Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 14,636

Rapido

Anyone else, had the issue of error 118-0516 and any insights how to fix it aside from the troubleshooting steps from Nintendo support? Thanks~

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

jump

I was going into turf wars to level up my gear (which only had 1 ability on each piece) and to experiment with the blaster which is one of my weaker/less used weapons only to mistakenly go into rank instead, luckily I was with a decent team and managed to win although I was the weakest player in both teams with 6 kills and 12 deaths.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BakaKnight

@arronishere Happened to me too to enter Rank mode by mistake while being badly equipped, I guess that after a while it become automatic to press Up+A in mode selection XD

I was even unlucky in my case, I played well enough despite being unready, but the team was pretty bad in general; still it was better so, I wasn't daring to play anymore after reaching max points, that defeat gave me a good excuse for get back in rank battles XP

Edited on by BakaKnight

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

Ralizah

I'm still awful at Moray Towers. I do love it, though. It's so different from other stages. And I don't recall it being in the campaign.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Faruko

Im not sure why arent all the stages open at once, this 2 stages at a time feels like a random idea

Its cool in the way that makes all people to play every map but you can do with a rotation also

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

whodatninja

Faruko wrote:

Im not sure why arent all the stages open at once, this 2 stages at a time feels like a random idea

Its cool in the way that makes all people to play every map but you can do with a rotation also

Yeeah we discussed this at length a couple pages back... but i agree.

arronishere wrote:

I was going into turf wars to level up my gear (which only had 1 ability on each piece) and to experiment with the blaster which is one of my weaker/less used weapons only to mistakenly go into rank instead, luckily I was with a decent team and managed to win although I was the weakest player in both teams with 6 kills and 12 deaths.

I still can't handle Ranked matches. It's so intense!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

veeflames

I still can't choose s Splatfest team! And Splatfest's (still apparently) on Friday. I really have to choose soon so that I can upgrade my shirt.
Still apparently because it's not illogical to think that Nintendo will delay it in honor of Iwata.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

-Green-

Faruko wrote:

The August update is supposed to allow us to create custom rounds, so we're supposed to be able to choose our maps, modes, and rules. So that may fix the main restriction issue. Although I do agree, the 2 map thing is weird, and I think it would be far better if it was 3 like in Splatfest.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

whodatninja

Team Eat or Team Sleep, I don't really have an opinion. Which seems to be the most popular? lol

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Grumblevolcano

@whodatninja: It seems to be Team Eat because you can't play Splatoon while you sleep.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

So my son finally gets into B rank (and it was a long battle to get there) and his very first match pits him and 3 other B rank players against an all A+ team. Needless to say not only did they lose but got so pinned back they could hardly move. Why can't the game be smart enough to split those A+ players. At least he only lost 4 points.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jariw

Faruko wrote:

It has been explained multiple times by the developers, including in the Splatoon Direct. Splatoon rewards the players who optimize their loadout based on the map rotation (and mode).

Edited on by jariw

jariw

rjejr

@jariw: But what if we don't want to be rewarded, what if we just want to have fun and play the game? Isn't ranked to be rewarded and turf war for fun? Well I suppose there is always single player. Kinda wish we would play turf war against a few Octos to get used to the stages, recon is great but a few ocotos would be nice. I can never remember which level is which inow single player, a couple are fun, 1 of the last ink strike even took me a couple of tries to beat.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

@Spoony_Tech: That's what I always say watching 4 20s take on 4 teens, and everybody just tells me it makes sense. I believe them, I just wish somebody would explain it to me. If the game won't split them up might as well let us play w/ friends in ranked then.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Grumblevolcano

@rjejr: I agree and infact another shooter playable on Wii U has a mode like that. Of course I'm talking about Black Ops 2's "Combat Training" mode where you can face off against AI with difficulty chosen by you (Recruit, Regular, Hardened or Veteran) in a variety of standard multiplayer modes. Can be played both offline and online with friends and this essentially allows you to become very used to the maps so you are a better teammate online.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iphys

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

I still can't choose s Splatfest team! And Splatfest's (still apparently) on Friday. I really have to choose soon so that I can upgrade my shirt.
Still apparently because it's not illogical to think that Nintendo will delay it in honor of Iwata.

Yeah, I found it really hard to choose between 2 things that seem so similar. In the end I went with purple shirt slightly nicer than green, water and palm trees more inviting than a desert with cacti, Marie's cute little mouth nicer than Callie's freaky fangs.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Spoony_Tech

So my son got out of that room and landed himself right into B+! I'm guessing he was happy with that because then he quite.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rjejr

@Grumblevolcano: "Combat Training"

That sounds very cool. My 10 year old son really wanted Splatoon before it came out, had fun playing the testfires, but he's only up to level 6 b/c he's a Minecraft addict and he's intimidated being the only 6 w/ 7 level 20 players so he doesn't want to play it now. Well he does, and he would, maybe if there was a level 1-10 only mode.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

jump

I got 4 connection errors in a row and now I'm back to a b+ FUDGE SAKE!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic