Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 20,321 to 20,340 of 70,001

electrolite77

OorWullie wrote:

@electrolite77 Agreed I've been playing FIFA since the original FIFA Soccer on Megadrive arrived back in 93. I've put more hours into this series than any other so like you, I know what I'm talking about unlike some of those reviewers .If the game disappointed I'd be on here saying so but it doesn't, far from it. It plays a very good game of football for sure. Compared to FIFA 13 on Wii U it's like night and day. It feels modern, the games flow brilliantly, it looks fantastic on the handheld and I've no doubt it will be one of my most played games this gen.

40 hours I've put in so far. I just play Online Seasons and Career which has advanced a lot since I last played that mode. Just started my second season.

It gets a solid 8/10 from me. Great game.

Totally agree. I think it not being on the same engine as other versions gave wannabes critics a nice easy handle to hang their moans off. If they'd have played the last few FIFA's they'd have known that Frostbite adds very little but slightly better collision physics and graphical frippery, and does nothing at all to improve A.I. On FIFA 17 for example, the speed imbalance was all wrong. Against a CPU played it was too easy to run past players. The Switch game actually deals with that better.

In terms of the actual game of football, in both single and two-player, it's spot on. It's also light years ahead of the Wii U version (which was good but now left behind in Nintendo terms) or the Vita version (the last good portable football game).

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Inertiacreep

Snaplocket wrote:

@skywake I wouldn't 25-30 million lifetime sales would be that bad. I mean, the N64 and Sega Genesis sold just over 30 million and bot of those consoles are widely huge successes.

You have to consider there was like 2 billion less people in the world back then.

Inertiacreep

FragRed

@kobashi100 Wow, so now it really is just EA whom are unsure about the future support. Though if they are going to stick loot boxes and micro transactions in their games then I really don't care.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

link3710

Capcom's announced my #1 most wanted game series from them on the Switch? They're back in my good books again. Or at least my 'Not-as-bad-as-EA-and-Konami' books. If we get XX in the west and the next MH is back on Switch, then we'd be really talking.

link3710

Pazzo-TheFool

Ace Attorney on the Switch.

Here. We. Go.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

MFD

It's a good start on Capcom's part, but they've still a ways to go.

MFD

Pazzo-TheFool

@UmniKnight They could turn it into 3DS 2 and it'll be great.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

link3710

@Caldorosso-E I mean, we've got:
A street fighter port at launch
Monster Hunter XX
Ace Attourney Confirmed
Resident Evil Revelations Collection

That's... basically their entire support for the 3DS already here or confirmed. Only thing missing is Megaman Legacy Collection.

link3710

gcunit

electrolite77 wrote:

In terms of the actual game of football, in both single and two-player, it's spot on. It's also light years ahead of the Wii U version

Could you cite some examples? Other than the set pieces being more interesting, I'm really not seeing much difference in gameplay.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MFD

@Caldorosso-E Question is, will they actually? I'm still very baffled that Capcom was so slow in the up-take. A lot of thirds are moving in for Switch and they're looking like slowpokes in comparison. Until I see an MH, on Switch, localized here in the West, (since MH is all I care for from them) they can go spin around on a Ferris Wheel until the end of time

MFD

Spoony_Tech

@link3710 Don't forget Disney Afternoon.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

link3710

@Spoony_Tech As much as I want that game, it never came to 3DS so it didn't make my list.

link3710

JaxonH

I can do without the Disney and Mega Man. I mean I'll take em, but they're 30 year old games. A drop in the bucket as far as retro games are concerned.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH They're fantastic games, and I would absolutely love being able to play them on the go. They really need to come over. They're PERFECT for the Switch.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

That's probably includes a MHXX localization then but they won't mention it until February/March because of World.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@MegaTen It's still a bit mind-boggling that they're not on the system already, considering how invested hardcore Nintendo fans are in retro and nostalgic experiences. Like, I get not releasing something like Dragon's Dogma or Resi 7, but the Disney Afternoon Collection? Mega Man?! Sometimes it seems like Capcom doesn't understand the market at all.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
They are fantastic games. My profile even talks about MegaMan 3 being my first game ever.

But they're still games we've all bought and played more times than we have fingers and toes for not just years, but decades.

With that in mind, they're not something that terribly upsets me by not coming. Ya like I said I want em, but when I see people ranting about them and truly upset, I can't help but think... why are you so upset? You probably own it on Wii U, on Wii, on 3DS, on NES/SNES classic, on actual NES/SNES, on PC, etc. And can now also obtain on PS4 or X1.

Not to say I don't want them on Switch... But if I'm gonna start sweating games skipping Switch, it's probably not gonna be those

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MFD

@JaxonH "And can now also obtain on PS4 or X1." I don't know about you, but I don't have the finances to support more than my Switch and PC.

MFD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic