Wii U Forum

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Showing 361 to 380 of 385

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

361. Posted:

Guess your going into Pc gaming?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

362. Posted:

Hell no. PC gaming sucks more than anything, IMO. I tried it years ago, just ended up buying a 360 and never looked back. I'm even tempted to sell my Steam account. I'm just gonna catch up on my backlog (I have 700+ unfinished games, and I'm not done getting everything yet, still got maybe 100-200 more games to get). I'll be damn good until the next gen comes, and I figure if this gen is any indication, there won't be much I'll be missing out on, especially if my predictions of the gimmickry come true.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Henmii

363. Posted:

Okay, so Game and Wario seems to be another Wii play (but this time Wario branded) instead of a new Warioware! Instead of 70+ mini-games we get 10, though they will be longer! My excitement for this game has decreased quite a bit!

Henmii

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

364. Posted:

Same here, Henmii, but I'll wait and see. If the games are addictive enough to be worthy of the Game & Watch allusion, it might be a good pick up.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

skywake

365. Posted:

@ the power of the next gen systems
I can see the first cross platform PS4/720 games being PS4/720/Wii U/PS3/360/PC games rather than "next gen" exclusives. Then as we leave this gen it'll probably go PS4/720/Wii U. Yes, the Wii U will have the worst looking versions but... I couldn't care less personally and I don't think people will care as much as they have in generations past.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

366. Posted:

It might happen that the first next gen cross platform games are 720/PC/Mobile instead of PS4/720/Wii U/PS3/360/PC
If this leaked info is true, and they chose eight x86 cores with scalable frequencies architecture, be ready not only for a terrific boost in power, but also for a development unification around W8 next year.
http://www.theverge.com/2012/6/16/3090944/microsoft-xbox-720-...

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

367. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Hell no. PC gaming sucks more than anything, IMO. I tried it years ago, just ended up buying a 360 and never looked back. I'm even tempted to sell my Steam account. I'm just gonna catch up on my backlog (I have 700+ unfinished games, and I'm not done getting everything yet, still got maybe 100-200 more games to get). I'll be damn good until the next gen comes, and I figure if this gen is any indication, there won't be much I'll be missing out on, especially if my predictions of the gimmickry come true.

[/div]

[/div]

you're hilarious Mickey Mac, such an ignorant immature cut to the chase close minded comment that i completely agree with haha. PC gaming does suck. :p League of Legends was the last PC title my friends forced me to play with them at some annoying little internet cafe and i just couldn't wait to leave...Apperantly there was an oldschool arcade joint up the street, but they opted for this boring tripe. lol I could of been playing Pacman, Street Fighter, DonkeyKong ect ect but instead i was forced to get completely owned by a bunch of Pro-online Elf dweebettes. The game felt so sluggish and unintuitive, not to mention boring. staring in front of a computer monitor with a mouse in keyboard is the LAST thing i want to be doing. Did i mention i seriously hate keyboard and mouse controls for gaming? Ya, probably. :p I just wanted to break away, grab a drink and just socialize instead of staring at a computer screen like the bug eyed zombies surrounding me. It went on for hours...

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

368. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

you're hilarious Mickey Mac, such an ignorant immature cut to the chase close minded comment that i completely agree with haha. PC gaming does suck. :p League of Legends was the last PC title my friends forced me to play with them at some annoying little internet cafe and i just couldn't wait to leave...Apperantly there was an oldschool arcade joint up the street, but they opted for this boring tripe. lol I could of been playing Pacman, Street Fighter, DonkeyKong ect ect but instead i was forced to get completely owned by a bunch of Pro-online Elf dweebettes. The game felt so sluggish and unintuitive, not to mention boring. staring in front of a computer monitor with a mouse in keyboard is the LAST thing i want to be doing. Did i mention i seriously hate keyboard and mouse controls for gaming? Ya, probably. :p I just wanted to break away, grab a drink and just socialize instead of staring at a computer screen like the bug eyed zombies surrounding me. It went on for hours...

I was afraid you'd agree with my main point, though I don't agree with any of the points you brought up. PC gaming sucks because it's on a PC, a system not specifically designed for gaming (and it shows). That means putting in unnecessary effort checking compatibility, replacing drivers, checking minimum system requirements only to find I can't run the greatest thing since sliced bread unless I fork over $1000 on new components, despite the fact that my PC was high-end 3 years ago. Not that it matters, the game's full of bugs anyways, so I gotta wait a year until they make the game playable. And by then it'll have been ported to consoles, where it doesn't look quite as nice but is otherwise the same G-ddamn game for far less money and hassle. Oh, I'm sure the PC fanboys will find a way to say it's a worse game for some arbitrary reason, like it lacks a modding community (yeah, like I trust a bunch of amatuers to do a better job in their free time than the actual developers have been doing on the clock for 4 years), but in the end the lesson still is that I should stick with the console versions whenever possible.

Really, strategy games are the only things PC do better than consoles anyways, and I can't say I ever spend much time with those when not playing with friends, anyways. So really, I haven't got a single bloody reason to play a PC game these days.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Mandoble

369. Posted:

Strategy, flight sims, RPGs, open world oriented ones any massive MP game and so. Plus all these that simply cannot run on consoles due to lack of power. In four years I had no need to update drivers, update OS or change any hardware (except adding two more HDs) and it is able to run any current game at least at medium settings (which is already way highger than what any console supports for common games). You should not generalize your bad luck with your rig. Lets add the fact that common games are usually way more expensive for the consoles, what you invest on PC hardware is quickly compensated as you buy more and more games.

Mandoble

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

370. Posted:

@MegaMickey

Whoops, i completely forget to bring up the whole 'having to constantly upgrade' to get the most out of PC gaming or just having to keep up in general to play the latest software. That's the other major problem i have with it. I don't want to get into specifics since i'm a pretty big noob when it comes to PC 'anything' related in general, but as far as having a PC gaming set up goes...I'd personally be happier with a Commodore 64. :p

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Bass_X0

371. Posted:

G-ddamn

Censoring it like that doesn't make it any less of a curse word.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage

skywake

372. Posted:

Mandoble wrote:

It might happen that the first next gen cross platform games are 720/PC/Mobile instead of PS4/720/Wii U/PS3/360/PC

just.......... no. You're doing it wrong.

Bass_X0 wrote:

G-ddamn

Censoring it like that doesn't make it any less of a curse word.

You better not watch this then... although you DEFINITELY should....

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Aviator

373. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@MegaMickey

Whoops, i completely forget to bring up the whole 'having to constantly upgrade' to get the most out of PC gaming or just having to keep up in general to play the latest software. That's the other major problem i have with it. I don't want to get into specifics since i'm a pretty big noob when it comes to PC 'anything' related in general, but as far as having a PC gaming set up goes...I'd personally be happier with a Commodore 64. :p

You're doing the exact same thing with the Wii U.

[strong]When you touch me I die,
just a little inside,
I wonder if
this could be love.[/strong]
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

Bankai

374. Posted:

PC gaming is a serious hobby. People spend a lot of time and money on PC games and rigs because it provides them with an outlet. Some even get so good at it that they earn money from it, turning it into one of those rare hobbies that has a return on investment.

With that as context I'm surprised that members of the Nintendo fanboy club would be so condescending towards people who get enjoyment from their PC games. Because as we all know the Wii isn't just a games console, it's a way of life.

Mickeymac (hey awesome my iPhone picks up your name in autocorrect) - completely agree with you. I don't get into PC games for the same reasons as you :)

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Unca_Lz

375. Posted:

PC gaming is too expensive :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

376. Posted:

Ot isn't as nearly expensive as people say it is. Only if you have an OCD to always have the best. You could build a high end rig and comfortably play all games on Max settings for at least the next 3 years. Only probelm is like jockey said drivers and crape.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

Knux

377. Posted:

Untitled

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

378. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Ot isn't as nearly expensive as people say it is. Only if you have an OCD to always have the best. You could build a high end rig and comfortably play all games on Max settings for at least the next 3 years. Only probelm is like jockey said drivers and crape.

No, it's effing expensive. Getting a high-end rig can still cost you well over $1000 if you want something that's built to last. That's a lot of money, man.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

379. Posted:

I dunno don't you expect to pay a bit for a quality machine? Aldo I was mostly talking the upkeep of the machine isn't that expensive.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

380. Posted:

You can buy a $600-$700 desktop that will run nearly every game for the next few years. And after that you can upgrade once for another few years for a relatively small price.

I don't know where people get the idea that you need to upgrade every single year.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays