Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,641 to 4,660 of 14,636

skywake

Aromaiden wrote:

@IceClimbers: I thought so to, but sometimes I can never be to sure with Nintendo. Anyways, I have heard a lot people saying that Nintendo may be taking a few pages from TF2; which to be honest, I wouldn't really mind.

Wasn't there a thing the other day about how at NoA they have a whole bunch of games available to employees there from the competition? I think Bioshock Infinite was mentioned specifically. I'd be surprised if they don't do the same on the development side of things. Think about it, great artists of any type keep an eye on what other people are doing. And yeah, there's a lot of TF2 in Splatoon so I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

jariw

skywake wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

@IceClimbers: I thought so to, but sometimes I can never be to sure with Nintendo. Anyways, I have heard a lot people saying that Nintendo may be taking a few pages from TF2; which to be honest, I wouldn't really mind.

Wasn't there a thing the other day about how at NoA they have a whole bunch of games available to employees there from the competition? I think Bioshock Infinite was mentioned specifically. I'd be surprised if they don't do the same on the development side of things. Think about it, great artists of any type keep an eye on what other people are doing. And yeah, there's a lot of TF2 in Splatoon so I wouldn't be at all surprised.

During the voice chat debate a year ago, they already stated that the development team was consisting of people who regularly played shooter games themselves. The assumption that Nintendo blindly creates a game in the shooter genre without learning from most of the other games in the genre would be absurd.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

After last nights near 4 hour marathon I'm just under rank 24. I can see 50 taking forever. I had my ups and downs but I did win my first 10 matches to start the night in turf wars thanks in part to @rjejr and his aerospray.

I then switched over to ranked after level 22 and that was a mixed bag. When I first start SaltSpray Rig I didn't check which mode it was and had no clue it was tower control till it was too late. I was looking for the splat zone lol. Went on to lose my first 3 before a 2 hour session ended at -4 for the night. The scoring seems less forgiving then before. Before if I went up against a rank above or below the score would be the same -10 or +10. Now if 2 B- and 2 B' s go up against 3 B's and 1 B- your score is affected, 8 and 12 respectively.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jariw

Madmortagan68 wrote:

I really like the changes to Urchin Underpass, the most significant of which is that you can no longer climb up your opponents wall in the central courtyard to get to that back alley that leads to their area. Now there is only one way to get into your opponents turf. I suspect almost all of the other changes to the map are to mitigate the bottleneck and still make it possible to force/sneak into your opponents area. This is a welcomed change IMHO as Urchin Underpass is one of several maps where you can completely shut out the other team. It will be much harder to do that now and thus makes the map more balanced

In Turf War, one of the openings to the side passage can be climbed by using the wall, but you'll arrive directly on a glass surface, so it's much more risky. When I played Ranked Battle (Splat Zones) in the previous map rotation, I couldn't find that wall passage. Perhaps it's different in Ranked vs. Turf War. At any rate, that stage is very different now.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

They might as well call it Urchin Underpass 2.0 because the other board no longer exists.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jariw

Here's the Reddit translation for the new "Ikaling" online service, where you can see stats, etc. Unfortunatelly, the web pages are Japanese-only at the moment. You should apparently be able to see upcoming map rotations there a well there.

1.For everyone battling online we're launching a friend networking service called "Ikaling" starting today. Login with your Nintendo Network ID and you can see at a glance your friends' play statuses.
2.In Ikaling, you can input your planned battle times beforehand so that you can let your friends meet up with you. It's linked to Twitter, so you can make plans that way too. If you see a friend who meets your schedule, go and enter a battle together!
3.In Ikaling, you can see the rankings amongst your friends. Score is calculated individually for both Turf Wars and Ranked Battles based on how many times you've won and win percentage. It is reset every week on Sunday at midnight, so you can compete with your friends every week.

The online service is found at:
https://splatoon.nintendo.net

MasterWario wrote:

I like what they did with Tower Control in Saltspray Rig; you finally get to play on a good chunk of the stage now instead of that small, awkward section the entire time.

I agree - the change to Tower Control on that stage is fantastic!

Edited on by jariw

jariw

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

After last nights near 4 hour marathon I'm just under rank 24

Dang Tech...4 hour marathon? I sure wish I had that kind of time! Although if they added off-TV play I might.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Spoony_Tech

@MERG: Up till 2 in the morning but I'm paying for it. Need a nap already lol.

MERG said:

Undead_terror

I was playing for less then that and is onward to level 25...once you reach level 25 you will unlock the armor helmet from story mode, also did anyone see if the Power Mask was in the hat shop?

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

erv

I like the bucket so far. The new weapons all seem to have inkstrikes though, so we will see a lot of those during ranked matches the coming week lol.

The map changes are tough for me though as they're quite significant. I like them, but they'll take getting used to. One of the best changes I like so far are the changes to arowana mall. The platforms to the side of the center sections are real life savers to me.

Also, the new weapons are terribly effective against my roller habits. I need to get back to the drawing board and so far, the bucket seems to be the new main for me.

Edited on by erv

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

MERG

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@MERG: Up till 2 in the morning but I'm paying for it. Need a nap already lol.

hahahahahaha...at your age you, you should be getting more sleep.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

jariw

Undead_terror wrote:

I was playing for less then that and is onward to level 25...once you reach level 25 you will unlock the armor helmet from story mode, also did anyone see if the Power Mask was in the hat shop?

Perhaps the Power Mask might not be available as some kind of new gear after all. The picture that Nintendo published before the update included some other types of gear that were already available (such as the Safari Hat), so it might be that the Power Mask was one of those old types of gear only used as an example.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Undead_terror

@jariw: I would feel that would be the case as well, it is suppose to be amiibo exclusive, also they shown off the school outfit in the new update trailer, maybe it hints for more restock? I dunno, but at least what's exclusive is exclusive unless it becomes paid content.

I do wonder if there is any more gear that get's unlocked by getting to a certain level, a shame that there is really nothing to get after level 20 so far besides that helmet.
Also a pic about the Helmet
Untitled

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

rjejr

@Spoony_Tech: Oh thanks. Yeah, those first 5 or so matches almost seemed unfair, I assumed - justly or not - you and some of your friends were using cell phones. My wife showed up just as they split us up and it was all downhill from there.

I hate the new scoring. It's worse than splatfest. Ranked is an improvement 3, 5 and 10 (whatever it is) even when you lose, but 1, 2 or 3 is really not even worth it. I do like the increments though, if they keep doubling it, or 50% increase - I'm only level 22 - it will keep everybody spread out for awhile, should take me 2 months or so. I'm not sure about the normal ranked scoring but I did lose 12 points once, but I've always had weird scoring in ranked so I didn't think anything of it.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

jariw

Undead_terror wrote:

I do wonder if there is any more gear that get's unlocked by getting to a certain level, a shame that there is really nothing to get after level 20 so far besides that helmet.

Nintendo said every 5th level after level 20 has a reward.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

rjejr

@Undead_terror: - If they aren't going to make any more squidling amiibo - and I haven't seen a single 1 on a store shelf except the morning the game launched - then they should sell ALL OF IT, as reasonably priced DLC. W/ all the SSB amiibo yet to come, and the yarn Yoshi in the US, I'm not sure when they'll even have time to make more. Since the game only sold for abut $40 outside of the US they could charge $5 per challenge, $12 for all 3, and people outside the US would still be paying less than the US $60 for the complete game.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

jariw

rjejr wrote:

I hate the new scoring. It's worse than splatfest. Ranked is an improvement 3, 5 and 10 (whatever it is) even when you lose, but 1, 2 or 3 is really not even worth it. I do like the increments though, if they keep doubling it, or 50% increase - I'm only level 22 - it will keep everybody spread out for awhile, should take me 2 months or so.

You can't get a 10 point score on the defeated side of ranked (the max is 5 points for a defeat). Personally, I think the scoring for leveling up is great, and they really did a great job at explaining the scoring system.

jariw

PaperMario64

"In calculating the final results, the winning percentage points (weight) has been changed from 2x to 4x."

Nice, I knew they would had to tweak the numbers.

PaperMario64

jariw

Blue_Blur wrote:

Something weird just happened! My friend is on level 20. He just played his first match with the new update and won; and his level increased to level 26! He played the game normally, and didn't hack it. I saw it happen! He has played a couple more matches, and now the level system is working normally. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've seen other comments similar to this as well, where players immediately got leveled up to 24, 26, 27, etc. I guess Nintendo will patch this pretty quickly, like they did with the Spyke/Judd glitch.

And just a moment ago, I played Ranked where 2 Japanese players were on level 33! Is it even theoretically possible to collect that much points during the 12 hours that the update has been out (even if they get 10 points each match)?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic