Forums

Topic: Project Cars coming to WIi U in fall of 2014.

Posts 21 to 40 of 68

PrincessSugoi

Looks sweet. I used to love racing/car games but haven't played one in years. Will have to put this on my watch list along with 90's Arcade Racer.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

rbmoura85

The developers had nothing but praise for the Wii U, so i think the wii u version is pretty safe

This is, of course, not Iracing level of simulation but it seems to be a really great game, and im definetely buying for my Wii U...now, if just codemasters would release F1 2014 fo us, i would be in heaven

rbmoura85

GunstarHero234

Buying this and DriveClub on the PS4 too because of my friends and the community much more involved when it comes illegal street racing as well my car genre of JDM tuners.

Edited on by GunstarHero234

GunstarHero234

rbmoura85

GunstarHero234 wrote:

Buying this and DriveClub on the PS4 too because of my friends and the community much more involved when it comes illegal street racing as well my car genre of JDM tuners.

I dont know if i understood u correctly, but Project Cars is not about illegal street racing...its closer to professional racing

rbmoura85

GunstarHero234

rbmoura85 wrote:

GunstarHero234 wrote:

I dont know if i understood u correctly, but Project Cars is not about illegal street racing...its closer to professional racing

I knew you wasn't going to "get it" I know it's a professional racing game but me and my friends create illegal street racing for our servers with quality made tracks and what cars to use. It's like how Gran Turismo 5 with the Wangan Freeway we used that to race each other in our own tuned cars to see who was the fastest and that's why i'm buying this for PS4 and that's why i'm waiting on Forza Horizon 2 as well.

GunstarHero234

XavandSo

This is all but good news. I wholeheartedly want Project Cars to succeed on Wii U. It must. It can. I want SMS to feel that the port was warranted. I'm buying it. Everyone I know is buying it, granted for the Xbone and PS4, but nonetheless. I do feel grated that the Wii U wasn't included in the whole "as gaming enters the next generation" piece and only relegated to the last sentence.

Daily schedule:
Eat, work, make love to my beloved Pokémon LE N64, play EarthBound, repeat.

Spoony_Tech

This is my most anticipated game for the U period! I love driving sims and I'm really hoping this one turns out great. Looks isn't everything so hoping the game play brings it all together nicely! Fingers crossed for some great online features!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DinoFett

Looking forward to this, currently my PS3 is my driving sim console. Gamecube racing games are what I have the most of as far as Nintendo.

DinoFett

Pagey

I can't wait for this game but I'll be picking it up on my PlayStation 4. I am interested to see how it will work on the Wii U because with driving sims you have to be smooth with the throttle and the Wii U controllers don't have analog triggers, they're digital. The only thing I can think of is the controls will be like older Gran Turismo games where the right analog stick controls the throttle and brake and the left analog stick steers.

Still, I hope this game does good on the Wii U but I feel the superior experience will be had on the PS4 so that version is getting my money.

PSN: James_Page | NN: 1stGenCummins | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Fred Fuchs

Spoony_Tech

You know I wouldn't mind a touch screen slider for the gas and brakes. I'm sure it could be done.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Spoony_Tech wrote:

You know I wouldn't mind a touch screen slider for the gas and brakes. I'm sure it could be done.

...because that would totally fit in a realist racing simulation.

My money's on what Pagey said, to be honest.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Spoony_Tech

Yeah we'll I'm sure they will do the analog stick as the both the accelerator and break but just give us options is all I'm saying. Although I think it would be hard to use the screen as both and steer at the same time. If the game is good enough I would buy a new controller if they made one for it!

MERG said:

jariw

Pagey wrote:

I am interested to see how it will work on the Wii U because with driving sims you have to be smooth with the throttle and the Wii U controllers don't have analog triggers, they're digital. The only thing I can think of is the controls will be like older Gran Turismo games where the right analog stick controls the throttle and brake and the left analog stick steers.

I think it has already been confirmed that the GamePad can be used as the steering wheel using the gyroscope feature. Don't know how the throttle/break will work with that kind of control though.

jariw

Nintenjoe64

jariw wrote:

Pagey wrote:

I am interested to see how it will work on the Wii U because with driving sims you have to be smooth with the throttle and the Wii U controllers don't have analog triggers, they're digital. The only thing I can think of is the controls will be like older Gran Turismo games where the right analog stick controls the throttle and brake and the left analog stick steers.

I think it has already been confirmed that the GamePad can be used as the steering wheel using the gyroscope feature. Don't know how the throttle/break will work with that kind of control though.

I've been worried about this since the game was announced for Wii U. We need to keep telling them to support the "Wii Classic Controller" on twitter because it has analog shoulder buttons. I would also like the gamepad and balance board to be used as wheel and pedals.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

Spoony_Tech

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/1/post/2014/04/which-platform-...

Here's a link from the Devs website with the topic as a poll for which system are you getting the game for. So far surprisingly the Wii u is out in front just barely holding Steam off. I'm surprised there is that big of a interest from Nintendo fans or at the very least U owners! Will that turn out for sales, we shall see I guess!

MERG said:

RancidVomit86

Spoony_Tech wrote:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/1/post/2014/04/which-platform-...

Here's a link from the Devs website with the topic as a poll for which system are you getting the game for. So far surprisingly the Wii u is out in front just barely holding Steam off. I'm surprised there is that big of a interest from Nintendo fans or at the very least U owners! Will that turn out for sales, we shall see I guess!

Kinda makes sense. Wii U owners probably won't see many racers on the system so have to be excited for the ones that do come.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

dwuuuu

This game plus mario kart plus f-zero - pure racing heaven right there !!!

dwuuuu

3DS Friend Code: 0920-1098-8712 | Nintendo Network ID: dwuuuu

kkslider5552000

GoneFishin wrote:

Slightly Mad Studio's previous work didn't translate to gamepads very well when I demoed each on the 360 (A system with analog triggers, I might add).

Is this statement supposed to make sense? Why did it not translate to gamepads when we are suddenly talking about 360, which isn't the console with the gamepad?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Spoony_Tech

@GoneFishin I think is more or less referring to the fact that the Wii U is the only console with a gamepad. What you're talking about is a controller.

MERG said:

RancidVomit86

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@GoneFishin I think is more or less referring to the fact that the Wii U is the only console with a gamepad. What you're talking about is a controller.

Controllers are gamepads. Just because Nintendo called the Wii U controller the gamepad doesn't mean they rewrote history on what the word means.

Edit: just to back up my point and @GoneFishin
http://m.dictionary.com/definition/gamepad

Edited on by RancidVomit86

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.