Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,519

Spoony_Tech

PSOneSON wrote:

I have a question. I think I remember seeing somewhere that if you buy both versions of the game you get so many % off. Is this true, and if so where would I go about getting this?

Thanks!

Check amazon. Last I heard they are doing a deal.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

DeleteDis

Tech101 wrote:

PSOneSON wrote:

I have a question. I think I remember seeing somewhere that if you buy both versions of the game you get so many % off. Is this true, and if so where would I go about getting this?

Thanks!

Thanks I'll check, and I greatly appreciate it!

DeleteDis

MERG

[/quote]

If only this was a digital deal...I would MUCH rather have these as digital titles.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

ShadJV

PSOneSON wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

PSOneSON wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks I'll check, and I greatly appreciate it!

Yes, I can confirm that, buy both and get $20 off (pretty much the 3DS title for half price). It's well worth it if you plan on both, and this is one of the few games where I see purchasing both worth considering.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

6ch6ris6

OMFG

has anybody of you tried the hunting-horn??
so funny! it is almost like the hammer except no charging attack, but you make musicmotes with every attack and when you have enough musicnots you can press R to perform them and get a specific boost depending on what notes you played. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

SCRAPPER392

MERG wrote:

If only this was a digital deal...I would MUCH rather have these as digital titles.

[/quote]I know, same here. I'm buying the Wii U and 3DS digital verson regardless of what deals they have for physical copies. We might even get a deal, too. Who knows.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Spoony_Tech

6ch6ris6 wrote:

OMFG

has anybody of you tried the hunting-horn??
so funny! it is almost like the hammer except no charging attack, but you make musicmotes with every attack and when you have enough musicnots you can press R to perform them and get a specific boost depending on what notes you played. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!

Yeah it was the last weapon I used. I loved it!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

played the demo like 4 times now. beat that bunnything like 10times and that fishdragon once.

totally hooked again to monster hunter ! but no money to buy the game. stupid demo...

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

DeleteDis

This was my first time playing Monster Hunter. After playing the demo a gazillion times, I'm hooked. I've decided I'll just get the 3DS version. This game works better as a portable in my opinion. I just love being able to take it anywhere. I know the 3DS version doesn't have multi-player or something, but I can live with that. After trying out all of the weapons I'm most fond of the switch axe.

Man now I really hope we get Monster Hunter 4 in the states, and not 20 years after its been released in Japan.

DeleteDis

Darkflame411

Every time I play a new monster hunter game I use a weapon type I never mained in before and this time I'm going hunting horn, also I noticed it plays totally differently from it's MH:FU version which is kinda cool no more recital mode so it's way better for combat!

Darkflame411

SCRAPPER392

PSOneSON wrote:

This was my first time playing Monster Hunter. After playing the demo a gazillion times, I'm hooked. I've decided I'll just get the 3DS version. This game works better as a portable in my opinion. I just love being able to take it anywhere. I know the 3DS version doesn't have multi-player or something, but I can live with that. After trying out all of the weapons I'm most fond of the switch axe.

Man now I really hope we get Monster Hunter 4 in the states, and not 20 years after its been released in Japan.

You might still get online for 3DS, too. They're releasing a 3DS compatible LAN in Japan to get the non-online MH3G online. That accessory could make more content possible using that over solely the 3DS' online processing. It's not guaranteed they'll bring it here, but it's still possible. Just like CPP XL not being released. I wanted that ever since I got my 3DS XL on launch, and it's coming outside of Japan to Europe when Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate comes out.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

I have a question. How do I keep my blade from losing strength and such while I'm fighting?

Qwest

Darkflame411

well there's no way to stop it losing strength but you are given whetstones to resharpen your sword when it does dull, I suggest leaving the area to sharpen since it leaves you wide open for a short while but it's key to keeping your damage up.

Darkflame411

Arminillo

Whetstone

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

Spoony_Tech

SCAR392 wrote:

I have a question. How do I keep my blade from losing strength and such while I'm fighting?

Just to add to what everyone just said. When your sword or weapon bounces off the monster that means its a part of the monster your weapon can't penetrate! Thus your weapon will dull a lot faster the more you hit those areas!

MERG said:

Jani-Koblaney

Well, after playing the Wii U and 3DS demos of this game for a while, I honestly cannot see why everyone loves this series so much. When you are fighting the monsters it just seems so repetitive and it annoys me that this isn't a true free-roaming game. Instead you just go from area to area.. I guess that I will save some money and just skip this game.

Never Gonna Give Mew Up!

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852 | Nintendo Network ID: NJanders

SCRAPPER392

Thanks guys. I don't know anything about Monster Hunter. I'm used to just being able to pick up a game and immediately understand most of the time.

Qwest

Joeynator3000

Tech101 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Just to add to what everyone just said. When your sword or weapon bounces off the monster that means its a part of the monster your weapon can't penetrate! Thus your weapon will dull a lot faster the more you hit those areas!

Sorta, your sharpness will decrease regardless...the bouncing off means your weapon isn't sharp enough and will decrease faster when it bounces. (however having a sharpness level of white or purple will make bouncing rare, until you get to the endgame monsters anyways)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.