Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,541 to 4,560 of 14,636

bassoongoon

@Aromaiden:

I for one dislike Arowana Mall. It is way too easy for one team to get an unbreakable advantage on that stage.

You can pry my bassoon from my cold dead fingers!

-Green-

I wonder if some weapon adjustments are also coming in the huge update. They did something similar for the characters in the Smash Bros update.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

jariw

Aromaiden wrote:

I wonder if some weapon adjustments are also coming in the huge update. They did something similar for the characters in the Smash Bros update.

The build notes mention balancing of 3 specials, no mentioning of any changes made to main or sub weapons. Personally, I think the main weapons (I've tested, around 15 or something) are fine.

Smash Bros is a different thing entirely, and it's even developed by a Nintendo EAD.

jariw

-Green-

The Bucket looks pretty good. It seems to have good range, okay coverage, and also seems to be able to two shot someone. Based on the video it also seems pretty good with ink consumption.

Edited on by -Green-

MasterWario

I guess it may be because I'm often on the happier side of the snowball, but Arowana Mall is one of my favorites, and the game never feels like a lost cause because I feel like I know the strategy for the stage. I also really like the flanks in that stage. Apparently in the update on the 6th, they are changing it slightly for ranked; probably moving the grates around.

I'm not sure how the trees will play out in Urchin Underpass, but other than that I'm really happy with the changes. That stage was the bane of my existence. I'm guessing it just countered my playstyle. (Of course Turf Wars were fine but that's because no one is camping around the corners)

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

jariw

Some gear that arrive in the August update.
Untitled

Seems like there's now a version of the squid amiibo helmet available without the amiibo. I guess it has a different main ability than the amiibo version.

And here's the sushi chef costume, the winner from the Famitsu costume contest:
Untitled

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Undead_terror

Welp...it's a bit disappointing to know that those who got the squid amiibo now only have 2/3 parts of the power suit that are exclusive to the squid amiibo...butt I don't really use the helmet so it's not all that bad...does make ya wonder if any other amiibo stuff is given out for free.
I'm still hoping that we get that squid girl outfit as well, other then that I'm looking forward to testing out the minigun, wouldn't mind maining that.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

jariw

Undead_terror wrote:

Welp...it's a bit disappointing to know that those who got the squid amiibo now only have 2/3 parts of the power suit that are exclusive to the squid amiibo...butt I don't really use the helmet so it's not all that bad...does make ya wonder if any other amiibo stuff is given out for free.
I'm still hoping that we get that squid girl outfit as well, other then that I'm looking forward to testing out the minigun, wouldn't mind maining that.

But if it's a different main ability connected to the helmet, it isn't the same helmet. (And if the main ability is different, it's also very likely that the secondary abilities that the helmet can randomize between are different.)

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Undead_terror

I doubt it will be any different, and besides that Spyke can change up the abilities, would be nice if us squid amiibo owners got something back or for it to be a challenge to get that helmet.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

jump

Undead_terror wrote:

I doubt it will be any different, and besides that Spyke can change up the abilities, would be nice if us squid amiibo owners got something back or for it to be a challenge to get that helmet.

Not quite, depending on the brand some abilities are more likely to be rolled than others and since Amiibo is the brand listed for the current helmet it's likely to get different abilities.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Undead_terror

Either way, it's suppose to be a special helmet for those who own the squid amiibo and beat it's challenges, now anyone can wear it.

jariw

arronishere wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Not quite, depending on the brand some abilities are more likely to be rolled than others and since Amiibo is the brand listed for the current helmet it's likely to get different abilities.

This. Main abilities can't be changed at all by Spyke, since it's connected to the gear. And the brand of the gear affects what kind of sub abilities that will appear in the randomization.

jariw

rjejr

@jariw: Dont you think the update is so big b/c rather than just making changes to those 5 maps they listed they are DLing the entire new stage design? 5 maps is about half the game.
I also wonder if it's possible they are taking the opportunity to move some of the engine off the disc and onto the system to cut down access times? Maybe all of Inkopolis as that loads every time? Guess somebody needs to record boot times before and after the update.

Thanks for the heads up about leveling up the t-shirt, hadnt played in a couple of nights. Was going to wait until the update but I'll fire it up tonight to vote.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

jariw

rjejr wrote:

@jariw: Dont you think the update is so big b/c rather than just making changes to those 5 maps they listed they are DLing the entire new stage design? 5 maps is about half the game.

If they only move walls and objects (as in the Underpass remake) but keeping the same textures, the memory consumption should be fairly low for that, since they can use the exiting textures. According to the Splatoon leak in June, the 3D models for the stages are made is some standard 3DS Max-compatible file format (from Autodesk, not related to the Nintendo 3DS), and these files can usually be very small. And the Nintendo press release promised the usual gradual unlock of new stages after the update, so it contains some new ones at least. We'll see... Things like the new songs in surround mixes will of course occupy a bit of that space as well.

jariw

-Green-

Oh my gosh, it's too cute. It's literally too kawaii for me. Although it doesn't really seem to match the boy though.

Edited on by -Green-

DreamyViridi

For those still on the fence about the new weapon types, GameXplain uploaded a few videos on the incoming update. Here they are in action in a match.

Slosher in Turf War Match

Heavy Splatling in Splat Zones Match

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ultraraichu

That is cute. I guess I'll see more G.I.R.L (Guys In Real Life) Inklings when that outfit comes out. It's a bit weird that the boy inkling looks even more like a Blooper with the outfit but I guess the hair is to blame.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

MasterWario

Lol he only used his subs once in each video! So the Slosher has Burst Bombs and Inkstrike, and the Heavy Splatling has the Splash Wall and the Inkstrike. Don't know if that information is readily available but I didn't know where to find it.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

jariw

DreamyViridi wrote:

For those still on the fence about the new weapon types, GameXplain uploaded a few videos on the incoming update. Here they are in action in a match.

Slosher in Turf War Match

Heavy Splatling in Splat Zones Match

Those winner animations...

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic