Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Showing 341 to 360 of 385

AuthorMessage

Ryno

341. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I'm wondering when they are going to show the next wii sports game as the easy of use of that is what sold the system.

You don't think is what NintendoLand is for?

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

342. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

They aren't. The wii U has no inherent selling points that I can see. Even the casuel focused stuff wasn't that good looking compared casuel stuff from competitors. I even doubt new super Mario bros as a system seller because it already had a major install base by the time the wii game came out.

[/div]

Dunno about you, but for many a casual, having a "Tablet Controller" is a selling point. I can see casuals, seeing an iPad controller, but playing full games like on Xbox360 and PS3. From the people I talk to, this idea would excite them, which it has.

The problem is, the Casual market, unlike the 'core' market, has no common mindset. 'Playing of Casual' like people say Nintendo did with the Wii won't always support you. It's not a safety net. Is there honestly a way to tell what the casual market will or will not eat up? Can we, as 'core' gamers, make that call? What do you guys think?

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

343. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

I'm wondering when they are going to show the next wii sports game as the easy of use of that is what sold the system.

[/div]

Nintendoland is way to complicated to be a Wii Sports equivalent for the Wii U. I could never play that game with my family, since my parents would never learn how to play more than the DK game. (and even that may be tricky at first.)

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

344. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Nintendoland is way to complicated to be a Wii Sports equivalent for the Wii U. I could never play that game with my family, since my parents would never learn how to play more than the DK game. (and even that may be tricky at first.)

...I don't get it, they're both basically minigame compilations. :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

345. Posted:

I don't consider Wii Sports a mini game compilation at all. Nintendoland.. I count it as more of a sophisticated minigame compilation versus the simple Mario Party 9 minigames..

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

346. Posted:

The Mini-games in Nintendo Land are too complex. Playing Zelda on Nintendo Land is not nearly as simple as playing Bowling in Wii Sports. I mean, who doesn't know how to bowl?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

347. Posted:

I have felt deflated about Nintendo for quite some time, TC. Quite some time..

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

skywake

348. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

The problem is, the Casual market, unlike the 'core' market, has no common mindset. 'Playing of Casual' like people say Nintendo did with the Wii won't always support you. It's not a safety net. Is there honestly a way to tell what the casual market will or will not eat up? Can we, as 'core' gamers, make that call? What do you guys think?

It's a pretty easy test really. Find a "casual gamer", show them trailers and ask them what they think. Using that test I would say that NintendoLand does not fit the bill and out of all the games shown New SMB U is probably the closest thing the Wii U has to Wii Sports' mass appeal.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

349. Posted:

Untitled

Yes, I feel very deflated

Seriously though, from the looks of it , the fact it looks boring and the fact that it's complicated, is not the reason I'm worried. It's just that Nintendo think this is THE BEST THING EVAR!!!!!!!!!!! and their putting all their hopes into it. If Nintendo Land fails, Nintendo are doomed for all eternity. They have to get this right.

Edited on by CommanderAudio

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

350. Posted:

Er ... Nintendo Land seems complicated???

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

Highwinter

351. Posted:

My biggest problem with the Wii U is still the lack of games. I can see potential for the technology, but if all we have are the same few first party Nintendo titles and some ports of games that have been out for other systems for years, what's the point? Why would anyone rush out to buy a Wii U for Arkham City?

The even bigger problem is the Xbox "720" and PS4, which are strongly rumoured to be out next year and will be significantly more powerful, once again leaving Nintendo with no third party support. They can continue to state that graphics aren't important, which is somewhat true, but when it limits how advanced games can be and even what games can be released for the system, it's a serious problem.

Nintendo seem to have a knack for making products very successful, after everyone else has assumed they will fail, but I'm having a hard time seeing this one ending well.

Highwinter

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

352. Posted:

Highwinter wrote:

My biggest problem with the Wii U is still the lack of games. I can see potential for the technology, but if all we have are the same few first party Nintendo titles and some ports of games that have been out for other systems for years, what's the point? Why would anyone rush out to buy a Wii U for Arkham City?

The even bigger problem is the Xbox "720" and PS4, which are strongly rumoured to be out next year and will be significantly more powerful, once again leaving Nintendo with no third party support. They can continue to state that graphics aren't important, which is somewhat true, but when it limits how advanced games can be and even what games can be released for the system, it's a serious problem.

Nintendo seem to have a knack for making products very successful, after everyone else has assumed they will fail, but I'm having a hard time seeing this one ending well.

Nintendo Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Just Dance 4
Lego City Undercover
ZombiU
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
TANK! TANK! TANK!
Project P-100
Game & Wario
Wii Fit U
SiNG
Rayman Legends

This is not a lack of games in my opinion. I've even removed the ports and "the few same" Nintendo titles.

And as for the PS4 and 720 being "significantly more powerful," I don't think they will be so powerful that Wii U gets left out. If Microsoft and Sony make their next systems dramatically more powerful than the PS3 and 360, production costs will be through the roof and the systems will end up being crazy expensive (PS3 launch anyone?), thus giving Nintendo the opening they need (should they price it fairly) to pull another Wii.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

353. Posted:

skywake wrote:

TysonQ7 wrote:

[/div]

It's a pretty easy test really. Find a "casual gamer", show them trailers and ask them what they think. Using that test I would say that NintendoLand does not fit the bill and out of all the games shown New SMB U is probably the closest thing the Wii U has to Wii Sports' mass appeal.

But, unlike where you ask the thoughts of A 'core' gamer, it won't necessarily be a common thought.
From what Iv'e seen, the casual market is unpredictable, unless of course you sit each individual down.

But, I could be drastically wrong.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

354. Posted:

Highwinter wrote:

Problem is, judging how things are falling into place, I highly doubt the power significance between WiiU and the other two next gen consoles will be dramatic like Wii vs PS3/360. Let's put this in perspective- If Sony decides to go being the most powerful console of next gen like they did for PS3, do you think developers would want to ditch WiiU's affordable dev kits as well as the costs to make games on WiiU compared to PS4? Especially when the gap is minuscule? Doubt it. And judging And honestly, the difference is not what everyone is thinking. Not to mention, Microsoft and Sony don't have the dinero to be spending so much on having SUPER-EXTRA-MODERN-MODERN-FUTURE technology like everyone is believing.

Costs of game development is rising. And because WiiU is that bridge between current and next gen, it may turn out to be the system 3rd parties would rather develop for if the costs to make games between WiiU vs 720/PS4 are huge.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

355. Posted:

Thats really wishful thinking when most big third parties already have 720/PS3 kits are the ones wanting more power.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

356. Posted:

Just like its wishful thinking about the other two being leaps above WiiU.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

skywake

357. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

But, unlike where you ask the thoughts of A 'core' gamer, it won't necessarily be a common thought.
From what Iv'e seen, the casual market is unpredictable, unless of course you sit each individual down.

But, I could be drastically wrong.

You're drastically wrong and I have no idea what you're actually saying here. What I'm saying is that it's really, really easy to gauge someone's thoughts on an idea by simply showing it to them. As for being unpredictable, the biggest "casual" success stories have been things like Brain Training, Wii Sports, Guitar Hero, Wii Fit and Just Dance. The level of success for all of them was mind blowing but the appeal was obvious from the moment they were first shown.

If anything it's the core games that are hard to predict.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

358. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

Costs of game development is rising. And because WiiU is that bridge between current and next gen, it may turn out to be the system 3rd parties would rather develop for if the costs to make games between WiiU vs 720/PS4 are huge.

Cheaper development costs didn't do much for the Wii this gen..

And developing a game for the PS4/720 will always make more sense financially. Not only because the games are more expensive, but because even in this gen, multiplats on the PS3/360 reach just as many people on both consoles combined as they would reach on the Wii.

Basically Nintendo and their lower-tech unusual accessories will never receive tons of 3rd party attention as long as there are two higher tech equivalent consoles.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

359. Posted:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

Just like its wishful thinking about the other two being leaps above WiiU.

Well thats common sense but Microsoft could go for a giant  leap if they wanted too. The hardcore gamer and general tech guys will grab a new console at $400 and for everyone else why do you think they are experimenting with the contract model as well as getting it to be a cable box.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/05/07/99-xbox-360-c...
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2405359,00.asp

They could easily go with a uber powerful system and use non traditional methods to cover the costs as well as expanded marketshare making sure they are once again the lead console.

Still don't think Kt will happen however. I'm expecting a xbox/ps2/gamecube type of power levels.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

360. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Still don't think it will happen however. I'm expecting a xbox/ps2/gamecube type of power levels.

Yeah, same here. We're too far in a recession (by "we" I mean a lot of the countries these companies sell to...) for super powerful systems right now. They need to focus on gimmickry rather than sheer power right now (which is fine by me, I'll wait until the gen after for the super awesome and hopefully more traditional systems).

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~