Forums

Topic: Anyone else a little....deflated?

Posts 361 to 372 of 372

Bankai

PC gaming is a serious hobby. People spend a lot of time and money on PC games and rigs because it provides them with an outlet. Some even get so good at it that they earn money from it, turning it into one of those rare hobbies that has a return on investment.

With that as context I'm surprised that members of the Nintendo fanboy club would be so condescending towards people who get enjoyment from their PC games. Because as we all know the Wii isn't just a games console, it's a way of life.

Mickeymac (hey awesome my iPhone picks up your name in autocorrect) - completely agree with you. I don't get into PC games for the same reasons as you

Edited on by Bankai

LzWinky

PC gaming is too expensive

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

Ot isn't as nearly expensive as people say it is. Only if you have an OCD to always have the best. You could build a high end rig and comfortably play all games on Max settings for at least the next 3 years. Only probelm is like jockey said drivers and crape.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

Ot isn't as nearly expensive as people say it is. Only if you have an OCD to always have the best. You could build a high end rig and comfortably play all games on Max settings for at least the next 3 years. Only probelm is like jockey said drivers and crape.

No, it's effing expensive. Getting a high-end rig can still cost you well over $1000 if you want something that's built to last. That's a lot of money, man.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

I dunno don't you expect to pay a bit for a quality machine? Aldo I was mostly talking the upkeep of the machine isn't that expensive.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AlexSays

You can buy a $600-$700 desktop that will run nearly every game for the next few years. And after that you can upgrade once for another few years for a relatively small price.

I don't know where people get the idea that you need to upgrade every single year.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

kyuubikid213

I only prefer console gaming to PC gaming because of the System Requirements. With a PS2, I can play any PS2 game anywhere no problem. With Windows XP, I need the latest graphics cards, the best sound cards, and about 2 gigs of RAM before I can even think to put the disc in. After that, I just have to cross my fingers and hope it works.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AlexSays

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Windows XP

I discovered your problem

Switch to Windows 7 and you shall see the light

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Chris720

Still, a high end gaming PC is a lot more expensive than buying a console. Yes PC's are generally fab because you can tear out old bits (not literally, that would be stupid...) and upgrade it without getting a whole new PC which isn't too bad of a deal.

However in England to find a really good well made PC that can do some of the higher end games you have to cough up at least £1000 or £2000 and then the parts ain't all that cheap coming to around £500 or £1000 depending on the model you choose for the next higher end graphics cards. Overall it gets pretty expensive and that's without buying any games.

Yes, you can make your own but if you want some uber graphics that also runs very smoothly even with all settings on max you're still going to have to cough up a lot of money. Stuff it, I'm buying a console, it's cheaper and a new model comes out every 5 or so years.

@AlexSays Windows? Pssshhh... my computer can just about run Terraria at 30fps and this computer was recommended as a very good PC for gaming... ha!

Edited on by Chris720

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Mandoble

I'm yet to find a PC game where you cannot adjust the preferences to play it even with an old desktop, and yet still looking better than in PS3/360. Problem with many PC users is that they are supposed to play always with max settings and never lower than 60FPS so after few years they feel the need to upgrade while the games are still perfectly playable lowering the settings. Something that you cannot do with the Wii to play next year nintendo games, BTW.

Mandoble

kyuubikid213

AlexSays wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Windows XP

I discovered your problem

Switch to Windows 7 and you shall see the light

But even after that I still need a good graphics card and 2 gigs of RAM. My friend bought a graphics card last year and it set him back $300. I could just buy a new home console for that much.

I'm not hating on PC gaming, I just prefer consoles because there is less you have to watch out for.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.