Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 9,981 to 10,000 of 69,952

Moshugan

@FragRed My Amazon order for the concole and Zelda, to be shipped from France to Finland, had the dispatch date set for 4th and the delivery date for between 7th and 9th right when I ordered. I chose the 2-4 day delivery, but the weekend delays the delivery.

I hope they end up shipping it before launch day. x)

Edited on by Moshugan

My Super Mario Maker 2's Maker ID: R7B-M93-5GF

Nintendo Network ID: Moshugan

mav-i-am

mine is the same, swapping the delivery method worked.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

TuVictus

Mine still says arriving March 3rd, but what I'm worried about is the Pro Controller that still says delivery date pending.

TuVictus

Azooooz

I'm still on a fence whether to pre-order this console or not. The only thing that stands in my way is more information about the console, and that we will definitely know for sure this month.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

RR529

YouTube is holding a Super Bowl 2017 Ad Blitz, where you can vote for your favorite commercial, but after looking through the list at least 3 times over, they have every single commercial aired, EXCEPT the Switch ad as an option...

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Octane

Didn't go online for a day and people are talking about voting for commercials. Am I the only one that doesn't get it and thinks this is a little weird?

Octane

FragRed

@RR529 Hang on you CAN'T vote for the Nintendo Switch ad? Is that deliberate or did someone s screw up over at YouTube?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

rallydefault

@Octane
Eh, it's what we do lol

When I was young everyone would always go into school the next day and talk about their favorite commercial. I suppose this is just the evolution of that.

rallydefault

Octane

@rallydefault I don't know man, getting excited for commercials, that's a strange world for sure haha!

Octane

Kova

I must say, it sounds kind of strange to me also. Okay, i'm not from US, maybe that's the reason why i don't get it. I have always think that commercials are more pain in the ass.

Kova

RR529

FragRed wrote:

@RR529 Hang on you CAN'T vote for the Nintendo Switch ad? Is that deliberate or did someone s screw up over at YouTube?

It's literally absent from the playlist. From what I can tell, all the other 2017 ads are there, even some I didn't see (I assume local commercials covered them up?), but the Switch ad is nowhere on the playlist.

Not sure why, though.

EDIT: As for those confused about the talk about commercials, the Super Bowl is by far the most watched program in the U.S. every year, so advertisers usually go out of their way to make their commercials as crazy and attention grabbing as possible (huge special effects budgets, celebrities, etc.), as well as a bunch of trailers for most of the new spring & summer blockbusters (this year I think there was Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Ghost in the Shell, Transformers: the Last Knight, Logan, Pirates of the Caribbean 5, & Baywatch). Competition for Super Bowl airtime is so intense, that I think a 30 second spot costs an average of $2 Million to secure.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

TuVictus

I would not be surprised if it's a Nintendo thing. Considering how strict they are with people who play their videos. Doubt it's a conspiracy.

TuVictus

skywake

@RR529
I think everyone gets the idea of there being a big sporting event with ads. Every country has those. Australia has the AFL Grand Final (sorry NSW/QLD) which is a pretty big deal for advertisers here. Admittedly Australia's population would be a smaller market than some US states (we'd be 3rd). But even so, advertisers do go a bit nuts about the Grand Final. It's just I don't think anyone really cares.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Maxz

Yeah, I'm more in the 'ads as nuisance' camp rather than the 'ads as entertainment', but the whole Super Bowl hype fest is... interesting. I guess there's a 'shared experience' aspect to the whole thing, which is probably becoming rarer as ads get more insidiously targeted.

Maybe one day some segments of the market will gets ads selling them a car as a conduit for gender equality, and others will get different ads selling them the idea of a car as a vessel to live out their crazy pimp fantasies. And it'll be the same car.

Anyway, there's enough carnage about car adverts going in in under the article. And arguably enough talk about adverts in general here (sorry).

Still wondering about when the remaining pieces of the puzzle will be released. Less than a month to go, and still no detailing on the eShop or similar.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

HappyHappyist
edit: I haven't used this site in years, forgot how to format the picture properly, I'm trying to figure it out. Basically what happened (for those that can't see it) was on the preorder thread on the /r/nintendoswitch subreddit, someone called /u/Ihave7switches came and told everyone that he was reselling his extra systems for $600-700. Then he said he was going to wait to do so until it was closer to launch, that way people would be more desperate and willing to shell out the extra cash. Unbelievable.

Edited on by HappyHappyist

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

HappyHappyist

http://imgur.com/amvnglT
Also you guys, check this out. This is my best buy preorder, look at the arrival date in the bottom right. It says March 2nd, somehow I'm in disbelief it'll arrive EARLY. Should I believe this? I have a feeling if I ask a Best Buy rep, they'll just say it'll arrive on the 3rd just to cover their bases and they won't really know.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

skywake

@HappyHappyist
One of the things I like about the way EBGames Australia has managed the Switch is that it's one per customer. Purely there to slow down scalpers. I really despite people who prey on people like this, it's pretty despicable. Hopefully the stock issues don't hang around for too long so these guys can end up sinking themselves with $1000s worth of unsold Switches.

Which brings me to the one think I don't like about how EBGames Australia has managed the Switch launch. I have my pre-order in and have had it since I think the day after the January event. They rang up to ask whether or not I was picking one up on the first weekend and of course I said I was. But even so, I wonder what would have happened if I said I wasn't. Would they have sold it to someone else? Pretty dodgy move IMO. I've paid the deposit, they should hold it for me.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

OorWullie

@HappyHappyist @skywake It could be worse,you could have a pre order like me that is still dated with the placeholder 31st March and doesn't even have a price yet.

http://www.nadzproject.com/en/Products/detail/3220/noPlatform...

It's my only option though.I could import one from the UK or even US but with shipping and custom fees I'll be paying stupid money.This store I'm getting it from has a pretty decent record since they opened of getting new consoles in for launch day or at most a day or 2 after.They're officially licensed by Sony too,the only game store in Thailand to have that honour.But with the Switch,they've not even been told yet if they'll be getting any for launch.I presume from the initial 2 million batch,Thailand is way down in the list of importance.I can understand that,but my worry is if the Switch does continue to sell well and Nintendo can't keep up with demand,they may not be supplied any for months.I'll be in the UK at the end of August so maybe I'll need to wait till then.I'll be really disappointed if so.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic