Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 19,361 to 19,380 of 69,981

TuVictus

With the way people talk about him, he pretty much is the mob boss of Nintendo. It seems that if he personally doesn't approve of something, it won't happen. Which is both neat but also very frustrating.

TuVictus

NaviAndMii

You certainly don't want Miyamoto-san's 'Consigliere' - Yoshiaki Koizumi - knocking on your door...

Untitled

...guy looks bad ass!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Gilgamesh

I just Got a the Nintendo Switch
I have a question
Does the Screen on Switch comes with a screen protector
that i have to peel off i dont see anyone on mine?

Edited on by Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

gcunit

@Gilgamesh Congrats. No screen protector on it when packaged though. You should get your own.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Inertiacreep

@Gilgamesh yes you need to get one. get the Nintendo screen protector and be very careful with your Switch until you get it... like I wouldnt even use it until you get one and DO NOT put it in and out the dock because these screens are plastic and scratch VERY easily... even the rubber stoppers in the dock will scratch it.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Azooooz

Gentlemen, we have another Game of the Year contender: Super Mario Odyssey.

NL: 10/10
Gamespot: 10/10
USGamer: 5/5
Eurogamer: Essential

Metacritic: Avg. 97.5/100 of 44 Reviews

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

NaviAndMii

Breath of the Wild gets a whole boat-load of 10's despite having fairly major performance issues at launch - now Odyssey is drowning in 10's despite most reviewers being able to find fault with it...the world's gone mad - MAD I tell ya!

I can kind of accept it with Nintendo Life's reviews, as anything above '9.5' would round-up to a 10 with their scoring system, leaving a little 'wiggle room' for minor issues - but, for the more 'precise' scoring systems (eg. 0-100 or 0.0-10.0) the top score should be reserved for absolute, faultless perfection - choppy frame-rates, lack of challenge, poor camera etc are all good reasons to knock off a percentile or two, surely??

Ah well, it's the content of said reviews that really matters I suppose - and the near-unanimous verdict seems to be that Odyssey, like BotW before it, is super-super-fun - maybe it is a GotY contender after all?? ..seems to me that a second horse just joined the Zelda-led one-horse race - and it's catching fast!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Azooooz

Isn't there suppose to be a shareholder meeting this month? I think I forgot.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Ryu_Niiyama

@Azooooz They might as well as walk in and say "It prints money! Meeting adjourned. No Q&A."

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

@NaviAndMii No game is perfect. If that was the standard, a 10 would never be awarded to anything.

Who is saying the camera is faulty or that the framerate is choppy? DF's analysis indicated that, aside from a few busy areas that cause it to stutter slightly, the game almost always runs at a smooth 60 fps.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NaviAndMii

@Ralizah IGN said the default camera is a bit dodgy - and the frame-rate thing I was referring to was in the vanilla Breath of the Wild release (often dipped to 15fps, which I found pretty jarring) ..only minor things in the grand scheme of things - but 100% should be without fault in my eyes (no need for a patch) - how reviewers can list minor faults and not peak their score at 99% as a consequence is just a little confusing to me, that's all! ..but, like I say, I'm more interested in the actual content of the review than the 'score' per se - as a guide though, I guess there's little difference between 99 and 100% - they both scream 'GREAT!' ..just a little niggle of mine regarding scoring in general!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

GrailUK

7 new NEOGEO games incoming! (God bless you Hamster!) Art of Fighting 3, Street Hoop, Fighter's Destiny, Soccer Brawl (YES!), World Heroes, Top Hunter Roddy and Cathy and ulp...at last...The Last Blade (WOOHOO!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ralizah

@NaviAndMii When you see a 10, the reviewer isn't saying: "this game is perfect in all ways, shapes, and forms."' The reviewer is instead saying: "This game is so excellent that whatever faults it might have are completely overshadowed by how wonderful the experience is as a whole."

Anyway, as you said, the content of the review is what matters. Games like TLOU and BotW got huge streaks of 10/10 reviews, but that doesn't mean both games don't have (pretty vocal) detractors. A game getting a high score doesn't mean anything unless you share the exact same standards and opinions as the reviewer in question.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

FX102A

Woah!

Did anyone's else's come with the card in the top left inside the case? For a second I thought they had forgot to pack it!!!!

Be still be excessively beating heart!

FX102A

GrailUK

@FX102A You sure the cover isn't upside down?

Joeynator3000

Yay! They fixed the audio issue! ish happy again, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Pazzo-TheFool

Can we agree to no SMO spoilers here? Even so, I'm going to dissapear until I get my copy.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Ryu_Niiyama

@GrailUK I just want to KEEP some of my paycheck.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Pazzo-TheFool

@Ryu_Niiyama People say Nintendo should have Steam-like sales.

They are pure evil.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

GrailUK

@Ryu_Niiyama I know. I have taken to walking the streets to find a diner that has it's condiments on the table. Order a cup of boiling water and make a rudimentary soup when the waitress isn't looking.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic