Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,721 to 34,740 of 38,904

Delibheel

The funny part is that while they did say you would lose your cloud saves after ending your subscription, they never really said it would immediate.

People just assumed that

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

SpaceMonkey86

NEStalgia wrote:

Yeah physical discounts ending is mostly moving me to buy digital everything. No real advantage anymore. Except Switch where storage space for digital is still a problem. 12GB almost for VC4

I’m already 100% digital on PS4 because you can get a 2TB HDD for $100 (at least when I got it a couple years ago). But those microSDXC cards are still so expensive. Otherwise I would be all digital on Switch as well.

SpaceMonkey86

Tsurii

Heads-up for my fellow Europoors. Coolshop has the Starlink starter set for 63€
There's actually a UK version of the thing as well, if you wanna go through that, but they should ship across most European countries (pretty sure shipping should be free as well. It definitely is for Germany)

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

1UP_MARIO

@Yosheel people assumed but Nintendo could’ve explained better or get the message out to the gaming world clearer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

As gamers we never die. We always have spare 1ups here and there and everywhere

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Ralizah

@Yosheel This is what happens when Nintendo doesn't communicate clearly in the first place. We should have known how long cloud saves were maintained after a sub expires before the service ever went live.

With that said, I'm heartened by this news, and will likely sub now.

Ralizah

Delibheel

Well yes they totally miscomunicated it. But it's still amusing how "no specifics given" immediately equated to "the worst possible scenario must be true!" in the collective mind of the internet.

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

People were looking to crucify them on their witch hunts rather than give enough time to allow for all the information to release and offer a fair assessment.

We learned now that not only do they store your saves 6 months, but that Dead Cells has cloud saves, NBA 2K has cloud saves, and it's looking like even Dark Souls might have cloud saves, and we gained the ability to access our games and saves on any console, and deactivate our accounts online.

Not to say there wasn't legitimate points to take issue with. There definitely were. Phone app, lack of robust communications via party chat/messaging, and still a couple select games that need data stored server side (since they're correct in omitting them from the cloud backups, they're just wrong for not working out a viable alternative solution). These issues definitely deserve an outcry, for our sakes.

But this info coming out just shows how overly zealous people were, although Nintendo should have been managing their message better.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU, No More Heroes, Diablo 3, Dark Souls
Wii U: Fire Emblem 7 [GBA]
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

EvilLucario

Goes to show how crazy some people are in their never-ending crusade against Nintendo.

That said the blame lies with both Nintendo and over-zealous complainers.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

-Green-

It’s super common for people to assume the absolute worst, despite many things being actually better than they otherwise believe.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

Microsoft are following Nintendo with the Fortnite console bundle idea.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Microsoft are following Nintendo with the Fortnite console bundle idea.

Denied twice..... I'm sad. Although, upgrading to an S isn't quite as outlandish as just buying a second Switch. But it's still pricey. And an X is more of a true upgrade.

Hopefully they bundle it with something else a few months later. They did it with the “Royale Bomber“ skin that came with a PS4.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Once again Nintendo does things in a normal way, and Nintendo's fumbling PR makes them look like they're behind, while everyone publicly defines them through that lens.

Someday. Someday I have this imagined hope that Nintendo will learn that endless silence on all things doesn't actually help them.

@MilkBone I hear ya. I was really considering it, but I'm doing it by size. Dark Souls at 4GB can be digital. VC4 at 12 can't be. I upgraded my almost maxed (with no digital retail games beyond Kart, Pokken, Arms, and Splatoon!) to a 256 recently....but it'll fill fast. I would have bought a 400GB but the slow ones are still expensive and the fast ones are as expensive as the console, so that's a no go. Maybe I'll go more digital and start swapping SD cards like game cards. One for "normal use" and one for "a dozen or so retail games on one card." But for now, I think it's still going to have to be physical for anything over 6GB or so (other than Smash, special exception for NIntendo online focused games.)

@Yosheel To be fair, omitting information is usually the corporate methodology of sidestepping direct backlash for negative implications. 90% of the time if a company doesn't specify something it's because it's the worst possible scenario and they'd like to avoid drawing attention to it by blatantly ignoring it.

Only Nintendo does things the right way and goes out of their way to make it look like they didn't

NEStalgia

link3710

@Cobalt Complaining didn't do a thing. They didn't just whirl around on their policy, it was said from the start that it would be stored for some time after the lapse, we just didn't know how much. You're way overestimating the power of random message board users. Nintendo just sucks at communicating basic facts.

link3710

gcunit

Ralizah wrote:

I'm heartened by this news, and will likely sub now.

@Ralizah - space going on my family group, £5 per head. Jus' sayin'

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

@gcunit I'm American, so I doubt I could join your group, unfortunately.

Ralizah

JaxonH

South Park Stick of Truth also released today!

As did Arena of Valor!

And obviously, the aforementioned Valkyria Chronicles 4.

3 great games on one day. I don't think anyone even mentioned the other 2 at all.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU, No More Heroes, Diablo 3, Dark Souls
Wii U: Fire Emblem 7 [GBA]
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

gcunit

@Ralizah One of your compatriots joined my group earlier today.

Ralizah

@gcunit That's about $7 in my currency. I'm interested. I guess I'll email you.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

gcunit

@Ralizah I write you a lovely explanatory reply, but it got lost when I submitted it. But now you've emailed me anyway, so I've sent you an invite to that address. Accept it by clicking the link and logging in to your Nintendo Account when it redirects you. I'll send you a Paypal link to pay the £5 in a separate email now.

IceClimbers

@JaxonH To be fair, Stick of Truth was "announced" in their financial reports and then wasn't given a more proper announcement and release date until like a week ago or so. Can't really talk about it much if you don't know it's there lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic