Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 481 to 500 of 14,636

Rezalack

Nicolai wrote:

I guess I just find it too bad that Smash Bros. is always a generation late. If it were up to me, Smash Bros. for the Wii U would feature all major Nintendo characters featured on the Wii U, and they would update as more characters are included in Wii U. Of course, this would never work, because they have to wait until the game becomes really popular, familiar, and well-aged. A man can dream, tho.

They could always do that with DLC. I mean.. with tech like the Amiibos it would be such a good way to distribute new character DLC to SSB. Just go out, buy the Splatoon character Amiibo and scan it to SSB, boom new character. Sadly though, Sakurai said there would never be DLC.

Then again, that might actually be a form of torture to the people who actually want the Amiibo for DLC when the scalpers are eating them up for profit, lol. After thinking about it, it's probably a terrible idea. New character DLC for SSB is still a good idea though, just won't happen.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

Nicolai

Rezalack wrote:

Sadly though, Sakurai said there would never be DLC.

Well, he didn't exactly say no, but he might as well have. Basically, if Nintendo forces him to, he will.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

DreamyViridi

We need to stop putting words in Sakurai's mouth. He said "no plans". That doesn't equal no DLC ever.
Why would he plan addition content when the game was just released at the time?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nicolai

DreamyViridi wrote:

We need to stop putting words in Sakurai's mouth. He said "no plans". That doesn't equal no DLC ever.

I disagree. I think that a few weeks after release is a good time to have at least tossed around ideas. Maybe I'm wrong, but in the context in which he said it, it seemed very pessimistic. I mean, why bring it up, if you weren't trying to let people down easy on the idea?

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Justlink

Nicolai wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

I disagree. I think that a few weeks after release is a good time to have at least tossed around ideas. Maybe I'm wrong, but in the context in which he said it, it seemed very pessimistic. I mean, why bring it up, if you weren't trying to let people down easy on the idea?

Can we talk about Splatoon? I hope there are multiple online multiplayer game choices. Like Assault, team with most kills. Or Capture the Flag

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

IceClimbers

Splatoon confirmed to be at Apex in a special gaming lounge!!! Uses the E3 demo though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

I find it kinda interesting that the Smash Bros Facebook page uploaded the news rather than the Nintendo page. My realistic side says that it's just because Smash is pretty much the main event at Apex (with other fighting games and Pokemon ORAS also present), but my unrealistically optimistic side says that it's a hint at Splatoon DLC for Smash. I of course am going with the realistic side.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Justlink

I want to play a demo of it

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

DefHalan

I wonder if we will see a demo?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MegaMari0

I would love a demo of the game on eshop in april. single player specifically. Just to get a general idea of what the game will play like. It would also help the developers gauge how big it could turn out to be.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

PrincessSugoi

I think a demo is a real possibility.

Can't wait for the massive sea of grey smiley faces scrambling for Splatoon demo codes when (insert whatever CN will be replaced by) hands them out to the select few lucky SOB's.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Nicolai

I can't decide whether to go with the male inkling or the female inkling for this game. I usually go with my own gender if there are no difference in the characters, but the male inkling doesn't look as cool. The female inkling looks a lot more like a squid, anyhow.

Got married.

jariw

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Looots of news in Famitsu potentially!

Untitled
No translation yet, as far as I'm aware, but there's a pretty lengthy interview with the creators. I think it goes for around 10 pages.

Some of the info translated:
-Working on a local multiplayer mode in addition to online and Hero Mode
-Hero mode is predominantly a 3D platformer with heavy emphasis on human-squid transformations
-Random matching is done world wide, game tries to place you with players close to your skill level based on ratings
-Tried implementing a system whereby you could give orders to your team mates, but battles were too quick and hectic for them to be effective so they got rid of the feature
-Game won't use CPU fighters; only once 8 human players have been found will a match start
-Having multiple modes with random matching would limit the number of players per mode, so all the focus is on the 4 vs. 4 for that
-No communication with players you are matched with
-They didn't think of using Bloopers when they decided on squids (they apparently forgot they existed)
-No money can be earned in Hero Mode. Your points, as displayed at the end of the match, are turned into money and experience points.
-A lot of the music is written by Tooru Minegishi (who has worked on Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Super Mario)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=150548066&post...

jariw

R_Champ

jariw wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Untitled
No translation yet, as far as I'm aware, but there's a pretty lengthy interview with the creators. I think it goes for around 10 pages.

-Hero mode is predominantly a 3D platformer with heavy emphasis on human-squid transformations
-Random matching is done world wide, game tries to place you with players close to your skill level based on ratings
-Tried implementing a system whereby you could give orders to your team mates, but battles were too quick and hectic for them to be effective so they got rid of the feature
-Game won't use CPU fighters; only once 8 human players have been found will a match start
-Having multiple modes with random matching would limit the number of players per mode, so all the focus is on the 4 vs. 4 for that
-They didn't think of using Bloopers when they decided on squids (they apparently forgot they existed)
-No money can be earned in Hero Mode. Your points, as displayed at the end of the match, are turned into money and experience points.
-A lot of the music is written by Tooru Minegishi (who has worked on Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Super Mario)

Cool!...except the "no communication" thing. I REALLY appreciate it for randoms (I can't even imagine what spamming Little Mac players are shouting when I spam them back with Bowser :3), but I like having the feature when playing with friends.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Blast

jariw wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Untitled

The character design for Splatoon is a genius.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Octane

Untitled
''In the main plaza there are some jellyfish strutting about amongst the Inklings. They appear to be the most common species after the Inklings, but normal jellyfish can't speak the Inkling language.
So why can Jelfonzo speak it? Did he study hard and learn it? He's an unexpectedly hard worker....''

I assume Jelfonzo is the jellyfish that runs the clothing shop.

Source: https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/562889493767008257/photo/1

Edited on by Octane

Octane

TuVictus

"No communication"

2 steps forward and 1 and a half steps back, Nintendo, as usual. You can't have an online game focused on 4 man teamwork and have no way of communicating. It's 2015, get with the program or don't bother making it online at all. I understand no communication between randoms but we 100% should be given the choice to chat with our friends.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic