Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,519

Everly

ShadJV wrote:

I never played the series but am loving the demo. Question: does the circle pad pro control the camera? The camera was my only frustration but if it does I'll just pick up the accessory.

The demo doesn't support CPP, but from what I have read on the Capcom Unity forum the full game will. Why they didn't have the demo support it is beyond me, but I also don't understand why they still have the NA and EU servers separated for the online play.

When you stop playing is when you start getting old

Everly

Tech101 wrote:

Yes. That's what its primarily for. Not even sure if the additional shoulder buttons do anything.

Whoa Tech...are you telling me that the CPP worked for you in the demo?

ShadJV

Tech101 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

I never played the series but am loving the demo. Question: does the circle pad pro control the camera? The camera was my only frustration but if it does I'll just pick up the accessory.

Yes. That's what its primarily for. Not even sure if the additional shoulder buttons do anything.

Okay well I'm convinced, I'll just get both versions off Amazon and see you guys online. I'm officially a new fan.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Tasuki

Tech101 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Booya!!! Just killed the Arctic bear rabbit thing whatever its called, though I did it on the 3DS demo. I used the dual swords and died a few times but I let out a loud YES!!! when he went down, lol. I have to say though I hope they make it compatible with the cpp cause using the cross pad or even the touch screen on the 3DS to move the camera is just awkward.

Just a quick question do the monsters have a health bar or something how do you know how close to death they are?

Oh and just gotta say I am going to enjoy this game.

You know you can push the L button to change the camera to which ever way your character is facing. I use it more then the control pad screen option to center the camera.

AH ok thanks for the tip I will have to try it out later tonight after a few rounds of MK7. Yep and I can say I am officially a fan now too.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Everly

@ ShadJV and Tasuki - I highly recommend checking out the Capcom Unity forum. It is a really helpful community and I learned a ton and found really great players to hunt with in the online quests when I was new to the series for the release of Tri.

SCRAPPER392

So, I can use the 3DS version of the game to play local? I don't plan on switching back and forth between the versions for on the go play, so the only benefit I would have from both versions is local multiplayer with the same file.

EDIT: I will use on the go play, but only if I can play local using the same file. Does that make sense? Like playing as a guest in online games. I want to be able to play local multiplayer, but not have a seperate save on the 3DS. Does a different game file need to be on both versions?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Spoony_Tech

Everly wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

No the cpp isn't even released in the states yet. It supposed to be launched with the game in Europe but I'm not sure it was announced for NA yet. It controls the camera just like the other version released for the regular 3ds.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ShadJV

SCAR392 wrote:

So, I can use the 3DS version of the game to play local? I don't plan on switching back and forth between the versions for on the go play, so the only benefit I would have from both versions is local multiplayer with the same file.

EDIT: I will use on the go play, but only if I can play local using the same file. Does that make sense? Like playing as a guest in online games. I want to be able to play local multiplayer, but not have a seperate save on the 3DS. Does a different game file need to be on both versions?

From my understanding, you can transfer your save file back and forth.

Peace!

ShadJV

Tech101 wrote:

Everly wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

No the cpp isn't even released in the states yet. It supposed to be launched with the game in Europe but I'm not sure it was announced for NA yet. It controls the camera just like the other version released for the regular 3ds.

Wait, the CPP for the original 3DS is out in the US, correct? My 3DS is not the XL.

Peace!

SCRAPPER392

ShadJV wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I know, but can I use the same file for local multiplayer? I don't want to have 2 seperate files, but still be able to do local with the same file.

Qwest

ShadJV

SCAR392 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I know, but can I use the same file for local multiplayer? I don't want to have 2 seperate files, but still be able to do local with the same file.

I see no reason why you couldn't.

Peace!

SCRAPPER392

Ok. Cool. Thanks ShadVJ.
That's why I didn't like Vitas crossplay very much I think.
Like playing 4 Swords Adventures on GCN with GBA. I don't want to have 2 seperate files just to get multiplayer going. I'd rather have 1 file, be able to transfer for on the go, but use the same file for multiplayer during local.

Qwest

Jellitoe

Yup, the triggers do nothing in this game on the Wii U
Tested the 3ds version over lunch to see how it felt compared to the wii u version, its is good as good, just smaller
oh, for those not wanting to buy the circle pad pro, or who simply can't use one, (in my case I have a extended battery that protrudes from the system) the touchpad d-pad works great. And the dual swords wep is freaking awesome.
I have decided that I will buy both versions now.

Jellitoe

Twitter:

Everly

ShadJV wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I see no reason why you couldn't.

Yes, that was one of the selling points Capcom highlighted. You can make a character and play on the Wii U, then transfer it to the 3DS and play, and then transfer back to the Wii U when you get home. All the while you are building on your supplies, weapons, and armors. I don't have a 3DS so it isn't a big deal to me, but for those that have both I could see it being nice. Although you would have to have the game for both in order to do that.

Spoony_Tech

ShadJV wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Everly wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Wait, the CPP for the original 3DS is out in the US, correct? My 3DS is not the XL.

Yeah sorry. The xl version is not out yet.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

I guess I will get both versions then.

Qwest

6ch6ris6

Jellitoe wrote:

Tested the 3ds version over lunch to see how it felt compared to the wii u version, its is good as good, just smaller
oh, for those not wanting to buy the circle pad pro, or who simply can't use one, (in my case I have a extended battery that protrudes from the system) the touchpad d-pad works great. And the dual swords wep is freaking awesome.

how do you properly attack with the dual swords??
i would love to use them but they seem kinda lame from a gameplayperspective. is there any other way to attacck except pressing X all the time? what does that demonmode do? i can not see any difference

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Spoony_Tech

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Jellitoe wrote:

i would love to use them but they seem kinda lame from a gameplayperspective. is there any other way to attacck except pressing X all the time? what does that demonmode do? i can not see any difference

I believe it just uses your stamina to increase your attack power. That's why you want to eat some meat to increase your overall stamina to get the most out of it. As for different attacks I guess we will have to wait for the game and see the moves list.

MERG said:

Jellitoe

6ch6ris6 wrote:

Jellitoe wrote:

Pressing R uses charges the weapon and pressing both X+A uses the weapon power hit.

Jellitoe

Twitter:

DeleteDis

I have a question. I think I remember seeing somewhere that if you buy both versions of the game you get so many % off. Is this true, and if so where would I go about getting this?

Thanks!

DeleteDis

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.