Wii U Forum

Topic: anyone sticking with wii u for mostly next gen?

Showing 141 to 160 of 266

AuthorMessage

kokirii

141. Posted:

CountWavula wrote:

So aside from not being interested in either the 4 or the One, i think it would be overkill owning anymore consoles...In terms of modern gaming, here's an example of what it's like to be in my clown shoes. ;)

Wii U retail
3DS Retail
Wii U VC - (Then again, the only 'new' release is Earthbound)
3DS VC - (GameBoy & Gameboy Color that is)
WiiuWare
3DSWare

AND a backlog of Wii games
including WiiWare. :P

I'm already in over my head, anybody else feel the same way? I mean....This isn't like owning a Genesis & SNES, Owning both would be easy breezey(just retail titles!) if you were lucky enough to owned both consoles during their release.then. Now it feels like i'm lost in giant massive video game jungle.

This is definitely how I feel. When people complain about there not being enough games to play, I honestly can't comprehend it. I have a job and a family. How would I have time to play more than what's available on my Wii U and 3DS? There's only so much time for video games and I suppose I could just play fewer Wii U/3DS games so that I'd have time to play PS4 games, but I can't justify making a $400 hardware investment for the luxury of a ridiculous game selection instead of what to me is a "fine" game selection.

Es ist gefährlich, allein zu gehen. Nimm dies!

AuthorMessage

SearchNDestroy

142. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

I don't have the time for another console, yet alone the money.

SearchNDestroy

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

143. Posted:

As much as I'd like to get a PS4 within the next two or three years... I don't think I will. My interest in the PS4/XB1 is almost nonexistent. I'm still saving for university and I work full time. When I finally go to school, I won't have time or money to support my gaming hobby. I have my Wii U, my 3DS and my backlog of games for systems I already own and that'll keep me busy for a long while.

So yes, I would say the Wii U will be at the centre of my gaming universe for a long while now.

"I am a freedom fighter, the name that history wrote
And even through disaster, eye of the tiger for hope
I'm trying to find my way back, there's no day off for heroes
And even when I'm tired, "go" is the only word I know"

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

Wavetactic

144. Posted:

Funny thing is other consoles seem very tempting yet I rarely used my psp, ps3, or 360. It's like I never learn! 3ds and Wii U will keep me busy for a while but I am going with one of the other consoles once Kingdom Hearts 3 is out.

Nintendo Network ID: Wavetactic
3DS FC: 2363-5654-7330
Resident Evil: Revelations
Mario Kart
Kid Icarus: uprising
Animal Crossing
Pokemon X

AuthorMessage

sinanziric

145. Posted:

I would like to stick to Wii U all next generation, but Wii U DOES NOT HAVE games. Nintendo promised EA partnership, many 3rd party games like Metro: Last Light (canceled), Crysis 3, (canceled), and even more.

Nintendo 1st party games are great, but is it worth to OWN CONSOLE just for 1st party titles? Of course NOT!

I am very sad and I feel cheated by Nintendo when they said at E3 2011 that Wii U will be host of many 3rd party titles... they lied US!

Large groups of American Nintendo Fanboys requesting asylum in EU because they were abused by NoA

Nintendo Network ID: ziratul

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

146. Posted:

sinanziric wrote:

I would like to stick to Wii U all next generation, but Wii U DOES NOT HAVE games. Nintendo promised EA partnership, many 3rd party games like Metro: Last Light (canceled), Crysis 3, (canceled), and even more.

Nintendo 1st party games are great, but is it worth to OWN CONSOLE just for 1st party titles? Of course NOT!

I am very sad and I feel cheated by Nintendo when they said at E3 2011 that Wii U will be host of many 3rd party titles... they lied US!

I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. I was too busy playing Rayman Legends and Assassin's Creed IV back to back while waiting for another MH3U Game Grumps thing to be posted.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

147. Posted:

When it comes to 3rd party companies, Nintendo has no control over that.

If anything, Nintendo is sure the Wii U can support 3rd party games. That doesn't mean 3rd party games will support the Wii U.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

spizzamarozzi

148. Posted:

Wavetactic wrote:

Funny thing is other consoles seem very tempting yet I rarely used my psp, ps3, or 360. It's like I never learn!

I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. Other consoles seem very tempting because they virtually give you a infinite choice of products. The truth is, every videogamer counts as one, and there's only so much someone can buy and play.
I remember Yu Suzuki blaming users' expectations when it comes to choices in videogames: if a racing games gives you a choice of 10.000 cars and another just 10 cars, buyers are very likely to go with the former, even though all these 10.000 cars are minute variations of 10 main cars.
And that's pretty much what is happening in the hardware world. I see people complaining because games got cancelled or never released, even though they wouldn't buy these games in the first place.

As a single user who can only buy and play so much, WiiU has already given me more than I could buy and play for now. Yes it is tempting to get lost in an ocean of endless options, but I don't need it. Nobody does. It helps that I went through the Sega vs Nintendo console war of the 80s/90s so I am used to see other consoles getting what I couldn't get. But this way you learn to appreciate what you get even more.

bottom line yeah, I'm going to stick with WiiU - unless someone puts out Shenmue 3 out of the blue.

spizzamarozzi

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

149. Posted:

That's more or less my issue. Sure there's a lot of software out there for the PS3 and 360 and I expect if you dropped one into my lap and forced me to use it I could find games to play on it, but the fact is that the big titles all look like variations on a theme and none of it appeals, so there's no incentive for me to make the leap in the first place. I guess that could mean I'm not a "real" gamer (I like Angry Birds and Jetpack Joyride too gasp), but the idea of a shinier game in which the predominant activity is shooting things whilst suffering through a half-assed storyline is an anti-incentive. Yes I know there's RPGs and indie games, but I don't need to spend £300-500 quid on a machine to play the latter and I sure as hell won't pay that much to play one or two games a year.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

nintendork666

150. Posted:

Gamecubed wrote:

As much as I'd like to get a PS4 within the next two or three years... I don't think I will. My interest in the PS4/XB1 is almost nonexistent. I'm still saving for university and I work full time. When I finally go to school, I won't have time or money to support my gaming hobby. I have my Wii U, my 3DS and my backlog of games for systems I already own and that'll keep me busy for a long while.

So yes, I would say the Wii U will be at the centre of my gaming universe for a long while now.

Exactly this.

The PS4 is tempting, but I have a busy life, and have way too many games from previous generations to beat. I'm already a bit overwhelmed that I'm getting a Wii U this XMAS - where am I going to put this stuff? I think I will stick with Nintendo for the majority of this generation, without a doubt. My bank account will thank me later.

my collection

3DS Friend Code: 4441-9002-5275 | Nintendo Network ID: Ndork666

AuthorMessage

Mahe

151. Posted:

Yeah, I currently have no reason to get any other console. Wii U has games like Just Dance, NES Remix and Wii backwards compatibility, and upcoming games like Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. There could be more, but the other consoles aren't currently offering anything noteworthy, so Wii U wins.

Mahe

AuthorMessage

dumedum

152. Posted:

I feel the same way. It is already messed up to have games from the Wii that I'll never even play even though I own them. And to buy new Wii u releases like 3d world and tropical freeze when I have other Wii u games still unbeaten. Buying more consoles besides the 3ds will only feed an obsessive nature and will result in lots of waste. I'm HOPING I won't buy one because even though its not too much money I know it'll be just utter junk that I dont need and was too greedy.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

153. Posted:

yes it will be my main console. I don't have the time or money to have more than one main console. I have three kids that I have to think of before I can buy games.

looking forward to Super Smash Bros, Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Hyrule Warriors, Theatrhythm Curtain Call, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, PL vs AA, Persona Q, and Story of Seasons.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

Knux

154. Posted:

Not me, because I already got a Xbox One (which is a surprisingly awesome console) as an early Christmas/birthday gift. I'll probably get a PS4 sometime next year. A real gamer always buys at least two consoles (a non-Nintendo and Nintendo one) to experience at least the majority of games released. Only people who feel like buying non-Nintendo consoles is a sin will feel otherwise differently.

Edited on by Knux

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

155. Posted:

It'll probably be a secondary console to PS4 for me but never know for sure. Nintendo is only going to get more comfortable in HD development as time goes on and as that happens, the first party releases will be more frequent so it could become a primary console since I'm a huge fan of Nintendo's franchises. Just depends on which ones they bring over. New Star Fox, F-Zero and Wave Race games are long overdue.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

156. Posted:

@Knux
That's the thing, thouvh. Basically all gamers want at least 2 of 3 consoles. It's only that first choice that tends to "label" which company you're a "fanboy" of. That's how it is by internet standards, anyway :P

I have a Wii U, and Xbox One would be my next console choice, no doubt. For me, it's just a matter of making one purchase worthwhile before I inevitably get my hands on another console. It's the same as last gen. Everyone I knew(including myself) ended up getting at least one other console besides our "main", during last gen. It's just the way things go, if you like video games.

My friends and I are gamers, so we play whatever we have.

I had all the consoles last gen. I'll probably get an Xbox One halfway through the gen, but I'm going to enjoy the Wii U to it's fullest, until then.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

157. Posted:

Sorry for the double post...

This is also why it's important that Nintendo gets 3rd party software, because if Nintendo can get 90% of the high profile 3rd party releases, there wouldn't really be any reason to own another console for the majority of gamers.

If Wii U got a majority of upcoming 3rd party games, there would be alot less incentive to buy another console unless said exclusives were worth buying another system for.

Xbox One and PS4 are only a month old, so it would make sense for Nintendo to work with 3rd parties from this point forward, instead of last year, which I would bet is probably happening.

New systems launching changes the entire outlook on the industry, because it ultimately opens up a ton of possibilities that weren't there when there was only 1 of 3 consoles out there.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

MAB

158. Posted:

Like I have said a million times before... WiiU + 3DS + Steam Box ÷ PC = the best advanced hardcore gamer setup your dead presidents can buy ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

R_Champ

159. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Knux

I have a Wii U, and Xbox One would be my next console choice, no doubt. For me, it's just a matter of making one purchase worthwhile before I inevitably get my hands on another console. It's the same as last gen. Everyone I knew(including myself) ended up getting at least one other console besides our "main", during last gen. It's just the way things go, if you like video games.

I'll probably be doing this, except I'm just as likely to upgrade my PC as get an Xbox One. Every series I loved on 360 last gen is kinda going down hill so it may be a while though.

Street Fighter: No new gen version and getting milked to death.
Fallout 3: Could easily recover but after New Vegas I'm skeptical.
Last Odyssey: I don't think Mistwalker is going back to Microsoft. Heck, I think they're sticking with Nintendo.
Battlefront 3: SHOULD'VE been on 360, but it was a no show. I'm kind of worried with EA at the helm.
Mass Effect: 1 and 2 were amazing, but 3? Let's just say day-one DLC and and ending that put the Matrix to shame doesn't make me excite for ME4.

And games like Kingdom Hearts, FF XV, and the slew of mediocre JRPGs destined for PS4 don't appeal to me much. Why buy the rest when you already have the best?...Yes, I'm a Xeno fanboy.

"'Act like an adult?' Shut up! I'm having too much fun playing Mario Kart!" -C.S. Lewis

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

160. Posted:

Knux wrote:

Not me, because I already got a Xbox One (which is a surprisingly awesome console) as an early Christmas/birthday gift. I'll probably get a PS4 sometime next year. A real gamer always buys at least two consoles (a non-Nintendo and Nintendo one) to experience at least the majority of games released. Only people who feel like buying non-Nintendo consoles is a sin will feel otherwise differently.

So apparently I'm not a "real" gamer, since I can't afford the roughly $1000 dollars buying two systems takes. You know, since I kinda have to buy my own consoles and whatnot.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98