Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Posts 1,501 to 1,514 of 1,514

crimsontadpoles

(Reviving game specific zombie threads is ok, I think?)

Anyway, I just wanted to brag at defeating the 2 Black Diablos G rank mission. There was only just under 5 minutes remaining, and I'd been carted twice. It's the first G rank mission I've completed since transferring my save over from the 3DS version so I could enjoy it in glorious HD.

I'm still making slow progress in this game and want to hunt all the large monsters, even though Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate gets most of my attention now.

Yveltal is much cuddlier once you get to know it.

My Anime List
The human whose name is written in this note shall die

Currently enjoying my journey through Alola
My Wii U and 3DS username is Crimson

Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Joeynator3000

crimsontadpoles wrote:

(Reviving game specific zombie threads is ok, I think?)

I think if you revived this just to say something stupid, then...yeah, not ok. But this game's online is still up and running as far as I know....And you didn't bump it with a stupid spam post, so I say you're ok. xD

insert reason for avi change here
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
TUMBLR!!!
Lzeon's name is here because he's a big meanie poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

retropunky

So...

I decided to catch up on this game last night, and I forgot how much fun it was. Especially on the big screen. Does anyone here still play it at all? I have MH4, but it's just not the same for me.

The online community was very minimum though. It had two worlds, and two lobbies that were in the 60-80 range of players. I created a room for leveling up, and it went very well. At least two or three high rank players were very helpful, and another low rank joined in. Overall, the online part went better than I expected.

I'm going to try and catch up as much as possible, at least until I decide to get Generations.

retropunky

Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness

Portal_King

I've never played a Monster Hunter game in my life, but I tried out the demo for this game, and I simply couldn't get my head around it. There seemed to be too much to learn about in such a short space of time and I felt thrown into the deep end. Could anyone explain the appeal of the game and why I should give it another shot?

Toys-to-life is life.

Nintendo Network ID: Portal_King

Portal_King

@Meowpheel I got that bit, but it seemed as though there was a deeper kind of understanding to the game. Are there combos and how do they work? How do I know if my weapon is effective against the monster I'm fighting. I expected the demo to give some kind of tutorial to answer these questions, but instead it was more of a 'here's a weapon, there's a monster, go fight it'.

Toys-to-life is life.

Joeynator3000

That's basically what Monster Hunter is about, "figure it out yourself".

insert reason for avi change here
YES I MAKE STUPID MISTAKES CONSTANTLY, LEAVE ME ALONE!!!
ZOMG YOUTUBE!!!
TUMBLR!!!
Lzeon's name is here because he's a big meanie poopy head, and Megumi is smexy.

Twitter:

crimsontadpoles

@Portal_King The demos for the 3DS games Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Monster Hunter Generations explain things a little better than the Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate demo, so you may want to try those out. I was actually put off by the 3U demo, and I only got into this game after buying it when it was on sale.

This game is essentially full of long boss battles against a wide variety of monsters. If that sounds fun, then give a demo another try. The game can be overwhelming at first to new players, so don't be afraid to search online for something you're not sure about.

Yveltal is much cuddlier once you get to know it.

My Anime List
The human whose name is written in this note shall die

Currently enjoying my journey through Alola
My Wii U and 3DS username is Crimson

Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Portal_King

@crimsontadpoles Thanks! I'll download those two demos right away and give them a whirl. It certainly sounds like fun and I'd like to give the franchise another shot.

Toys-to-life is life.

retropunky

@Portal_King
I think the online play is also part of the fun. It's still alive, even with the new games out. The community is small, but I've encountered new and High Rank players that are willing to help out.

The demos won't do justice in my opinion. There's much more than fighting creatures.

retropunky

Nintendo Network ID: PK_Ness

Darknyht

@Portal_King The Wii U Monster Hunter Demo did nothing to make the game appealing, and like you I picked up the game because it was dirt cheap. If you will give it a fair go, the hardest part if figuring out which weapon you prefer (I ended up with Sword and Shield because it fit my style of preferring agility and quick items). There are a lot of good guides out there that help ease you into the many systems at play, and even gives you some guidance on how to properly prepare.

The game however has now sucked me in for over 120 hours of play (in single player mode).

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic