Forums

Topic: Do gamers underestimate the impact of a quickly replaced console that hasnt fully satisfied customers?

Posts 101 to 120 of 146

rockodoodle

I am generally pleased with the Wii U and Nintendo... but I would like a surprise or two before the NX launches. I think we get another mk8 dlc. Guessing this is going to be it. If that is the case, i'd be fine with it. If not, I will be a little upset with how the wii u ended.

rockodoodle

WiiWareWave

@DJaa Agreed, I've also come to the conclusion that most people who are members of this website are super wealthy since most of them don't get why people like us who don't have an endless supply of cash would be upset, though surprisingly most of the people in this thread do.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

DJaa

The NX is supposedly a handheld(hybrid) so that kind of changes everything.

DJaa

DJaa

What would make the NX perfect is if it functioned like an updated gamepad controller for the wii u and that the wii u would still be supported alongside thr NX with multiplats that can function on the wii u. IE the smaller games.

I mean kind of a random thought thats not gonna happen. Just sayin i guess

DJaa

Octane

@Rukiafan7 Ōkami HD Collection? Did you just make that up..?

Octane

LzWinky

DJaa wrote:

What would make the NX perfect is if it functioned like an updated gamepad controller for the wii u and that the wii u would still be supported alongside thr NX with multiplats that can function on the wii u. IE the smaller games.

I mean kind of a random thought thats not gonna happen. Just sayin i guess

uh, i don't think that's even possible...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Seacliff

Since when was four and a half years for a console lifespan considered 'Very Short'? It's JUST below average.
Especially since the only Nintendo consoles to surpass five years are the ones that sell over 100M.

Nintendo gave a lot of pushes for the Wii U With a lot more 'riskier' titles like Splatoon, Mario Maker, Hyrule Warriors, and Pokken. Yet the console struggled to surpass the Dreamcast sales (with twice as much time) and sales are definitely going to settle well before it hits the gamecube's level.

It's a failure. I want Nintendo to do well, and to do that they need to start a new console again from the ground up. It hurts me too, but it's marketing. If Nintendo does with the Gamecube what you want them to do with the Wii U... they wouldn't be nearly as wealthy.

Seacliff

Kogorn733

I have a strong feeling that the Wii U may interact with the NX in some way. Early concepts for the idea behind the device showed a picture of several devices (smartphones, 3ds, and Wii u) with an arrow pointing to the NX, as if the NX is not only going to be a console, but some sort of centralized interface for running games off other nintendo consoles and smart devices as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Edited on by Kogorn733

Kogorn733

Octane

@Seacliff More like 3.5 sparse years and a year of nothingness

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Seacliff You can't really count the time after Color Splash, the intention was clearly to release NX in like November/December 2016 but something delayed it. So 4 years.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

skywake

Kogorn733 wrote:

I have a strong feeling that the Wii U may interact with the NX in some way. Early concepts for the idea behind the device showed a picture of several devices (smartphones, 3ds, and Wii u) with an arrow pointing to the NX, as if the NX is not only going to be a console, but some sort of centralized interface for running games off other nintendo consoles and smart devices as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Which image.... This one from 2014? Back when they showed how NNIDs would work
Untitled

Or the one from when they announced the NX itself
Untitled

Because the only thing that's in the centre of these images is your NNID and Nintendo Account. Which will enable a smoother transition between devices and generations of devices. As opposed to how it currently works with Nintendo products. Where there's no communication between platforms and no smooth transition

Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Dezzy

I'm pretty satisfied with my Wii U.

But if I weren't, I wouldn't think it's worth pushing a position that's against Nintendo's financial interests.
Asking a company to destroy itself because you feel entitled to something is not ultimately a very helpful mindset.

Just wait a few years before buying the NX like I'm going to. The price Nintendo pays for ending the Wii U early is that I ended up buying a PS4 and will be mostly using that instead.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

GrailUK

@Dezzy Are you going to upgrade to the Neo (for hardcore gamers)?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Dezzy

@GrailUK

Maybe a few years down the line. Never worth buying a console on launch really. Higher price and not much that makes good use of it at that point.

Also still not apparent as to whether they'll enforce any kind of parity between the 2. Nor is it apparent what most devs will use the higher specs for.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

blaisedinsd

I am certainly NOT excited for the NX.

The only reason to replace the Wii U is to attempt to bring in the non-nintendo fans that have stayed away. Nintendo fans have bought the Wii U, there just isn't as many Nintendo fans as there used to be. I even believe the Wii U brought back some fans who felt alienated by the wii blue ocean strategy and gimmic waggle. The Wii U is powerful enough to make the types of games Nintendo makes.

I guess it does make plenty of sense that they are trying to combine home and portable markets in to one console going forward but I feel that mobile and home games are different types of experiences as I personally have little desire to take my Wii U on the go and I rarely game on the go with my 3DS. I worry that the quality of games may diminish as I wonder if the Mario Kart 9 will be more like 7 or more like 8. I am sure 8 was a much bigger project for Nintendo. A game more like 7 would be more appealing to Nintendo because it's cheaper to make. What about the price difference between games? 3DS quallity games are now going to be charged more for and Wii U quality games will become more and more rare as they just won't be as worthwhile for Nintendo to make.

Those excited for the hybrid concept are envisioning 3DS being upgraded to Wii U quality while I think it's more likely the Wii U being watered down to 3DS quality.

If they are not going hybrid than I fail to see how replacing the Wii U while it's still technologically viable with something that is still underpowered next to the multi-platform consoles is going to help the situation at all. In my opinion they missed the boat by making Wii U too expensive and never cutting the price. Price cuts and games are what was needed, replacing the console early solves nothing.

SW-7087-5868-6390

DefHalan

YellowFighter wrote:

Nintendo will have to show that they're willing to fix all of their mistakes with the Wii U before I even consider getting this NX thing.

Looks like you won't be getting a NX, if these rumors turn out to be true lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

rk3388

I feel a bit dissapointed too with my purchase. I got mine after all the Mario Kart 8/ Smash Bros/ Bayonetta hype with NEW Zelda (didnt know about the NX version) on its way. I thought they were finally going to continually support Wii U. But right after I got it came the drought. I still love the system, but I feel like I have all the games i could want with about 15-20.

Will definitely wait to see what's on the NX's horizon before purchasing.

rk3388

skywake

@blaisedinsd
The thing is in terms of the leap in performance of the rumoured chip inside the NX? Relative to what came out before it. The jump from Wii U to NX sits somewhere between the jump from Gamecube to Wii and 360 to XBOne. It's bellow average as a performance jump but it's not the smallest leap in performance between generations ever. It's not going to blow our minds but in terms of "improved visuals" it's certainly not as bad as the transition from Gamecube to Wii.

But as a portable system? If this was an upgrade from the Vita it'd be near the top of the pack in terms of generational leaps. We're talking a 15x performance boost. But from the 3DS? It's unprecedented. It'd be like if one of the three had launched something on-par with the XBOne in 2006. So I don't share your pessimism.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DJaa

Just wanna say that my thoughts kind of changed since i´ve learned about what the NX could possibly be. I´m actually quite excited now because let´s be honest guys. Mobile phones are fun for games but they do not satisfy a gamers needs imo. Nintendo may be making the perfect device to cater to both of best worlds. We may be seeing all succesful mobile apps on this thing with added things to make it a more appealing device. I hope so at least.. But yeah, if it ends up being an attractive product that can be used next to mobile users in the public, then nintendo´s got bank on this imo. Also it being able to connect to the television would satisfy people a lot

DJaa

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.