Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,561 to 4,580 of 14,636

jariw

With the new update, gear can now be changed in the lobbies.

IGN's footage of the redesigned Urchin Underpass, with some new music as well.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

-Green-

Well since we can now change in the lobbies we might as well not have the map rotations anymore.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

DefHalan

Aromaiden wrote:

Well since we can now change in the lobbies we might as well not have the map rotations anymore.

I don't see how those are connected

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

-Green-

DefHalan wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

I don't see how those are connected

Well one of the main reasons for the Map restrictions and rotations was so players would place great consideration into their weapon choice before entering a lobby, since they would have to exit it if they made a poor choice. Now that you will be able to easily swap out gear during the lobby, it kind of makes that aspect a bit redundant.

Although I may have jumped to conclusions a bit. So sorry.

Edited on by -Green-

Blue_Blur

@Aromaiden: Or they could at least have three stages per rotation. In the lobby where it shows the current stages, there's a big enough gap for another stage. Hopefully they'll increase the stage number soon!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

MasterWario

Private matches looks legit. Hopefully I'll be able to use it some.

Does anyone know what time the update is hitting tomorrow/6th? I'm guessing it'll be 6pm-ish like the updates normally hit but I haven't seen a confirmation anywhere.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Undead_terror

Not the full stream but I was in a bunch of these matches! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i52kYi0Qup4 (has bad language) was fun and challenging...also should of changed to another gun instead of a aerospray beforehand...

@MasterWario heard it was suppose to be 10 PM Eastern.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

rjejr

Start w/ the heavy splatting, end w/ the slooshing. Like dating in HS.

Had an interesting afternoon in splat zone, still in warehouse and Camp Trigger, the only mode and maps it seems like I've played on in weeks. Won my 1st 6, a record for me, than after a bit of lose-win-lose-win lost 4 In a row. Won the next 2 then called it quits for dinner, up 38 points, so not bad, currently sitting at B-46.

I'm guessing 10PM for the update tomoorow. 600mb is normally 6 minutes for me, but who knows. Still deciding if I should be playing or not then. May just peruse MI I verse until 10:05 then shut down and let auto update do its thing, worked flawlessly for SSB last werk.

Signed up for team marshmallow, but won't wear a new shirt in ranked. I'll mess around the next few days in turf war leveling it up a bit.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Barely_able

Load out changes are only allowed in the lobby for the squad and private modes (heard this in the IGN and gamexplain streams). Seems dumb not to add it to all modes.

Barely_able

-Green-

Barely_Able wrote:

Load out changes are only allowed in the lobby for the squad and private modes (heard this in the IGN and gamexplain streams). Seems dumb not to add it to all modes.

Ah, okay . Now it makes since. If they added the ability to change weapons in the lobbies of all modes then it would make some of their reasoning and justification for the map rotations pointless.

Edited on by -Green-

Rexcalibr

I've been thinking about getting this. I'll be honest, the characters don't appeal to me but the game has gotten great reviews and it's supposed to be one of the best games on the Wii U.

Would you guys say you like this or Mario Kart 8 more?

Rexcalibr

yokokazuo

New Splatoon theme for 3DS in Japan (and probably soon in other regions soon). It has the Splatfest music! Probably going to download this.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

-Green-

@Rexcalibr: It really depends on opinion and preference, but in my opinion, I prefer Splatoon. The game just appeals to me far more, and although it has its current flaws, it's still oodles of fresh fun. Also, while Mario Kart 8 has reached it's peak, Splatoon is still growing and improving as a game. In a way, Splatoon can really only get better.

Edited on by -Green-

e-love

@EdJericho: yessssss the squid girl DLC looks so good ;-; !

Also they're raising the level cap and meanwhile I'm level 17 :^)

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

MasterWario

@Rexcalibr: Depends how much you've played Mario Kart in the past/how often you enjoy racing games. Mario Kart 8 is definitely the best Mario Kart to date, but over the years I've played so much Mario Kart, so after golding all the pre-DLC tracks I was kinda done with it. The longevity of Mario Kart, for me, mostly comes from local multiplayer. It's the only reason I boot up the game every once-and-a-while at this point.

And I guess a similar degree with Splatoon. I've never played shooters before so I'm probably going to be playing Splatoon for a long time, and I think I've already clocked in more hours in it than Mario Kart 8.

And my biggest beef is I feel like Splatoon is all skill (minus your random teammates, which still technically requires skill just not yours), wheres losing in Mario Kart often feels like you've been gimmicked.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

-Green-

@MasterWario: The teammate skill issue will also help be alleviated with the new matchmaking options; so that's a plus.

Barely_able

Aromaiden wrote:

@MasterWario: The teammate skill issue will also help be alleviated with the new matchmaking options; so that's a plus.

Yeah, I need to make some friends on here because teams are hot and miss. Today most of my matches had the winners at 70%. I seemed to flip flop and get the bad players every other match. It's no fun when you are always 700-1000 and the rest of your team is 300 or less (when losing).

Barely_able

iphys

Rexcalibr wrote:

I've been thinking about getting this. I'll be honest, the characters don't appeal to me but the game has gotten great reviews and it's supposed to be one of the best games on the Wii U.

Would you guys say you like this or Mario Kart 8 more?

Splatoon is more novel and fun than MK8, but MK8 has more content in terms of the number of courses, especially if you buy the DLC too. I've also found MK8 is more fun to play alone because you can do time trials or play with CPUs, whereas the single player mode in this hasn't interested me enough to play very much of it even, but maybe that's just because the multiplayer is so good in this game that I insist on always playing it.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

OorWullie

@Rexcalibr: If I'm honest the characters and gameplay never really appealed much to me either,that is until I got the game.Now I love the style they went for,it fits the game perfectly.As for the gameplay,it really needs to be experienced first hand to fully understand just how great it is.The motion control and map on the Gamepad together with the unique and colourful gameplay make this game truly special and something that just wouldn't be the same on any other console.You're a Nintendo fan who owns a Wii U so you owe it yourself to get Splatoon,trust your fellow MK8 fan who had his doubts also,you won't regret it

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic