Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 161 to 180 of 1,519

BenAV

I'd be surprised if Smash Bros. uses the CPP.
Unless there's something I'm overlooking, I don't see why it'd need it at all.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

It won't require it, but I could see it being used. I haven't ever seen one, but it adds 2 more buttons(ZL,ZR, and maybe one by the second circle pad).

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Lan

So I tried out the bow on the 3DS, that thing's amazing. I didn't kill Lagombi but it was fun nonetheless! Anyone know what all the coatings are supposed to do? Basically add effects?

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Booya!!! Just killed the Arctic bear rabbit thing whatever its called, though I did it on the 3DS demo. I used the dual swords and died a few times but I let out a loud YES!!! when he went down, lol. I have to say though I hope they make it compatible with the cpp cause using the cross pad or even the touch screen on the 3DS to move the camera is just awkward.

Just a quick question do the monsters have a health bar or something how do you know how close to death they are?

Oh and just gotta say I am going to enjoy this game.

You know you can push the L button to change the camera to which ever way your character is facing. I use it more then the control pad screen option to center the camera.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BenAV

Tech101 wrote:

You know you can push the L button to change the camera to which ever way your character is facing. I use it more then the control pad screen option to center the camera.

Definitely a handy feature and while playing the 3DS demo I used it most of the time to centre the camera.
The only time where I actually used the Dpad was when fighting underwater, which was terribly awkward.
On the Wii U I barely centred the camera with the L button at all because it's so much easier with the two analogue sticks.

If the CPP XL wasn't coming out with the game, then I would have played it on my original 3DS with the CPP as opposed to my XL without it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Aviator

Lan wrote:

Anyone know what all the coatings are supposed to do? Basically add effects?

Coating work on throwing knives and shots.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Late

Tried both demos but wasn't really amazed. These games may just not be for me. I have Monster Hunter Tri for Wii, got it with CCP when it was for half the price but I haven't played that much. It starts so slowly that I'm never in the mood to do the quests at the beginning. I admit that it is fun to play Arena mode with a friend but that's the most fun I've had with the game. I also don't care about online play. I can't get hang of it and I'm too lazy to even try to get hang of things. I will try Wii U demo again later but I guess it won't do any difference. I'll keep on hunting pocket monsters instead.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Chrono_Cross

Late wrote:

Tried both demos but wasn't really amazed. These games may just not be for me. I have Monster Hunter Tri for Wii, got it with CCP when it was for half the price but I haven't played that much. It starts so slowly that I'm never in the mood to do the quests at the beginning. I admit that it is fun to play Arena mode with a friend but that's the most fun I've had with the game. I also don't care about online play. I can't get hang of it and I'm too lazy to even try to get hang of things. I will try Wii U demo again later but I guess it won't do any difference. I'll keep on hunting pocket monsters instead.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the point of this post.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Late

There is none.
Just wanted to say something.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Aviator

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Late wrote:

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out the point of this post.

I think he's trying to say he didn't like the game because he couldn't be bothered to put the effort into playing it.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

pikku

Nothing wrong with that, if it'ss not for you it's not for you, simple as that. For what it's worth, I feel the same way about the Monster Hunter series, Late. (at least MHTri)

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

luisesteban

I'd hate this ****** rabbit.

The game is great, both versions.

The 3ds version has a very strong 3d deep level.

luisesteban

Jellitoe

Tried the WiiU version last night and loved it (of course I love tri on the wii ) at lunch I will try the 3ds demo see if I like it without the second analog. Don't know how that will feel though

Jellitoe

Twitter:

Darkflame411

I'm really eager to try out all of the returning weapons to see how they've changed since MH:FU I still havn't played the WiiU version though.Also it's nice to see people are likin' it.

Darkflame411

Jellitoe

The 3DS version is not that bad, I think I can get you to the touch pad thing. But maybe a 3ds lx would be in order, things seem a bit small on the regular 3ds. the digital controller on the touch pad was ok.

Jellitoe

Twitter:

RotYN7

Total MH Noob checking in! played the Demo last night on my WiiU freaking loved it. looks like i'm gonna get that Afterglow wiiU headset after all! cant wait to hunt with you all!

RotYN7

Spoony_Tech

Jellitoe wrote:

The 3DS version is not that bad, I think I can get you to the touch pad thing. But maybe a 3ds lx would be in order, things seem a bit small on the regular 3ds. the digital controller on the touch pad was ok.

Trust me use lock on with the L button. It's so much easier. I never use the digital or touch pad any more to focus on the monsters.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Everly

I had such a problem working the camera when I got the demo for Tri several years ago. All of the veteran players say that you get used to working it and sure enough they are right. I didn't use the lock on feature of the camera at all and completed both quests with the switch axe. I'm working through the first quest with some of the other weapons that I don't use as much. I do like the Dual Blades.

When you stop playing is when you start getting old

ShadJV

I never played the series but am loving the demo. Question: does the circle pad pro control the camera? The camera was my only frustration but if it does I'll just pick up the accessory.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Spoony_Tech

ShadJV wrote:

I never played the series but am loving the demo. Question: does the circle pad pro control the camera? The camera was my only frustration but if it does I'll just pick up the accessory.

Yes. That's what its primarily for. Not even sure if the additional shoulder buttons do anything.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.