Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,621 to 4,640 of 14,636

Spoony_Tech

Wow, the really changed Saltspray Rig for tower control.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

-Green-

@IceClimbers: Aren't those the shoes for the Sushi Costume?

@Sleepingmudkip: It probably doesn't help that they can two shot you, with decent range and cover, and are difficult to hide from.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blue_Blur

Something weird just happened! My friend is on level 20. He just played his first match with the new update and won; and his level increased to level 26! He played the game normally, and didn't hack it. I saw it happen! He has played a couple more matches, and now the level system is working normally. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Storytime7

The slosher is one of those weapons I love using, but hate playing against. I might have to make it my secondary weapon because it's so much fun to use. The other new weapon is okay, but I don't see myself using it much.

The new version of Urchin Underpass is fine, but I didn't have many problems with the original design. It was one of my favorite maps, so I'm glad the redesign didn't ruin it.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

jijifox

Does anyone want a member for a squad cuz i thing I'm pretty good

jijifox

Nintendo Network ID: martinstoikov

IceClimbers

The Heavy Splatling weapon seems like it pretty much has to be used in Ranked as it doesn't seem very useful at all in turf wars. That being said, it does make for many Heavy Weapons Guy TF2 jokes. I mean, look at this:
Untitled

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

-Green-

@IceClimbers: Yeah, the Splatling seems insanely good at tearing apart rivaling inklings. I actually think the weapon came out well. it seems like they put thought into balancing it. Actually I wonder if Nintendo actually knows what TF2 is.

Edited on by -Green-

IceClimbers

@Aromaiden: TF2 is one of the most popular games on the PC. I can almost guarantee that Splatoon's dev team is well aware of it.

-Green-

@IceClimbers: I thought so to, but sometimes I can never be to sure with Nintendo. Anyways, I have heard a lot people saying that Nintendo may be taking a few pages from TF2; which to be honest, I wouldn't really mind.

Undead_terror

Yep, I'm liking the minigun, I just hope that it won't be the new aerospray in which many will use and it will be called the noob gun...maybe not...that might be for the bucket from recently playing.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Madmortagan68

I really like the changes to Urchin Underpass, the most significant of which is that you can no longer climb up your opponents wall in the central courtyard to get to that back alley that leads to their area. Now there is only one way to get into your opponents turf. I suspect almost all of the other changes to the map are to mitigate the bottleneck and still make it possible to force/sneak into your opponents area. This is a welcomed change IMHO as Urchin Underpass is one of several maps where you can completely shut out the other team. It will be much harder to do that now and thus makes the map more balanced

Madmortagan68

-Green-

I just remembered. Why haven't we gotten Rain Maker yet? I would've expected them to release it by now. That and the four other maps are the last of the promised content from the Direct.

IceClimbers

Pro-tip for the Splatling: Going into Squid form or using your sub/special weapon makes you stop firing the splatling. Much more efficient tool.

MasterWario

I don't know if it's the stage updates, the new music, the increased rank cap, or all three, but I had the most fun I've had in Splatoon in while. And once it switched to Splat Zones, I went on some crazy hot streak and finally got to A- rank. (And no, I wasn't using the new weapons in ranked. Although, I really like the Splatling, don't care much for that bucket atm, probably because of the sub.)

I like what they did with Tower Control in Saltspray Rig; you finally get to play on a good chunk of the stage now instead of that small, awkward section the entire time.

Urchin Underpass is like a completely new map now, but honestly I like it that way. There are so many strategies in that map now with all the obstacles; it's hectic and quirky and fits my gameplay style so much more.

Arowana Mall has, imo, some very nice quality-of-life changes in Splat Zones. First off, that small, elevated pool of water is covered by ink-able metal. They added another metal passage that goes along the bottom of the center section that gives you another route into the center, and a grate that goes behind the ramps so you can hide there. They also removed those blocks from the small sniper section, so anyone just standing there can get splatted easily now. It still might be snowball-y, but the changes definitely helped me out a lot.

Also, for anyone having issues with the Slosher, I would recommend the Dual Squelcher or another longer range gun. I personally had no issues with the Dual equipped.

As a final FYI, apparently you can order the Squid Girl outfit, but I haven't actually gotten mine yet because I have to wait a day (so idk if it will block me somehow when I try to buy it from Spyke).

@Undead_terror You need 96 points to level up to 24 so I'm nowhere close. I'm curious about it as well.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

jariw

Aromaiden wrote:

I just remembered. Why haven't we gotten Rain Maker yet? I would've expected them to release it by now. That and the four other maps are the last of the promised content from the Direct.

Nintendo has already announced: "Following this update, more content will continually roll out through the rest of the summer and into autumn, including the Rainmaker Ranked Battle mode, additional maps and new weapons. More details on these additions will be revealed in the future."

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2015/July/Ink-tastic-new-cont...

Edited on by jariw

jariw

chardir

So it seems with the Splatoon update I finally need to find some friends. My NNID is chardir1 if anyone wants to add me. I'm only a B rank so don't expect anything special!

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic