Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Regrettable VC downloads

Showing 141 to 160 of 188

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HappyHappy

141. Posted:

So far Yoshi's Story and Zelda 2.

So many good games, so little money to spend.
3DS FC: 2148-8542-0062 Name:Ram-Z
Add me if you dare!
3DS Games:
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

142. Posted:

CURRENTLY
Zelda II- it's freakin' hard
Phantasy Star II- it's boring

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

143. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

I wasn't too impressed with Blaster Master, but maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

I gave that one far too much of time, and as the time gradually flew by I started to hate the experience even more and more. I just wanted to beat the game and that was that. Let's forget about that giant Crab boss that blows out the insane amount of bubbles where you have to manouver around them like a ninja on crack. It's that Giant Blue Lobster in world 7(I think it was) that caused the major trouble...It was insanity challenge wise.

Yet I made it to the final boss(I think it was 4 times) and just when i thought i was about to beat him, he landed the final blow on me and i was toast. This game is a complete chore to get through...The music gets incredibly irritating and grating as it constantly loops and LOOPS and those cave area's where you're out of your vehicle are poorly done. God I hate this game.lol

Also....I'm torn on Contra II: Super C
While it's an entertaining sequal in the contra franchise, it's just pretty bland, uncreative, the music sucks, the bosses for the most part aren't that memorable and it just pales in comparison to the awesomeness that is the original. It's still solid, but for some reason i still deleted it from my collection. It's just not worthy. :p

And where in the hell is the original CONTRA!? Why in hell did we just get the inferior sequal instead? Does Konami have some sort of crazy contract with somebody?

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ryno

144. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

brooks83 wrote:

I wasn't too impressed with Blaster Master, but maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

I gave that one far too much of time, and as the time gradually flew by I started to hate the experience even more and more. I just wanted to beat the game and that was that. Let's forget about that giant Crab boss that blows out the insane amount of bubbles where you have to manouver around them like a ninja on crack. It's that Giant Blue Lobster in world 7(I think it was) that caused the major trouble...It was insanity challenge wise.

Yet I made it to the final boss(I think it was 4 times) and just when i thought i was about to beat him, he landed the final blow on me and i was toast. This game is a complete chore to get through...The music gets incredibly irritating and grating as it constantly loops and LOOPS and those cave area's where you're out of your vehicle are poorly done. God I hate this game.lol

Also....I'm torn on Contra II: Super C
While it's an entertaining sequal in the contra franchise, it's just pretty bland, uncreative, the music sucks, the bosses for the most part aren't that memorable and it just pales in comparison to the awesomeness that is the original. It's still solid, but for some reason i still deleted it from my collection. It's just not worthy. :p

And where in the hell is the original CONTRA!? Why in hell did we just get the inferior sequal instead? Does Konami have some sort of crazy contract with somebody?

Yup, I am going to have to disagree with you on Contra vs. Super C. Having recently ran through both, I was dissapointed in Contra because I had it built up in my mind has being near the Apex of NES games. Only a couple of levels did the music actually stand out to me and I thought the 3D levels were just boring and easy. Not to mention that last level is pretty underwhelming and easy. I enjoy the top down levels of Super C more and the over all look and level design. Maybe I am the only one that likes Super C over Contra.

And another thing about the Contra series, what in the hell is up with the killer bubbles of death? I mean, Red Falcon and his fellow Alien cronies have this super top secret crazy amazing technology and they use bubbles. Not a big fan of jumping around avoiding and trying to shoot bubbles.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lockelocke

145. Posted:

I love Super C. It's my favorite Contra game hands down, so don't worry Ryno, you are not alone. I'm rockin my rose tinted glasses no doubt, but Super C pretty much epitomizes my childhood circle of friends. We've all got that game memorized.

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tanookisuit

146. Posted:

I regret My Life as a Dark Lord. That was the last game I picked up for the system around the time it came out. I did some stages into it, but it got excessively annoying and picky on how it wanted stages done to the point it was like you had to just do stuff exactly how you wanted or it failed and I can't stand crap like that at all. It's like use a faq, be a mind reader of the maker, or just pound away until you annoying stumble onto the pattern and it's a huge turn off. Games like that limit why I buy stuff I can't resell because if it has a chance of stinking I won't get it, and it hurts more when it looks good and sucks.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://http://tanooki.home.insightbb.com/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

speedyboris

147. Posted:

Quite a few, actually:
-1080 Snowboarding: Hasn't aged gracefully at all. Avalanche is much better.
-Mario Party 2: Not much fun without another player.
-Punch-Out!: Primitive game engine. It was a letdown.
-Splatterhouse: Censorship I wasn't aware of until I bought it, bland gameplay, horrible music.
-Super R-Type: Thanks to no "respawn right where you died", this game is way too hard. Unnecessarily so.
-Yoshi's Story: Too easy. Forgettable music. Not nearly as fun as Yoshi's Island.

speedyboris

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

148. Posted:

@Speedyboris

Set Super R-Type on the easiest difficulty. That combined with the slowdown makes it pretty tolerable.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Stine

149. Posted:

The only one I've kind of regretted downloading so far is Harvest Moon. But I have a feeling that I'll start playing it some time I'm actually in the right mood and end up liking it.

3DS code: 2878-9571-7307
Wii code: 2620-3845-5888-0097
PSN ID: Stines92
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

150. Posted:

Stine wrote:

The only one I've kind of regretted downloading so far is Harvest Moon. But I have a feeling that I'll start playing it some time I'm actually in the right mood and end up liking it.

Yeah, that happens to me a lot.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

wolvesanyone

151. Posted:

I got Pacman thinking it would be a good alternative to Ms. Pacman, I was wrong.

Huzzah!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

152. Posted:

speedyboris wrote:

Quite a few, actually:
-1080 Snowboarding: Hasn't aged gracefully at all. Avalanche is much better.
-Mario Party 2: Not much fun without another player.
-Punch-Out!: Primitive game engine. It was a letdown.
-Splatterhouse: Censorship I wasn't aware of until I bought it, bland gameplay, horrible music.
-Super R-Type: Thanks to no "respawn right where you died", this game is way too hard. Unnecessarily so.
-Yoshi's Story: Too easy. Forgettable music. Not nearly as fun as Yoshi's Island.

I was a big fan of Splatterhouse 2 back on the Genesis growing up, but the original Splatterhouse on the Turbo GFX was a let down. First of all, the VC conversion looks awfully blurry, and the graphics and extra detail and animations from the real arcade version aren't present, it looks like crap in comparison, plus Rick's Mask is red....

As for Punch-Out!! I totaly disagree, mind you it's one of my favorite games of all time, i loved it back when i was 5 or 6 years old back on the Nes. It's aged wonderfully. Primitive? How so? The new Punch-Out for the Wii practically plays the same. It's all timing and pattern based, and it works great! It's like a Boxing Puzzle, with awesome 80's flavor, fun colorful goofy characters, memorable tunes and brilliant Nintendo gameplay to back it up. Plus nobody messes with King Hippo! B-)

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

153. Posted:

Yoshi's Story has a modifiable difficulty. It's just that no one knows how. It's all about beating the game well. Do an all-melons run and it'll actually be challenging.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RudysaurusRex

154. Posted:

The original Final Fantasy. Too. Hard. Should've gotten Punch-Out!.

SPREAD THE JOY OF THE GREAT TURTLE
HE IS UPON US AND WILL TAKE US TO THE GREAT WAVE
JOIN THE COURT OF TURTLES AND BE REDEEMED
THE COURT OF TURTLES
The best troll thread ever

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

155. Posted:

AlexHighwind wrote:

The original Final Fantasy. Too. Hard. Should've gotten Punch-Out!.

What's your party? What's their level? Where are you? Final Fantasy is not too hard if you know what you're doing, and if all else fails, grind.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

brainofj

156. Posted:

Let's see ...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - this was a purchase for the wife. She then remembered, upon playing it, that she had forgotten it was that piece of crap and not the awesome arcade game. So, if she'd asked BEFOREHAND, I wouldn't have wasted the points.

Eternal Champions - Rose-colored hindsight. Loved this game as a teenager, when I loved one-on-one fighting games. Boy, did the bloom fall off the rose. Way too complicated, difficult even on easy.

SimCity - It's still fun, but it's just too difficult to play with a controller.

"You keep saying "snake", but all I hear is 'Easter bunny, Easter bunny, Easter bunny'."
-Meatwad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bub166

157. Posted:

I really regret buying Metroid, the original. I think it's because I didn't grow up with games like it. I am generally very bad at NES games in general, because I'm not used to them. I am pretty good at SNES games, because I grew up with those, and I don't have problems with games there. On the NES though, I am very bad at side scollers. Specifically scrolling shooters. That brings me to the point, (not a VC game but still a NES game released on a downloadable service) in that I bought Contra on the xBox Live Arcade this one time, because my sister and I thought it looked cool and we both like side scrollers on the SNES. I had 5 dollars of points left over, bought it, and couldn't get past that stupid part in the first stage where you go into third person. It seemed like an awesome game, and would reign supreme over side scrollers for me if I was good at them, but that one in particular is just too much for me. I haven't tried with the Konami code though, I guess I should give it another shot.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TTGlider

158. Posted:

A new regrettable for me... I've never played any of the Smash Bros series and bought Super Smash Bros on N64 VC last Friday. It's ... OK ... but since then I've read about Brawl and think I would probably have been better off just getting the Wii retail version as most consider it the best in the series. But I doubt I'd ever play the N64 version if I had the Wii version, so I'm reluctant to... ARGH!

TTGlider

AuthorMessage
Avatar

bezerker99

159. Posted:

My Aquarium - nuff said... (facepalm) (and yes, I know this is a WiiWare game and not VC but.....I don't have any regrettable VC downloads)

Edited on by bezerker99

"Everybody gets old, but not everybody gets great!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
My name in a video game.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JeanLuc_Vaycard

160. Posted:

Sword of Vermillion. It was my first game on the VC that I downloaded because i was desperate for an RPG and I already own Breath of Fire II on cart. Good god was this ever a crapfest. It does help me sleep though.

Pokemon Snap. Why did I download this game when I'm not a Pookeymon fan? No one to blame here but myself.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player