Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 421 to 440 of 14,636

shingi_70

Been combing through all the footage that we've seen of the game and man this game has a ton of depth.

In general it shouldn't be that much of a problem due to how the game is set up in comparison to other shooters. [youtube:u6O6akRDwJg]

It seems that the weapons work in sort of pack so a Player wouldn't be able to just load him/herself up with the stongest type of gear. It also creates a balance in your actual weapon types.
Untitled

Looking at the store the loadouts are pre-sold meaning you won't be able to build a i'm so OP line up. This in its self give pretty good diversity and is a give and take on what role you want to play on your team and could change what you chose depending on the gametype your playing.

Onto the weapons you have three types of weapons

[B}Main Weapon[/B]
Your main weapon is the main gun you use to fight and throw pain with it can be turned into a couple of different types.

Roller - The giant rolling pain brush which functions like a melee weapon. You can roll over enemies with it and it has really good rangetting your color paint onto the field. It has a double edged sword of making a ton of coverage to the paint control for your team but lacking any sort of ranged combat ability.

5.2 Gallon - This looks to be more a SMG based on its stylings, I couldn't find any combat footage to see how it works.

Ink Rifle- The sniper Rifle and it seems to work the same way in most other games. In the Nintendo Direct Video we see two types one just called Ink Rifle and a second called Quick Ink Rifle. This seems to just be the way of progressing weapons for each category as the quick version has better stats and different sub weapons.

The normal super soaker water gun looking weapon- This one is used the most in the Gameplay and typically is green with a clear barrel for paint. This is most likely the main rapid fire assault rife styled weapon.

Pain Brush- This looks like the pencil style paint brush used mostly for art. There hasn't been a lot shown of what it does but its a melee weapon if I had to guess.

Sub Weapon
These are triggered using one of R2/L2 Triggers. These are assists that use quite a bit of pant in your reserves. So far the Sub weapons we seen are.

Ink Bomb- Your typical grenade that can damage or splatter any enemies within close range and splatters a on of pain onto the map.

Sprinkler - We see this one in the newest direct and it works a bit ike an Auto turret where it spins and sprays ink around.

Ink shield- No actual name for this weapon shown in the direct but it looks like a Syringe and when use it forms a temporary shielding in front of opponents that they can't get around.

Special Weapons
These are used after a meter in the top right corner of the screen is filled through getting pain and spattering other inkinglings. These are the power weapons of the game and are activated through the clicking of the right control stick. The ones we know of right now.

Ink launcher - The default one we've seen thus far and itt works as your typical Rocket launcher taking inklings out in one hit and leaving think streaking lines of paint in its wake.

Ink Tornado- We see this one in the new trailer and it shoots a cannon up into the air and than it comes down upon the map nad enemies as a raging Tornado of paint.

Barrier - This is shown is the special weapon slot but it doesn't seem to be an actual weapon but more of a offensive item. After you spcial meter is up this will probably keep you afe from any attacks until the meter is up. Think of it as a bubble shield from Halo 3 or one of the stars in a Mario game.

Clothing items.
The Clothing items are used to not only customize your inkling to your liking, but too augment your inkling for playing the game. Clothing is put into three different types Headgear, Clothing, and shoes.
Untitled

If you look each piece of clothing has some sort of perk attached to it. The headphones in the lower picture has a perk that looks like it speeds the filling of your special weapon meter, and the shirt seems like it effects your super squid jump. The perks with question marks probably unlock based upon your player level.
Untitled

There's a few other things I noticed as well.
-Your ammo is refilled by you dipping into your own ink, it hasn't been shown about what happens in different color ink.
-When a squid super jumps to your position you get a visual que of which player is coming to your postion.
-The seems to be asignal button mapped to up on the dpad which probably alerts your teammates to you needing assistance.
-Splatoon is going be pretty indepth and actually has two layers of play. Normal Map control which is keeping the best vantage spots and than paint control which is controlling where your paint actual is on the map. This will probably vary in importance depending on the gametype your playing.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ralizah

Can I just add that it is nice to see another Nintendo game that gives you an option to change your skin color? Also, I'm going to waste so much time buying clothes so that my Squid Girl has a cute outfit...

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

erv

iKhan wrote:

erv wrote:

Seeing as the game is out already where I live, I can confirm that the stats ruin everything.

You live in the future?

According to my iphone 8 and my new nintendo 3dU console you seem to be living in the past. I came to warn everyone about the dangers of a stats stacking system in gameplay from your alternate future to try and avoid the zombie apocalypse that excessive sales of splatoon will trigger in at least one of our parallel dimensions.

May the force be with you, and godspeed!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Octane

This is pretty cool, we get our own 2D arcade game in Splatoon:

Untitled
Untitled

Octane

Blast

Ralizah wrote:

Can I just add that it is nice to see another Nintendo game that gives you an option to change your skin color? Also, I'm going to waste so much time buying clothes so that my Squid Girl has a cute outfit...

Agreed!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

whodatninja

This looks to be another Hyrule Warriors success: Possible short single player but TONS of side content! I can't wait to make my own squid girl!!!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Nicolai

whodatninja wrote:

This looks to be another Hyrule Warriors success: Possible short single player but TONS of side content! I can't wait to make my own squid girl!!!

I thought Hyrule Warriors' campaign was pretty lengthy. Then again, that could be because I chose a mode that kicked my butt many many times. I had to replay parts a lot.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Rezalack

They should have the Mario amiibo put Super Mario Sunshine rendition of Mario as a playable character.. or even just his weapon/outfit. I wasn't a huge fan of that game, but it feels like the perfect fit.

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

NintendoFan64

Rezalack wrote:

They should have the Mario amiibo put Super Mario Sunshine rendition of Mario as a playable character.. or even just his weapon/outfit. I wasn't a huge fan of that game, but it feels like the perfect fit.

I would love foramiibos to add in game-specific outfits. Like, say, Mario's hat. Or Ness's shirt. Or a Kirby helmet. This could be very interesting.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

iKhan

Rezalack wrote:

Oh hell no. I don't want that tied to amiibo. Just make it DLC, I don't want a random figure lying around my house.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Rebelarch86

My game nights need this game type. So excited for this year. Mario Party in March, Splatoon in May, Project treasure sounds like a Gauntlet Legends 4 person hack and slash, and Rockband hinting at releasing a new game!

Rebelarch86

DefHalan

iKhan wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

Oh hell no. I don't want that tied to amiibo. Just make it DLC, I don't want a random figure lying around my house.

I think it actually sounds great as an Amiibo function.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

DefHalan wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

From a business perspective, it's a great idea. But as someone who has no interest in Amiibo, I'd rather just buy FLUDD DLC.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Retro_on_theGo

I would love the FLUDD in the game. It'd make a really interesting weapon type too, defending your side by washing off paint instead of spreading it. I have no interest in any of Mario's amiibos though, so I'm not even sure if I'd get to use it.

Also Splatoon tumblr updated! You earn money to buy clothes based on how much turf you cover! So you don't even necessarily need to win to earn enough money.

Zyon

iKhan wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Rezalack wrote:

From a business perspective, it's a great idea. But as someone who has no interest in Amiibo, I'd rather just buy FLUDD DLC.

I've got to agree with Rezalack I don't want little things like Mario accessories tied to just amiibo's. I've got three amiibos mainly for Smash and that's more then enough for me.
I'd like to see Luigi's hat in the game but I don't want to have to own a Luigi amiibo just to get it. What's wrong with just having it in the game already or just having it as DLC, this is Nintendo after all they don't make us pay 1.99 for every little thing. Big packs of DLC theme items or weapons sure pay a couple bucks. Didn't I hear that the developers are mostly from the AC series and how much Nintendo themed stuff have they added to those games.

Edited on by Zyon

Zyon

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4646-2043 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyon17

IceClimbers

I feel like FLUDD or some sort of Sunshine cameo will be in the game without a doubt. Could even see Mario make a cameo after a match washing all of the ink off.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

I am loving these weapons. The shield sounds like it would be useful defensive ability, I can imagine using it to block off narrow paths. And that missile looks like it would just plain rain down hell.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic