Forums

Topic: Hyrule Warriors VS. The Wonderful 101

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

SuperMikey

Everybody's all excited for the new Hyrule Warriors to come out but I can't say I feel the same way... I've heard the main series is very repetitive which means that it'll lose its value for me very quickly... I thought The Wonderful 101 was COMPLETELY AMAZING!! ...until I beat it... After that first playthrough, even on harder difficulties, it was very repetitive for me which is why I haven't played that game too much as of recent. I bought that game on day one only to find it about half price not too far into the future... Is Hyrule Warriors REALLY a deeper experience, or is it just another beat 'em up but with Zelda slapped onto it? Am I missing something here, is Hyrule Warriors really THAT GOOD and better than The Wonderful 101, or is this a game I'm better off renting some day?

Links to my dating profiles:
http://www.gamerdater.com/index.php?page=gamerProfile&profile=811989
http://gamingpassions.com/dating/supamaikeru64/profile/

At any rate, have a good one! :D

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8352-3772 | Nintendo Network ID: WhiteBlaze

Jazzer94

I'm sorry what now is this a versus or do you just want to know what Hyrule Warriors will be like? If it is the later I'll give you a hint it will play like any other Warriors game and if it looks repetitive and not interesting to you I suggest not buying it.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

arnoldlayne83

Different games and different gameplay... Little sense into compare them...

HW will be a dynasty warriors game reskinned into zelda world... If u don t like dw gameplay, you won t like HW too... As long u don t have a zelda fetishism...

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

19Robb92

Hyrule Warriors will be lot more repetitive than TW101.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Azooooz

I see no reason to compare between two totally different games.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Cia

I wouldn't say it's repetitive. It's simply in a beat 'em up genre. In OP:s logic, we could say that all the beat'em up games are repetitive? And even if it's true in some extent, there are a lot of people liking beat'em up games. Also, the comparison is kind of weird since these two games are not even remotely similar.

Edited on by Cia

Cia

sinalefa

Hard to judge a game that has only been released in Japan, but I know that if you found W101 repetitive, then anything will be. Give the combat system a chance and you will know how deep it can be. Saur's W101 videos on Youtube are a good way to start.

Edited on by sinalefa

I will comment in this thread, never being able to find it again.

Nintenjoe64

I think we'll have to wait and see. Hyrule Warriors will be a DW with Zelda skins which might be enough to get hate from some reviewers. W101 had amazing production values and loads of set pieces for a Nintendo game. I can't see HW being quite as expensive looking and sounding.

I have a feeling that Hyrule Warriors will fare better with western reviewers than most other Dynasty Warriors games but will still be deemed a bit mindless. This is mainly because I have almost no faith in reviewers these days. I think they're all scared to 'have the wrong opinion' so they copy each other. All it takes is for one pretentious reviewer to say a game is shallow and repetitive and everyone else does. IGN will review this with Zelda tinted glasses even if it plays exactly like a DW game they hated. I'm guessing 8.0-8.5/10 scores. I am quite happy to pre-order for £30

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

kkslider5552000

Repetition for a beat-em-up or hack-n-slash is a meaningless critique that says nothing.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Hy8ogen

Lamborghini Mach VRT Vs La Ferrari. Come on really?

Edited on by Hy8ogen

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

CaviarMeths

Hyrule Warriors is repetitive in the way that Mario Kart is repetitive. Doing the same things over and over is really the whole point.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.