Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,341 to 14,360 of 70,067

Forest

You guys sure write lots of stuff I think it's best to say whatever floats your boat.

Edited on by Forest

Forest

OorWullie

For me,there is one announcement that would top all others and that would be SEGA announcing that they've teamed up with Hamster to bring loads of their back catalogue to Switch.From Master System all the way to Dreamcast with Arcade classics in between.But unlike Hamster's Neo Geo releases,these will also have online mutliplayer added,at least where appropriate.If nothing new comes out of this E3 other than that and the titles we already know of,I'll still be on here calling it the "Best E3 Ever!".

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

IceClimbers

So it's looking like the Spotlight might only be around 25 minutes.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

Frosty_09 wrote:

... wait a minute, is that you @PanurgeJr ?

dont get my hopes up for a game that will never happen

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryu_Niiyama

Please let Kamiya be dropping an actual hint for once. I'm going to have to call out sick next week aren't I?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

PanurgeJr

@kkslider5552000 It is, but if you follow Kamiya on Twitter you would know that he's just having fun and that it means nothing concrete. He also liked it when I told him I wanted a new game that used the Bayonetta amiibo I'd pre-ordered.

PanurgeJr

skywake

The odd thing about the obsession with the length of the direct is how meaningless it all is. I've watched E3 shows before that dragged on for well over and hour and had almost nothing of substance. But at the same time videos like this exist where in in under 2mins they run through dozens of titles.

And lets not forget that with the traditional E3 format most of the press conference is taken up by on-stage demos. A good half of it if not more. They also only really talked to us at E3 so they couldn't save something for a later date. Ten years ago we probably wouldn't know about Super Mario Odyssey yet.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

skywake

Frosty_09 wrote:

We can yell at Nintendo all we want but it's not going to change their plans. I'm just going to take a wait and see approach on this and let Nintendo be the ones to prove if they can deliver in a shorter time frame. If it disappoints, too bad. If it exceeds, good for Nintendo and hooray for us.

I guess that's the point I was trying to make. The fact that it's "only" 30mins doesn't really tell us much. They could potentially show almost nothing during that time if they pad it out with gameplay, developer interviews, discussion of services and so on. On the other hand they could churn through trailers like it's going out of style, not spend a lot of time on Arms/Splatoon and show us quite a lot.

And lets be honest here, what would actually make it a successful show? A lot of new content or a couple of big announcements? All they need is 2mins for a trailer of something like Bayonetta 3, Metroid, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4 or an exciting new IP. A handful of minutes could be all the time needed to melt the forum servers.

edit: The post I quoted was deleted after I posted this BTW, that's why I've double posted

Edited on by skywake

JoyBoy

"You have questions to answer because you owe us nothing!"

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

StuTwo

rallydefault wrote:

Back to what matters: Bubsy. And will it come to the Switch?

Another 3rd Party Release that looks likely to skip the Switch :/.

At least Busby fans will be able to create a character that looks like a knock off Busby in Sonic Forces (which is, of course, ironic because Sonic was a knock off Busby in the first place...). The cannon name for the game should be "Busby & Coldsteel Forces".

Seriously it's slightly odd but it highlights something about the reality for smaller developers and publishers. In an era where Steam (and the PS4 to a lesser extent) have thousands of decent and hundreds of good games available in just about every genre, even a widely ridiculed brand like Busby or Shaq Fu attached to a good game can grab enough media attention to make it stand out.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Haruki_NLI

@StuTwo Sonic came first

I don't mind if this skips Switch.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MarcelRguez

@Ralizah @kkslider5552000 I guess I didn't think of it that way, you're both right. Not many studios make games in the same vein as Nintendo titles, and they do seem to be getting a bit more ambitious than during the Wii U days.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

OorWullie

That's mad,I was just thinking about Bubsy the other day after reading about that indie game with 2 cats.I tried to come up with a Bubsy related joke but couldn't think of one.2 days later he's back with a new game.

Back in the day,my mate kept going on at me about how Bubsy was going to be better than Sonic.I wasn't buying the hype,I had a feeling it was going to be crap but he wouldn't listen.I had a good laugh at him when after he bought it he told me it was indeed crap.Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind was a great name though.

I wonder who's next for a comeback?I'd love a new Chuck Rock.That was the game I bought along with my Megadrive that came bundled with Greendog and Sonic.

Edited on by OorWullie

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

JaxonH

The only way this e3 will disappoint me is if we don't get a Monster Hunter localization announcement, or see no mention of Fire Emblem.

Around the neck of those 2 games hang all my expectations. Xenoblade 2 is just as important but, even with a delay it's guaranteed by next year, while Fire Emblem could potentially be pushed back to 2019.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FGPackers

Meanwhile it's just 4 (LONG) days...i can't deal with it!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

skywake

I thought you guys were joking about Bubsy but I just googled it and....

Untitled

It is still a joke however

Edited on by skywake

StuTwo

@BLP_Software I know. I just thought I'd leave that line hanging as bait for Sonic fans. Obviously Sonic came first but Busby pretty much perfected the formula...

OorWullie wrote:

I wonder who's next for a comeback?I'd love a new Chuck Rock.That was the game I bought along with my Megadrive that came bundled with Greendog and Sonic.

In my childhood mind Chuck Rock was somehow part of the Bonk series. I don't think I ever ended up playing any game in either series though - they were just games I'd see pictures of in Mean Machines.

If Hudson hadn't been absorbed into the Borg-like collective of Konami then Bonk would have been a good bet for a revival. There was actually an aborted Wiiware attempt at Bonk apparently.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Haruki_NLI

I seriously doubt XC2 will be delayed guys.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

rallydefault

@skywake
lol no joke, man! I remember playing those games at my friend's house. It was like the poor-man's Crash.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic