Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 461 to 480 of 14,636

Jmaster

A thought just came up: So since we know the items in the shops are randomized, could that mean that their perks and stars are also randomized? That would definitely prevent everyone from looking the same.

Jmaster

Inkling

I wonder if the outfits are like items in Animal Crossing - they're new and unique, sent out via WiFi, and are only available for a short period of time

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

shingi_70

That's probably only going to be for special item sets during a holiday.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

Splatoon can easily be advertised, turned into a cartoon, etc.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MegaMari0

i totally see DLC for this game. I would buy for maps and weapons. Unique enough weapons though. Its so friggin hard to tell in battlefield or COD what the effin difference is between guns. besides the obvious assault and sniper rifles, shotguns etc.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

shingi_70

munchakoopas wrote:

i totally see DLC for this game. I would buy for maps and weapons. Unique enough weapons though. Its so friggin hard to tell in battlefield or COD what the effin difference is between guns. besides the obvious assault and sniper rifles, shotguns etc.

Well you typically look at the stats of each gun and than make your decesion.

March can't come soon enough so I can buy a Wii U.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MegaMari0

shingi_70 wrote:

munchakoopas wrote:

Well you typically look at the stats of each gun and than make your decesion.

March can't come soon enough so I can buy a Wii U.

If you didn't have the stats listed you wouldn't know what the difference is besides cosmetic.( one assault rifle has a grenade launcher attached vs 1 that doesn't) At least with Splatoon you can very obviously see the differences between weapons.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Sportsfan1712

This would be a great game for DLC!! Speaking of DLC......

LETS HAVE A SQUID IN SMASH BROS!!

Sup

Nicolai

Sportsfan1712 wrote:

This would be a great game for DLC!! Speaking of DLC......

LETS HAVE A SQUID IN SMASH BROS!!

It is a little unfortunate that this great new IP is coming a little late to the party. I do hope they add more DLC to Smash 4, not for any old characters, but for new ones. For example, maybe down the line, Zelda U will feature some amazing antagonist, and people will really want to fight as him.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Donalp15

I think its too late for an inkling in Smash 4. Smash 5 seems like the best chance for Splatoon content.

FC 0516 7736 7877

Bolt_Strike

Donalp15 wrote:

I think its too late for an inkling in Smash 4. Smash 5 seems like the best chance for Splatoon content.

If we can get MK8 DLC almost a year after its initial release, I think we can get Splatoon themed DLC for Smash in summer or fall.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

I have this deep seated fear that I'm going to be extraordinarily awful at this game, as awesome as it looks. I really hope there is an easy "beginners" mode.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

I have this deep seated fear that I'm going to be extraordinarily awful at this game, as awesome as it looks. I really hope there is an easy "beginners" mode.

There is... its called singe player

Master of the Hype Train

iKhan

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I mean a "beginners mode" in single player. What if the single player were really tough?

I'm pretty much a complete noob when it comes to shooters.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Blast

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Mario Kart 8 has 50cc for beginners. Super Smash Bros. has low CPU difficulty for beginners. I'm sure Splatoon will find a way to help gamers ease into the game.

I mean a "beginners mode" in single player. What if the single player were really tough?

Master of the Hype Train

Nicolai

iKhan wrote:

Nintendo mentioned how, even in online multiplayer, there is something for beginners to do (stay back, protect the base, cover home turf with ink outside of the skirmish). I think Nintendo is trying to make this whole game as accessible to beginners as possible. I would be surprised if fps rookies had a hard time getting into the game. It's not really like Nintendo to exclude newcomers.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Grumblevolcano

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Donalp15 wrote:

If we can get MK8 DLC almost a year after its initial release, I think we can get Splatoon themed DLC for Smash in summer or fall.

I personally think Mewtwo is the final DLC release. It seems to me that Sakurai would limit the amount of DLC as much as possible so people have reasonable expectations for Smash 5 whether he's involved or not and that's a reasonable point. Imagine if Smash 4 released a significant number of characters and stages as DLC, then the fans would assume those will be on disc in the next game plus even more so namely a lose-lose situation. The Mario Kart fans are much less vocal about these kind of things which is how Nintendo's gotten away with a worthless battle mode in 8.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Donalp15 wrote:

I personally think Mewtwo is the final DLC release. It seems to me that Sakurai would limit the amount of DLC as much as possible so people have reasonable expectations for Smash 5 whether he's involved or not and that's a reasonable point. Imagine if Smash 4 released a significant number of characters and stages as DLC, then the fans would assume those will be on disc in the next game plus even more so namely a lose-lose situation. The Mario Kart fans are much less vocal about these kind of things which is how Nintendo's gotten away with a worthless battle mode in 8.

I'm of the opinion that, if we get DLC for Smash aside from Mewtwo, they are going to be characters that people wouldn't necessarily expect in the next smash game.

So I don't really think Inklings have a fair shot at being DLC.

CanisWolfred

iKhan wrote:

Blast wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Multiple difficulties have been a staple of the genre since the very beginning. I highly doubt they'll forget a fundamental element like that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Nicolai

I guess I just find it too bad that Smash Bros. is always a generation late. If it were up to me, Smash Bros. for the Wii U would feature all major Nintendo characters featured on the Wii U, and they would update as more characters are included in Wii U. Of course, this would never work, because they have to wait until the game becomes really popular, familiar, and well-aged. A man can dream, tho.

Got married.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic