Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 441 to 460 of 14,636

shingi_70

The extra mealy Analysis video from gamexplain.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

Wow. Another contender for the best Wii U game this year. And the new guys who created this new IP should create a new IP again.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

luisesteban

This game keeps looking better and better every time.

luisesteban

cookiex

I want to see a sequel called Spla2n.

Or alternatively, 2 Splat 2 Toon.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

iKhan

Has anyone notice how good the music is?

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Inkling

iKhan wrote:

Has anyone notice how good the music is?

Yeah, I really want the official soundtrack now! >_<

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

shingi_70

Probably too late but hopefully Nintendo shows off the game next week at APEX.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DefHalan

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

Blast wrote:

Wow. Another contender for the best Wii U game this year. And the new guys who created this new IP should create a new IP again.

Interestingly, it's Nintendo Software Development Group No. 2, according to Wikipedia. They mostly traffic in Animal Crossing and casual Wii/Wii U party/sports games. They did do Star Fox Command, though.

The team behind one of the greatest Star Fox games are behind Splatoon!!! Now I am super excited

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DreamyViridi

I'm sorry but I must say how much I like the design of the store clerks. The Sea Anemone is my favourite. She's adorable.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nicolai

DreamyViridi wrote:

I'm sorry but I must say how much I like the design of the store clerks. The Sea Anemone is my favourite. She's adorable.

Agreed. It's so appropriate for someone dealing in headwear.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Retro_on_theGo

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/108936778189/new-report-wev...

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/108948731624/here-comes-a-f...

WE FINALLY KNOW WHAT "STATS" THE CLOTHING HAVE DO! In all honestly, I can sadly see this easily leading to a "best set-up" thing online. Of everything we'e seen of the game though, this is the only thing I have a gripe with, so I'm still hyped. But. Eh. I can live. ….this kind of sucks.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred

It depends on how they balance it, because "perks" have been in use for a long time, and sometimes they turn out okay, sometimes they don't. At the end of the day, n00bs are gonna get thwomped against a hardcore player either way. because its a skill-based genre...what matters is how it will effect the mid-to-high level players.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MsJubilee

CanisWolfred wrote:

It depends on how they balance it, because "perks" have been in use for a long time, and sometimes they turn out okay, sometimes they don't. At the end of the day, n00bs are gonna get thwomped against a hardcore player either way. because its a skill-based genre...what matters is how it will effect the mid-to-high level players.

The worst thing about this is the hardcore player who's beating up noobs aren't going to be 12 year old kids it's going to be grown men who hasn't grown up and bought a PS4.It's where all the men are at!Grow up everyone!Stop playing these kiddies games!And throw your Wiiu's and the 3DS's out the door and replace them with PS4's and Vita's!Ha!II can't even say this with a straight face now move on!

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Retro_on_theGo

I can see it working out, but when they decided to make a piece of clothing having multiple perks that you have to keep using to unlock, that's where I get worried. Looking at the stars on each weapon, assuming those correlate to how many perks it can get, some clothing already gives you a bigger advantage than others. That's BS. You're already narrowing down what's more beneficial to wear.

It's not the perks themselves I hate. I would have welcomed them if they were their own thing like abilities or something. It's that they're attached to clothing. I freaking hate this across all games. Let me dress up my character how I want, dammit!

At the very least... they are perks, not literal stats like implied in the direct, so there's potentially nothing negative about any of the clothing options, everything should be at least viable. Hopefully they all are fairly balanced so everyone doesn't end up looking the same online in the end, which would severely disappoint me. Not looking too hot right now, but maybe it's too soon to judge. But we're getting closer to launch and I don't know how many more times I can say that to defend this decision.

MsJubilee

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I can see it working out, but when they decided to make a piece of clothing having multiple perks that you have to keep using to unlock, that's where I get worried. Looking at the stars on each weapon, assuming those correlate to how many perks it can get, some clothing already gives you a bigger advantage than others. That's BS. You're already narrowing down what's more beneficial to wear.

It's not the perks themselves I hate. I would have welcomed them if they were their own thing like abilities or something. It's that they're attached to clothing. I freaking hate this across all games. Let me dress up my character how I want, dammit!

At the very least... they are perks, not literal stats like implied in the direct, so there's potentially nothing negative about any of the clothing options, everything should be at least viable. Hopefully they all are fairly balanced so everyone doesn't end up looking the same online in the end, which would severely disappoint me. Not looking too hot right now, but maybe it's too soon to judge. But we're getting closer to launch and I don't know how many more times I can say that to defend this decision.

Man just by reading your post, you make it sound this feature is going to be broken.Have some faith for once been looking at these posts you make and it's the same thing you being afraid of this feature being broken or ruining the game.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Retro_on_theGo

It's literally my only problem with the game, so of course it's the "same thing." I've been having faith and right now it's just looking like a "meh" system for customization.

It's not going to be game breaking and I may even be overreacting (knowing myself I'm pretty sure I am), it's just really disappointing. If I find clothing I really like, I'm just gonna use it. For the most part I won't worry to much about the perks, but if it turns out they have a pretty big impact and create an optimal build, it's going to be annoying to see entire teams of try-hards wearing the same set-up, and maybe have to switch to it since online is going to be where I spend the most time with this game.

I was worried about the leveling system too, but now I love it! It's just used to unlock weapons in the shop, it was implemented in a great not too intrusive way. As a rule of thumb I just think it's a very poor choice to attach stats to cosmetic customization so I'm disappointed to see Splatoon go that route. I'll get over it soon enough. Again, game still looks like one of the best on Wii U! Guess I've just been venting.

iKhan

^I'm still a bit weary of a leveling system. Far too often those are just shoehorned into games because people think having a sense of progression is a good idea. The issue though is that a leveling system is a very specific, super-gradual progression that works well in RPGs because there is an aesthetic focused around growth, and part of the fundamentals of the genre is maintaining the same player capabilities the whole game (i.e. you don't suddenly acquire a new functionality in the game once you get the ball rolling).

It sounds promising that it may stay restricted to just what you unlock and who you are matched with, but it is a new IP, so I'd rather stay weary.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic