Forums

Topic: anyone sticking with wii u for mostly next gen?

Posts 141 to 160 of 248

SCRAPPER392

@Knux
That's the thing, thouvh. Basically all gamers want at least 2 of 3 consoles. It's only that first choice that tends to "label" which company you're a "fanboy" of. That's how it is by internet standards, anyway

I have a Wii U, and Xbox One would be my next console choice, no doubt. For me, it's just a matter of making one purchase worthwhile before I inevitably get my hands on another console. It's the same as last gen. Everyone I knew(including myself) ended up getting at least one other console besides our "main", during last gen. It's just the way things go, if you like video games.

My friends and I are gamers, so we play whatever we have.

I had all the consoles last gen. I'll probably get an Xbox One halfway through the gen, but I'm going to enjoy the Wii U to it's fullest, until then.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

Sorry for the double post...

This is also why it's important that Nintendo gets 3rd party software, because if Nintendo can get 90% of the high profile 3rd party releases, there wouldn't really be any reason to own another console for the majority of gamers.

If Wii U got a majority of upcoming 3rd party games, there would be alot less incentive to buy another console unless said exclusives were worth buying another system for.

Xbox One and PS4 are only a month old, so it would make sense for Nintendo to work with 3rd parties from this point forward, instead of last year, which I would bet is probably happening.

New systems launching changes the entire outlook on the industry, because it ultimately opens up a ton of possibilities that weren't there when there was only 1 of 3 consoles out there.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

MAB

Like I have said a million times before... WiiU + 3DS + Steam Box ÷ PC = the best advanced hardcore gamer setup your dead presidents can buy

MAB

R_Champ

SCAR392 wrote:

@Knux

I have a Wii U, and Xbox One would be my next console choice, no doubt. For me, it's just a matter of making one purchase worthwhile before I inevitably get my hands on another console. It's the same as last gen. Everyone I knew(including myself) ended up getting at least one other console besides our "main", during last gen. It's just the way things go, if you like video games.

I'll probably be doing this, except I'm just as likely to upgrade my PC as get an Xbox One. Every series I loved on 360 last gen is kinda going down hill so it may be a while though.

Street Fighter: No new gen version and getting milked to death.
Fallout 3: Could easily recover but after New Vegas I'm skeptical.
Last Odyssey: I don't think Mistwalker is going back to Microsoft. Heck, I think they're sticking with Nintendo.
Battlefront 3: SHOULD'VE been on 360, but it was a no show. I'm kind of worried with EA at the helm.
Mass Effect: 1 and 2 were amazing, but 3? Let's just say day-one DLC and and ending that put the Matrix to shame doesn't make me excite for ME4.

And games like Kingdom Hearts, FF XV, and the slew of mediocre JRPGs destined for PS4 don't appeal to me much. Why buy the rest when you already have the best?...Yes, I'm a Xeno fanboy.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

TheLilK98

Knux wrote:

Not me, because I already got a Xbox One (which is a surprisingly awesome console) as an early Christmas/birthday gift. I'll probably get a PS4 sometime next year. A real gamer always buys at least two consoles (a non-Nintendo and Nintendo one) to experience at least the majority of games released. Only people who feel like buying non-Nintendo consoles is a sin will feel otherwise differently.

So apparently I'm not a "real" gamer, since I can't afford the roughly $1000 dollars buying two systems takes. You know, since I kinda have to buy my own consoles and whatnot.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@TheLiik98
Don't worry about it. @Knux just forgot that "real" gamers don't always have money and/or have different priorities.

Qwest

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

@TheLiik98
Don't worry about it. @Knux just forgot that "real" gamers don't always have money and/or have different priorities.

Also PC is a good alternative to a non-Nintendo console. I am going with Wii U, 3DS, and PC. With Xbone and PS4 being so close to PC I will probably not miss much

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

SCAR392 wrote:

@TheLiik98

real gamer is probably the dumbest term i've heard all day.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

OptometristLime

DefHalan wrote:

Also PC is a good alternative to a non-Nintendo console. I am going with Wii U, 3DS, and PC. With Xbone and PS4 being so close to PC I will probably not miss much

Same here!

Edited on by OptometristLime

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

SphericalCrusher

I'm a big all-around gamer, but Nintendo always comes first. Each generation, I have and play all consoles... and although I am planning on getting an Xbox One and PS4 later on next year, I am sticking with WiiU for now as long as I can. I cancelled my preorders of those two new consoles DUE to the amount of games coming out for the WiiU. This console has the games I want to play now and the games I want next year as well (well, this and 3DS of course ;D

Nintendo made me love gaming when I was age four and got my NES... and that has never changed.

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter:

CureDolly

I just have my 3DS. I doubt I'll have a console this generation, but if I do it will definitely be a WiiU.
I absolutely can't understand the people who say "not enough games" - where do people get the time to play more than one console's worth of games? And where do they get the money?
I have to choose carefully out of the many games I would like to play.
I sometimes wonder if the people who complain about "so few games coming to the console" REALLY do/would play so many, or whether they just like the idea of being able to.

Discover the mysteries of Japanese Pokemon Names - they're weirder than you think!

The doll likes Kawaii Culture and Japanese

SCRAPPER392

I liked Xbox 360, honestly.

I had a Wii since launch, got a PS3 slim when those came out, then got an Xbox 360 S when those came out. I enjoyed all of them. Since PS3 had free online, I used that for exclusives and multiplats, then Xbox 360 for exclusives, and obviously whatever Wii had.

Going forward, I can't see myself getting PS4. The main reason that I had a PS3, was bluray and free online. Now Xbox has bluray(IMO, a better OS and it has strong Kinect support as well), and there's no reason to be paying for more than one online subscription, IMO.

I also don't like PS' exclusives.
Killzone = CoD, Battlefield, Destiny, etc.
inFamous = Assassin's Creed, Watch_Dogs, GTA(sorta)
I just think that I can have some form Sony's IPs if I really want to, whether I have the PS4 console or not. As far as my interests go, Nintendo and Xbox are where it's at for me. I don't even care about PC, iMac, tablets, smart phones,SteamBox, or OUYA type consoles.

I can see that there's alot of devices to choose from. I just can't see myself buying anything that's not Nintendo or Microsoft, unless something absolutely hypnotizes me to the point where I'm no longer in control. That's never happened, so why would it now?

There's probably alot of people that could say the same thing about any company. It's all dependant on tastes, so it's nothing to get worked up about.

Qwest

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

I liked Xbox 360, honestly.

I had a Wii since launch, got a PS3 slim when those came out, then got an Xbox 360 S when those came out. I enjoyed all of them. Since PS3 had free online, I used that for exclusives and multiplats, then Xbox 360 for exclusives, and obviously whatever Wii had.

Going forward, I can't see myself getting PS4. The main reason that I had a PS3, was bluray and free online. Now Xbox has bluray(IMO, a better OS and it has strong Kinect support as well), and there's no reason to be paying for more than one online subscription, IMO.

I also don't like PS' exclusives.
Killzone = CoD, Battlefield, Destiny, etc.
inFamous = Assassin's Creed, Watch_Dogs, GTA(sorta)
I just think that I can have some form Sony's IPs if I really want to, whether I have the PS4 console or not. As far as my interests go, Nintendo and Xbox are where it's at for me. I don't even care about PC, iMac, tablets, smart phones,SteamBox, or OUYA type consoles.

I can see that there's alot of devices to choose from. I just can't see myself buying anything that's not Nintendo or Microsoft, unless something absolutely hypnotizes me to the point where I'm no longer in control. That's never happened, so why would it now?

There's probably alot of people that could say the same thing about any company. It's all dependant on tastes, so it's nothing to get worked up about.

I was really into Xbox for awhile but with Halo 4 (a terrible game with all other entries in the series being great games) and no backwards compatibility (even just for my arcade games) they lost me. I have now re-purchased most of my Xbox Games on Steam (thanks to all their sales) and will be supporting Wii U and 3DS as my main gaming systems, with PC filling in the gaps.

DefHalan

skywake wrote:

Fourth option for this gen is looking better by the day: http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Steam+Machine+Teardown/20473
Untitled
ooooo, shiny

Do we know pricing for those yet? I am not sure if a Steam Machine will be worth the investment for myself when I could just put that money onto PC parts instead, but I understand why Steam Machines are awesome lol

EDIT: I do want that controller lol

Edited on by DefHalan

skywake

@DefHalan
The one they have there adds up to about $1400US if you paid for all of the components. It also has a 780 in there which is a ~$550US graphics card by itself. So of course it's $1400US. By comparison the graphics card in the XBOne and PS4 retails for something closer to $200US if you were to build a PS4/XBOne equivalent.

I'm sure when they start making retail versions of these they'll have them at all of the necessary price brackets. So there'll be ones cheaper then next gen all the way up to the ridiculous beasts in a slim-mITX case. What's impressive is how small they've managed to make it even with a 780 in it. Pretty fantastic, that thing will be about the size of the PS4 despite the fact that it's orders of magnitude more capable.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

SCRAPPER392

@DefHalen
That's fine. Microsoft might get BC going eventually, but I wouldn't count on it.

Believe it or not, Wii U getting 8th gen ports of ×86 games is part of the same situation as Xbox One with BC support. I can't see Microsoft ever supporting original Xbox in BC(similarly to GCN with Wii U), but the ones that some people bought on Xbox Live would probably work.

People have apparently forgotten that Microsoft went from ×86 in the original Xbox to PowerPC in Xbox 360. tsk. tsk...
They got a majority of Xbox games running on Xbox 360, so I don't see how BC would be a problem. Hell, they don't even have ext. HDD support on either the PS4 OR the Xbox One, while the Wii U does. My point is that you can never count anything out.

I know enough about computers to come to the conclusion that I wouldn't care about SteamBox or PC. I don't see how the heck SteamBox is going to matter as long as PC is around, though, Steam OS could technically be on Wii U, even, but Nintendo OR Valve will probably never let that happen(Nintendo wants you to buy from them on their console, aka: eShop). It all just depends on your outlook about what makes a system important.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

skywake

Steam OS isn't a replacement for PC, it's a replacement for Windows. It means you don't have to give Microsoft $100 if you want to get into PC gaming. Steam Machines are just pre-built PCs that are designed to sit under your TV and play games. Which when you think about it is all that the Wii U, PS4 and XBOne are. Much more the PS4 and XBOne than Wii U though.

As for Steam OS being on Wii U. You'll sooner see Windows on the Wii U or the Playstation OS or similar things on PS4 and XBOne. Not going to happen. They're not going to let you buy their console with the intent to make money from selling games and then let you play somebody else's games.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.