Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,381 to 31,400 of 70,001

Spoony_Tech

@JaxonH I would honestly be happy with fallout 3, New Vegas, or 4 and Bioshock trilogy and I'm a happy camper. I wouldn't need anymore backlog stuff.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

I hope every high quality 360 era game gets ported to Switch basically.

Mass Effect and Bioshock Trilogies especially.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

Looking back at the January and March Directs, the only games from those Directs without a precise release date at this point are:

3DS

• Luigi's Mansion
  • Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Switch

• Dark Souls Remastered
  • Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

I don't see it being simultaneous. Surely they need to finish the game, then hand it over to be ported. Can't see them delaying release just to wait for the Switch port to be ready.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Spoony_Tech

@gcunit I pretty sure they have some Panic Button employees working side by side with the team creating the game. They won't give a release date till all versions are most likely ready.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

gcunit

@Spoony_Tech I won't be getting my hopes up, but that would set a great precedent if it were so.

Ralizah

@FragRed Cool interview. 60fps is a total unrealistic expectation for a game like this on Switch. If it runs at a solid 30 and doesn't experience big resolution dips, it'll be an absolute triumph of a conversion. And they'll most definitely be getting my money if the Switch version launches alongside, or in the same approximate release window as the other versions.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

skywake

FragRed wrote:

@Octane I assume someone at Nintendo did the accounts on costs and came to the conclusion that even if initial investment in R&D was to be high, the long term benefits from not having to pay for license fees etc would more than cover it. At least, I hope that’s what happened otherwise I scratch my head.

Pretty much. It does make me wonder what will happen with Netflix but. My understanding is that some titles on Netflix have a DD soundtrack. Will these still come through as PCM?

Not that it matters given I'll never use a Switch Netflix for that. But still. I'm curious how they handled that on Wii U.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

subpopz wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I would honestly be happy with fallout 3, New Vegas, or 4 and Bioshock trilogy and I'm a happy camper.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I hope every high quality 360 era game gets ported to Switch basically.
Mass Effect and Bioshock Trilogies especially.

While these would be great to have, I think it's settling for less. Bethesda and Panic Button have shown multiple times whats actually possible on Switch and are now planning a simultaneous release for a brand new Doom. They've set the bar high; a lot higher than just settling for ports of last gen.

I don't necessarily disagree, but it isn't like those series have anything more relevant or newer to port to the Switch anyway. Also, I like the Switch being used as a 360 port machine, it's good for games to get a new audience, especially if they're really great. Disproves the idiotic "MUST MAKE A PROFIT IN 2 WEEKS OR IT'S A FAILURE FOREVER" logic some game companies try to use.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

rallydefault

Bioshock on Switch would be awesome. Might even get me to actually play all of the 2nd and 3rd ones lol

rallydefault

Kimyonaakuma

I know this is a slight change of subject but I don't want to open a new thread and have it immediately shut down

Anyway, has anyone tried Battle Chef Brigade? It's on sale and looks promising but I was looking to see what people thought of it. Any opinions are appreciated!

Kimyonaakuma

gcunit

@Kimyonaakuma You could try the Switch recommendations thread, or, if there isn't already a specific thread for the game, then you have our permission to start one.

gamer1000k

A few weeks ago I almost bought a Switch (ordered it on Amazon and then cancelled it at the last minute before it shipped).

The reason? A complete lack of any sort of standard online features that we've had since the Wii (web browser, Netflix, Virtual Console, etc). When I stepped back and looked at the big picture, what I really want is a portable all-in-one console for travelling. However, with these puzzling limitations I would have to bring another tablet-sized device (not to mention the other hardware issues the Switch has).

Also, for the time being the only Switch game that I'm really interested in is Breath of the Wild (which also happens to be on Wii U) so I might as well get it on that console (and have the ability to also back up my save).

Overall, I really like the concept of the Switch, and really hope Nintendo fixes these issues in the next revision, but right now it's missing too many features and has too many other small issues for me to want to get one right now.

gamer1000k

Alber-san

Why does everyone want to backup saves so desperately? I appreciate the feature but I've never had the need to use it on any console. Do people break their consoles easily?

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

FX102A

@Alber-san Sometimes save files can just become corrupted or you may accidentally delete it. Its happened to my Vita at least once. Its one of those things you prepare for in the hope it'll never happen.

FX102A

Grumblevolcano

It's going to be nice seeing more info on the Torna DLC next week via those Gamescom videos.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@ReaderRagfish The difference here though is all games save to the system. If you lose said system or somehow bricks your saved data will still be in the cloud and can continue when and if you get a new one.

Ive lost all my data on my 3ds on a system transfer before. 1000's of hours just gone.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

GameOtaku

@Spoony_Tech
At least on 3ds you can manually back up on a PC, which if you don't have easily available Internet access could be a great thing!

GameOtaku

Spoony_Tech

@GameOtaku Oddly that's how my data got corrupted.

MERG said:

JaxonH

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@GameOtaku Oddly that's how my data got corrupted.

Lol lol... sorry I don't mean to laugh at your misfortune, it's just... that's really freaking ironic lol

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic