Forums

Topic: Project Cars coming to WIi U in fall of 2014.

Posts 41 to 60 of 68

Spoony_Tech

Hey I know that but I'm just guessing here what KK was saying is all. Maybe I should just stay out of it lol!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

mipaol

So it looks like I might be wanting this for my birthday instead of Giftmas, works for me!

Also everytime i've heard someone talk about the interface for a game console it has been called a controller eg NES controller, Sega Genesis controller, Xbox controller, Playstation controller, etc. Maybe it's one of those sub/hero sandwich sort of things but the only interfaces I have heard consistently called gamepads are the interfaces for the Wii U, Atari Jaguar, and Sega Dreamcast, which leads me conclude a "gamepad" is defined by it's size relative to other interfaces.

Also I think another reason the Wii U gamepad is regularly referred to as such is to differentiate it from the pro "controller".

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

Pagey

GoneFishin wrote:

Slightly Mad Studio's previous work didn't translate to gamepads very well when I demoed each on the 360 (A system with analog triggers, I might add). So I'll likely wait until I purchase a PS4 someday and use it with the same Fanatec wheel I played their PS3 efforts with (Still less than perfect but a definite improvement) and hopefully enjoy a superior visual presentation at the same time.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Shift series from last generation. From what I understand the game controlled like that because of EA. Supposedly EA didn't allow SMS to make the game a total simulation like they originally planned (in order to reach a larger audience) and in a rush to complete it we had the control and input issues that arose. While I'm not 100% sure if that is true (although I seem to recall Ian Bell mention it on the WMD website) I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that this game will be a completely different animal.

PSN: James_Page | NN: 1stGenCummins | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Fred Fuchs

CanisWolfred

I haven't heard anyone use the term Gamepad in years until Nintendo started using it. And using it to describe a game that's on the Wii U means that you're being confusing. Please stop being confusing. Controller is more than sufficient for those sentences.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

micronean

GoneFishin wrote:

Sorry, but controller is a far more generic term and using it instead would've accomplished the exact opposite of what you're claiming it would've. There's nothing confusing about this statement.

GoneFishin wrote:

Slightly Mad Studio's previous work didn't translate to gamepads very well when I demoed each on the 360 (A system with analog triggers, I might add).

Gamepad is a far more specific term to describe this general style of game controller and is beyond a shadow of a doubt in widespread usage to refer to this class of controller that these days typically features dual analog sticks, a d-pad, four face buttons, and dual triggers and shoulder buttons as millions of internet hits will attest to.

Gamepad does not equate to the Wii U's bundled in gamepad with the touch screen. You can go to any gaming forum on the internet and use this word and everyone knows exactly what it means. Even the other manufacturers use it as one of the top hits in Google for "Xbox 360 gamepad" clearly demonstrates.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/accessories/thirdparty/game...

"gamepad" and "controller" are interchangeable words, but after the Wii U came out, "gamepad" is slowly being associated with the Wii U's default input device. That said, for being in a Nintendo-oriented forum, "Gamepad" should be understood by all as the Wii U's input device and nothing else.

micronean

sinalefa

Spoony_Tech wrote:

You know I wouldn't mind a touch screen slider for the gas and brakes. I'm sure it could be done.

I thought about this too, Steel Diver style. I don't mind the lack of "realism" of that setup. It is not like you use a controller to steer real life cars anyway.

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

kyuubikid213

Basically, all controllers are gamepads, but the Wii U has the only GamePad.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Spoony_Tech

Did we get a date on this yet? Any new videos from E3?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Sweet, thanks Canis! I do really wish we could get a Wii U trailer though. I'll take the fact though that it hasn't been canceled.

MERG said:

shingi_70

I have to wonder how this game will do on consoles. I think this game has the chance to really clean up on Wii U and to a lesser extent PS4.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

rockodoodle

shingi_70 wrote:

I have to wonder how this game will do on consoles. I think this game has the chance to really clean up on Wii U and to a lesser extent PS4.

I'm looking forward to this one.... I'd think it will do well if for no other reason, there aren't many other third party titles to compete with.

rockodoodle

Jazzer94

shingi_70 wrote:

Even with Driveclub coming out around the same time I can see it doing very well on PS4.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Taceus

shingi_70 wrote:

I'll be playing my part for the Wii U.

Does anyone know if this is being built from the ground up for Wii U or being ported? If it's ported I hope they follow Criterion's example.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Spoony_Tech

I actually think its ground up. I believe they stated graphic wise it's somewhere between last gen ps360 and current gen.

MERG said:

shingi_70

Heh driveclub is going to be a pretty meh game. I think the game will have trouble on the Xbox One though. Apparently half of all Xbox One owners have Forza Motorsport 5 which is pretty well made sim. Between that and Horizon 2 coming this year I could see Project Cars falling by the wayside.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Taceus

@Spoony_Tech Thanks for that

Hoping to play this by x-mas. You can do it SMS.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.