Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 14,636

veeflames

If we're still talking about dream specials, how about a box that can store a charged special for you? Not just yours, but also the specials of all your teammates. The player who uses this special can still charge up another one, but the process will be extremely slow.
I always hated losing a precious charged special because of my opponents... the box can help curb that.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

jump

Nicolai wrote:

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

I'm sure it's because they just want to keep it to three match-up possibilities, to minimize the wait time in the lobby. Since the game came out, matches have always started real quickly for me. The only downside to that is I never get much time for Squid Jump.

Yeah, it makes sense. It's a new, untested IP and the last thing they want is to split the player pool a bunch and potentially increase wait times.

Until they have unranked version of each game mode, it's Turf Wars for me. I got to A+ in ranked and now I am DONE with that mode.

Hmmm, there should always be an incentive for ranked battles. What if they added a streak for how many games you've won at the maximum rank and xp? It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a leaderboard, to keep it real competitive for the "A+ers."

Wouldn't the incentive be higher points & money for new gear/weapons, unlocking abilities and snails?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

rjejr

Nicolai wrote:

What if they added a streak for how many games you've won at the maximum rank and xp? It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a leaderboard, to keep it real competitive for the "A+ers."

Game could really use some more stats. And a level cap to 50. Maybe even 99. It's really just more an indicator of how long people have played anyway, not how good they are. Maybe every level up they could give us a snail. Considering the curve the levels were on 99 would take me a very long time. Maybe never.

Never really thought about A+ before as I highly doubt I'll ever make it past B- or B, but you have a very good point. I suppose the simplest thing they could do is create their own "base" system. Base 5 could work = A, A+, A++, A+++, A++++, A#. Except a CROWN like in SM3DW/L instead of a #. After A++ the other 2 + could go under to make a 2x2 box out of the +. After A++++ they could make it really hard, like lose 5 points, earn 1, so that crown would really mean something. Though honestly that could be how A works, I have no idea, nobody does, this entire games scoring is more complicated than the college football computers.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Spoony_Tech

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

If we're still talking about dream specials, how about a box that can store a charged special for you? Not just yours, but also the specials of all your teammates. The player who uses this special can still charge up another one, but the process will be extremely slow.
I always hated losing a precious charged special because of my opponents... the box can help curb that.

That might be too powerful. Just think of all the inkstrike spamming at the end of turf wars. It doesn't really give incentive for any skill. Of 2 players had inkstrike and did it twice in the last 10 seconds you could essentially win and not even do much to do so. Its a good idea in concept but some specials would create unbalance.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

rjejr wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

What if they added a streak for how many games you've won at the maximum rank and xp? It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a leaderboard, to keep it real competitive for the "A+ers."

Game could really use some more stats. And a level cap to 50. Maybe even 99. It's really just more an indicator of how long people have played anyway, not how good they are. Maybe every level up they could give us a snail. Considering the curve the levels were on 99 would take me a very long time. Maybe never.

Never really thought about A+ before as I highly doubt I'll ever make it past B- or B, but you have a very good point. I suppose the simplest thing they could do is create their own "base" system. Base 5 could work = A, A+, A++, A+++, A++++, A#. Except a CROWN like in SM3DW/L instead of a #. After A++ the other 2 + could go under to make a 2x2 box out of the +. After A++++ they could make it really hard, like lose 5 points, earn 1, so that crown would really mean something. Though honestly that could be how A works, I have no idea, nobody does, this entire games scoring is more complicated than the college football computers.

You're giving me a headache. Stop it! It's late morning old man nap time for us when you spoot dribble all over the place.

Plus you caused me to double post!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Nicolai

arronishere wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

Nicolai wrote:

I'm sure it's because they just want to keep it to three match-up possibilities, to minimize the wait time in the lobby. Since the game came out, matches have always started real quickly for me. The only downside to that is I never get much time for Squid Jump.

Yeah, it makes sense. It's a new, untested IP and the last thing they want is to split the player pool a bunch and potentially increase wait times.

Until they have unranked version of each game mode, it's Turf Wars for me. I got to A+ in ranked and now I am DONE with that mode.

Hmmm, there should always be an incentive for ranked battles. What if they added a streak for how many games you've won at the maximum rank and xp? It wouldn't be a bad idea to have a leaderboard, to keep it real competitive for the "A+ers."

Wouldn't the incentive be higher points & money for new gear/weapons, unlocking abilities and snails?

Yeah, but at some point, you get all of the gear, maximize all of their slots, and then you need more incentive again. I think a leaderboard would take care of that. And since your ranking is all about how your team does, there's no worry of the top players focusing too much on themselves, unlike your level.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Ploppins

Honestly, I just can't stand the ranking system. I love the splat zone game mode, though, and would love to just be able to play it for fun in an unranked mode like turf wars. Increasing the level cap would be icing on the cake.

Edited on by Ploppins

PSN/NNID: Ploppins_
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1169-2298

LegoNintendo12

Kinda random but, is it just me or does the squid jumping feel more weighted and less floaty lol.

LegoNintendo12

Grumblevolcano

So I started Splatoon today (felt enough content had been added to start) and from level 4 I kept being matchmade with everyone else being 20. Also how do you get more abilities added to your clothing?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

suburban_sensei

I am interested in this game. Have more than $60 in Gamestop credit. Is it worth picking up even if I don't know anybody else who really has the game?

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

DefHalan

suburban_sensei wrote:

I am interested in this game. Have more than $60 in Gamestop credit. Is it worth picking up even if I don't know anybody else who really has the game?

I think so. None of my friends had a Wii U when it launched and the ones that do now still don't have the game.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jariw

Grumblevolcano wrote:

So I started Splatoon today (felt enough content had been added to start) and from level 4 I kept being matchmade with everyone else being 20. Also how do you get more abilities added to your clothing?

The best chance of getting gear with additional sub ability slots before you're level 20 is to order 3-slot gear you see in the Plaza through Spyke. It's expensive, though.
The Splatoon developers recently said that match making in Regular mode is based on playing style, not level. But try connecting to a new lobby if you don't feel that the current lobby isn't fair.

jariw

jariw

suburban_sensei wrote:

Personally, I love to play in random teams, with unknown players, as long as we're fairly eqal in skill level. The only thing that's really required for Splatoon is a good internet connection.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Octane

Pahvi wrote:

@jariw I thought around level 10 or so you can buy gear with two subabilities, and maybe 15 or so to be able to buy gear with three subabilities?

I'm level 14 and I've seen gear with three sub-abilities in the shop, can't remember if they were available at level 13 or not.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I'm now at level 10 and no new equipment (except weapons) is showing up, is there some kind of single player requirement? I haven't started it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Iggly

The clothing list changes daily like in Animal Crossing so the clothing you see now is what's available at the moment until tomorrow. You can get some clothing for clearing the single player, but you get them for free and you won't have to buy them unlike the weapons you can get from the single player mode.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Koopa-King

Only a few hours now before Tower Control is live! I hope everyone is just as excited as I am.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Datasun_7

Apparently the modes for ranked battle change every four hours along with the maps : so can't say I'm particularly excited I hope like tower control because there will be quite a few hours in the day where I won't want to play

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Koopa-King

@Datasun_7 May I ask where you found that?

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic