Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 31,401 to 31,420 of 69,992

Haruki_NLI

Happened to me too. 3DS SD Card lost all its data.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

Saving games to the cloud is just super convenient, and honestly is worth the price of the service on its own. I'd have never let my PS+ lapse if it had a cheaper tier for cloud saves and discounts or something. I never play the included games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Therad

gamer1000k wrote:

A few weeks ago I almost bought a Switch (ordered it on Amazon and then cancelled it at the last minute before it shipped).

The reason? A complete lack of any sort of standard online features that we've had since the Wii (web browser, Netflix, Virtual Console, etc). When I stepped back and looked at the big picture, what I really want is a portable all-in-one console for travelling. However, with these puzzling limitations I would have to bring another tablet-sized device (not to mention the other hardware issues the Switch has).

Also, for the time being the only Switch game that I'm really interested in is Breath of the Wild (which also happens to be on Wii U) so I might as well get it on that console (and have the ability to also back up my save).

Overall, I really like the concept of the Switch, and really hope Nintendo fixes these issues in the next revision, but right now it's missing too many features and has too many other small issues for me to want to get one right now.

If those functions are that important, I think you will be better off with a tablet or one of those ultraportable laptops. Or an high-end phone for that matter, many of them have screens that are almost as big as the switch screen.

Therad

Grumblevolcano

I lost 3DS and Wii data because of having to send in for repair, twice for 3DS and once for Wii. Knowing that I'd lose 3DS data a 3rd time is why I'd rather buy a new New 3DS XL and do a transfer than send my current one in to repair the buttons that aren't working properly.

Meanwhile since owning a 360 in 2009, I have only lost any Xbox data once and that was transferring my 360 save of Tomb Raider Underworld to XB1. Cloud saves act weird if you don't have the same content installed so the fact Microsoft hadn't brought the DLC (Beneath the Ashes and Lara's Shadow) to the backwards compatibility version at the same time as the base game led to the cloud save being overwritten.

I have no doubt that preventing save data corruption is at least one of the reasons why the Switch forces you to redownload all content (updates and DLC) if you decide to play a game after deleting it so something like my Tomb Raider Underworld example would never happen on Switch.

EDIT: Seems all my Tomb Raider 360 saves are gone.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

zitpig

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

Happened to me too. 3DS SD Card lost all its data.

Yep, me too. Lost 100s of hours from Animal Crossing New Leaf and countless hours from loads of other games.

zitpig

TuVictus

The boyfriend got me dead cells, I'm happy I get to be a part of the current craze over the game. Only been a few minutes but I can already tell the gameplay is refined extremely well, just by how the character handles

TuVictus

Octane

@MisterPi Dead Cells is next on my wishlist! I'm currently playing Minit on Switch. Thinking of getting Dead Cells on PS4 though. How is the frame rate?

Octane

Therad

Octane wrote:

@MisterPi Dead Cells is next on my wishlist! I'm currently playing Minit on Switch. Thinking of getting Dead Cells on PS4 though. How is the frame rate?

Is minit good? It sounds interesting if nothing else.

Therad

Octane

@Therad It's pretty decent so far. 2D Zelda, but with less focus on combat, and a time limit. It's mostly exploration, finding and gathering new items, opening new paths, and helping NPCs. I'm enjoying it, and it was only €10, so I can't really complain.

Octane

gcunit

Wasn't sure which thread to put this in, as it's pretty watery speculation, but I've just finished watching the Smash U direct from last week for the first time.

Overall the Direct was great, but two 'connected' moments stuck out to me as possible hints at something. Now, my experience of speculation about these supposed 'hints' that Nintendo may or may not sometimes employ are that about 99% of the time they turn out to be baloney, but...

Did anyone else notice these two moments in the Direct?

Untitled

This first one being what seemed to be a prolonged focus on the Galaxy warp star item;

Untitled

And this second one seeming to be a prolonged pause and then deliberate Mario Galaxy stage selection.

So... basically... what I'm trying to say is...

Super Mario Galaxy HD/Super Mario Galaxy 3 confirmed!!!11!

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Kimyonaakuma

@gcunit I hope so! I would be happy with just the first game but 2 or a new game would also be amazing!

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

The official Dark Souls twitter announced Dark Souls Remastered Switch and the amiibo for October 19th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

toiletduck

@gcunit @MisterPi I'd cry with you. This would SO help me through winter with basically no other releases needed.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Ryu_Niiyama

Dark souls...why you gotta launch on 10/19? I was trying to save money this year! Sigh.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

I love how Smash turns otherwise rational people into the sort of conspiratorial nutters you'd expect to be looking for the latest clues from QAnon about the movement to take down the globalist cabal.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

gcunit

@Ralizah Who you callin' rational bruh?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

EvilLucario

The NL comments section is anything but rational.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic