Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 34,701 to 34,720 of 37,772

Switchcraft

@toiletduck Well, I have an audio DAC very close that supports Bluetooth. It could be that Bluetooth is active in the background, even when shut off. But even if, it belongs there... Hmm, maybe I will try moving it somewhere else temporarily and see if that helps. Cheers!

Gameplay matters.

shadow-wolf

@Switchcraft Did you try restarting the Switch and downloading the latest updates for the Joy Con? That might help perhaps.

shadow-wolf

NEStalgia

It's kind of nuts this October. Last year with Switch I was all piled up games I didn't even know I wanted (and probably shouldn't have wanted) just because they were Switch. Then I got into X1 and ended up buying the last decade+ of video games I wanted on various sales. And now this October all THREE platforms are being inundated with tons of games in franchises I love. With a backlog of around 150-200 games, I really could just skip the entire next generation and still have new games to play in 8 years. (And lets fact it, half the next generation will be these same games rereleased if industry trend is anything to go on )

@JaxonH "There are enough games releasing now that virtually anyone can find a nice, plump handful of ones that interest them to munch on."

Where's Heavy Metal F.A.K.K.2? Where's Rune? Where's SiN? These games are ancient but they're nowhere on Switch. They can run, but what third party will put games on a failed Nintendo system? </troll>

NEStalgia

Delibheel

Where's Viva Piñata?

Huh, huuh?

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

link3710

So apparently Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night are coming... to PS4 only. Usually I don't complain about that, but man does it feel like a missed opportunity. I was super pumped after the Smash announcement to play them, only to realize it wasn't happening on Switch. Maybe once/if I finally get a PS4...

And I just realized how powerful Mario Tennis Aces is. We may complain about it (rightfully) a lot here, but I just played it with two people who's Nintendo experience was limited to the DS (in tabletop mode no less, finally got use from that cause the TV there was broken, it's really good). They're both fully in on getting a Switch now, with Mario Tennis Aces topping their wish list. It really is a system seller for some people it seems.

link3710

PikPi

Wonder if anything will interest me in October for Switch. I guess there's Mario party but I don't see myself really playing it that much. World ends with you might be one, though.

Edited on by PikPi

PikPi

EvilLucario

@link3710 I've said this over and over but Mario Tennis is honestly a fantastic game. While there are some customization problems for local play, at the end of the day it's a tennis game, there isn't much more to expect from that, especially since people drew erroneous comparisons to GBC and GBA Mario Tennis which were pretty much just tennis matches for its single-player dressed up as some RPG. It's a novelty but adventure mode in Aces took things a bit further with its more unique bosses compared to GBC and GBA Mario Tennis. Aces' adventure mode isn't stellar, but it's honestly more interesting than what they did in the handheld games.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

OorWullie

Mario Tennis is fantastic! It's given me exactly what I wanted from a tennis game, fast exciting gameplay, online tournaments with easy to find opponents and great graphics.When you're matched with an evenly matched opponent it provides some of the most intense action I've ever had in a sports game. I wish it had a couple of extra stadiums and had a tournament featuring courts from the adventure mode, plus an option to play a full set online but other than that, it's perfect. I was never really interested in the adventure mode to begin with so even if it had been deeper, I probably still wouldn't have bothered with it.

65 hours logged so far and all but 5 of them have been spent playing Simple rules.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@link3710 That's Konami logic for you! Pure and simple.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

OorWullie

I wouldn't rule out the Castlevania remasters just yet, there's been no official announcement. With Simon Belmont added to SSBU I reckon there's a good chance it will come to Switch. Konami are skint and going by the success Capcom are having with their old games they'd be mad to skip Switch. That said, it is Konami!

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

@link3710
That leaked a while back.

Said Castlevania would be PS4 only thanks to another one of Sony's "We'll pay you to not release on other platforms... oh Switch is too successful and you'll miss out on too much money? Well let us pay you to not release until after it comes to PS4 and we trick everyone into thinking it's the only version that'll be released" maneuvers. (seriously, anyone still denying they operate by paying money for 3rd party games to NOT come to other platforms is in denial).

But fret not. It was also leaked that it's definitely coming to Switch. It just won't be announced until around the time it releases on PS4. You know, the ol' Crash/Spyro trick.

It's the boy who cried wolf. Over and over and over, making it seem they're the only ones getting a game. And time and again, these games get announced for Switch. Don't buy into it... They're coming. Konami's just getting paid to help trick people into buying a version they don't really prefer. Otherwise they'd announce at the same time.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

FragRed

@OorWullie Konami are skint? Why are you saying that? I thought they were making huge amounts of money outside the gaming industry?

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

link3710

@EvilLucario Yeah, I adore the game myself, so much playtime logged, I just wish it had certain additional features. Just had forgotten how much of a system seller it could be to someone who isn't so jaded about it as I am.

Introducing a new match type to adventure in the latest patch to adventure helped significantly, though. If we'd had the Ring Shot challenge and one more spread out throughout the story mode, I think it would have felt a little more varied. Three mission types just weren't enough variety. The bosses were fantastic though, I still replay those occasionally.

link3710

link3710

@JaxonH Thanks for that good news! I'm thoroughly used to it with Activision now (I'm not even considering getting Spyro on any other platform other than Switch at this point), but it hadn't occurred to me Sony might pull a timed exclusive for something like Castlevania. I guess it makes sense though, with the Smash buzz...

link3710

RR529

Huh, they just awarded another Switch package on the Price is Right today (that's two in one week).

This one had only one console though, and was paired with ARMS, Lego Marvel Superheroes, Minecraft Story Mode, and Monopoly.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

link3710

@RR529 ...at least you can sell Monopoly. Still, that's some good advertising for Nintendo, I wonder if they're actually supporting this or if it's just because the Switch is a hot item at the moment.

link3710

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Weird thing is how often it's only Switch they pay to exclude, with X1 also being included. But yeah, I don't mind "timed exclusives" but "timed exclusive discussion about" is a whole other thing. I still wonder how much of DQXI's "adult reasons" for delay on Switch was due to technical problems, and how much was due to "oh Sony paid us so we don't even have to start spending money on Switch for years!" I'm also starting to believe that whatever special cozy relationship S-E and Sony have enjoyed for decades has shattered in a million pieces with the sudden all at once "the entire FF back catalog since the mid 90's is now coming out everywhere all in 12 months! reveal.

@link3710 still not sure about Spyro it's been up for XBox preorder for ages. But of course Switch is Sony's target. OTOH if it's like Crash the visuals will suffer more than they actually should on Switch

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@RR529 I've always presumed Price is Right prizes are fully sponsored.

NEStalgia

misanthrope

@link3710 Aces is the epitome of excellent gameplay... I remember when the game was first announced I was pissed.. this was around the beginning of the year when hardly anything had been announced for the year except like Octopath with no release date yet, and I was expecting something big to be announced at this time..
And Aces was the big announcement... oh the disappointment... a Mario Tennis game? Thats it? The hell if I think that's worth $60.
Demo comes out
I play that s*** for like 8 hours straight... literally have to make myself stop and go to bed.
Anxious for release to play it again
Happily pay $60
Will never doubt another Mario sports game

misanthrope

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
We'll never know most the stuff that happens behind the scenes. What we observe is probably just the tippity top of the iceburg though. You might not be able to see the wind, but you know it's there cause you can feel it blowing.

I imagine Square Enix, at this point, realizes there's a LOT of money on the table with Switch. Sony can't afford to make deals over every single game and pay for exclusive privilege, even temporarily. The more successful Switch becomes, the higher that price will need to be, and the more it's gonna cost em each time, and the more games that are gonna need to be prevented from releasing day and date. Which will cost even more money.

People have caught on-
you can only fool us so many times. So I say have at er. Wanna keep wasting money, go for it. But people are wising up to this practice.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic