Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,581 to 3,600 of 14,636

Spoony_Tech

Koopa-King wrote:

@Datasun_7 May I ask where you found that?

It's pretty well known its every 4 hours now. Where I live it's 2pm 6 pm 10 pm 2 am and so fourth.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Koopa-King

@Spoony_Tech I never really saw anything saying the mode changed with the stages. Oh well, i'd be lying if I didn't find that approach interesting!

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Spoony_Tech

Koopa-King wrote:

@Spoony_Tech I never really saw anything saying the mode changed with the stages. Oh well, i'd be lying if I didn't find that approach interesting!

Didn't see modes. Don't know what he's talking about then. I was just referring to the stages for both current modes.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Datasun_7

@Spoony_Tech Saw some people talking about it on gamefaqs, think it was spotted in some footage? Kinda hope it isn't true, would stop splitting the player base more though which is definitely a good thing so kind of torn on this really.

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Nintendo_Ninja

suburban_sensei wrote:

I am interested in this game. Have more than $60 in Gamestop credit. Is it worth picking up even if I don't know anybody else who really has the
game?

It is a great game that is definitely worth you're time.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Nicolai

Though it's a bummer you can't choose, I gotta say, that's a pretty clever way of getting everyone to play the same mode and keeping the match-up process quick.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Joeynator3000

Finally got around to finishing the story mode...thought I was going to get a Game Over there with that boss. xp

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nicolai

I've come up with a way of identifying whether Splatoon is the right game for you, and it has to do with identifying yourself with either of these four categories:

• If you're not into shooting games, for reasons having to do with the core definition of shooting, then Splatoon is NOT for you. Splatoon, like every other shooter, requires you to know how to aim, and to know how to be a team player. Splatoon also requires a lot of buttons, so if you're more of a casual gamer, and you don't adapt to complex control schemes, then stick to Party Games, Animal Crossing, or Pokemon.
  • If you're not into shooting games, for reasons other than shooting, such as
    -how they tend to be gritty realistic simulators
    -how they tend to be too violent
    -how it's really hard to aim with a control stick
    -how it's hard to tell who's winning till the end.
    -how you always can't tell what's going on in general
    -how snipers are the most annoying thing on this rock we call earth
    -how the game lacks personality
    then Splatoon is for you! Splatoon offers highly precise motion-controls for aiming, and nerfs those pesky snipers by giving them shorter range as well as a laser that you can see as they're aiming (and if snipers are your thing, they're still really potent if you're good at them). Because of the simple color mechanic and the Gamepad's map, it's always clear what's going on. It's more of a sport than a violent killing spree, and it's got more personality than your average simulator, although you may not be able to develop the same emotional connection, cuz there's no drama in Splatoon. (This is my category, if you haven't guessed )
    • If you're into shooters, and you're finding that they're getting a little old and want to see a refresher, then Splatoon is for you, for all of the reasons above, but mainly just because the redirection of the main goal from getting the most kills to claiming the most turf really does force you to rethink your normal fps strategies.
    • If you're into shooters, and you're looking for a game that perfects the art (and even improves on it), or you find that little changes can be irritating when playing a genre you've always played well, then Splatoon is not for you. You won't find voice chat in this game, nor will you find that match-making is entirely fair all of the time. You won't find any way to fully customize a room, or choose who's side you're on when playing with friends, or choose your color, or hairstyle... The list goes on. The Gamepad is absolutely mandatory if you want to be good, which can be annoying if you find that looking away from the screen is distracting. If these little things can annoy you, you best steer clear of Splatoon (unfortunately).

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

-Green-

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Ugh. Just saw the Splatoon equivalent of "teabagging" after a kill.
Why are people such awful sports?

0.o How do you teabag in Splatoon? I don't think I've seen that before.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Iggly

I've had it happen once, it's just pretty much someone constantly changing from kid to squid form on the spot you got splatted on. Best way to deal with it is just destroy them or join a different room.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

-Green-

Iggly wrote:

I've had it happen once, it's just pretty much someone constantly changing from kid to squid form on the spot you got splatted on. Best way to deal with it is just destroy them or join a different room.

Oh. I've seen that. I was wondering what they were doing, but that seems like a bad idea. Considering that it leaves you really open and an easy target.

veeflames

Well, the ranking system's whacked. I'm literally stuck with Cs and C+s.... at least, I get to be the dominant player in my team... XD
EDIT: I'm rank B.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

-Green-

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Well, the ranking system's whacked. I'm literally stuck with Cs and C+s.... at least, I get to be the dominant player in my team... XD
EDIT: I'm rank B.

Yeah. They should really fix it. Sometimes it's great but other times it completely crazy, but that is in ranked.

I don't want to even get started on the unranked match making system.

ELI-ASH

I think the reason thety pool everyone in the same lobby regardless of level is so people wont have to wait as long.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

ELI-ASH

Play a few rounds of tower control and its so much fun. Im better at this than splat zones. I actually rank up for the first time XD.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

-Green-

Tower control is really fun. I think it might be my favorite mode so far.

Blasters seem really popular so far.

Edit: The killer wail seems great in this mode.

Edited on by -Green-

rjejr

Played about 3 or 4 tower matches, cant wait for new areas, warehouse area shouldnt even count, they should just leave it up there for practice. The 1 match in underpass was a lot better, until my wife and I got into a big fight. Oh well, live and learn.

Splatfest is all turf war, correct? That will be a much needed relaxing time. Can we still play w/ friends?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

yokokazuo

rjejr wrote:

Played about 3 or 4 tower matches, cant wait for new areas, warehouse area shouldnt even count, they should just leave it up there for practice. The 1 match in underpass was a lot better, until my wife and I got into a big fight. Oh well, live and learn.

Splatfest is all turf war, correct? That will be a much needed relaxing time. Can we still play w/ friends?

Splatfests are with random people, I suppose it is because it first matches you up with 3 others on one team then searches for another full team so a single friend wouldn't be able to join you by theirself.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

PayMeMunna

Tower Control may just be my favorite mode! Somehow I find myself laughing and not even caring about my rank lol!

However, the amount of disconnects I'm getting is not fun. Does anyone know of a solution? This happens every other day where one day I can have a good several hour session of seamless matches but the next day, I can barely get a match in! I also notice the wifi signal on my phone is a bar lower when I disconnect. I get error code 118-0006 and one that says my SSID/wifi password or something is incorrect (even though everything is right)

When I'm having connection issues with Splatoon, I can't go on any internet-based apps or I'll definitely disconnect from a match. Then I try to play Smash online or watch Netflix/Youtube after a shoddy Splatoon sesh, I get booted from Smash and Netflix stops streaming whereas if I watched Netflix or played Smash online BEFORE playing Splatoon, I have absolutely no connection issues (I tested). I don't get on my laptop everyday but now I noticed how slow it is to load any website too!

I've already turned on DMZ settings and called my service provider+router company, but still this is occurring. I've never had terrible internet connection in my life until Splatoon! (Well--only when the internet was REALLY down lol) My router is 5 years old which I'm thinking may actually be the issue--though a bit odd my wifi suddenly had problems when I bought the game. I'm from the US btw--I know some places have notably bad internet so I thought I'd share that piece of info lol.

Anyone with similar issues or have any advice for me? It'd be super appreciated!

PayMeMunna

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878 | Nintendo Network ID: Selkaine

Joeynator3000

Well my final boss battle has uploaded, still processing, but you guys can still watch if you want.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic