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Blue_Blur

@ELI-ASH: @Nicolai: I can play then, too! If we get one more person to join, then we could do a quad squad! If not, I hope you guys wouldn't mind the uneven amount of players...

ELI-ASH

@Blue_Blur: hopefully we get a 4th. @Nicolai: i usually just play like an hour orso but if we get a winning streak going i might play longer

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Nicolai

@ELI-ASH: Alright, I can play till about 6:40 Eastern, but my bus leaves at 6:46, so no later than then.

Got married.

Blue_Blur

@ELI-ASH: And if a forth person doesn't join, we can always do private battles.

Iggly

I can probably play around that time, just mention me when you're ready.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

Cool, we can do a quad now!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic