Forums

Topic: Dark Souls Remastered \[т]/

Posts 121 to 140 of 1,002

JaxonH

My brother said sometimes people would leave troll messages too. Saying a good weapon is down this corridor but it would actually be some killer enemy. Guess you could look for multiple blood stains to see if a bunch of people all died there- that would be a dead giveaway.

But ya, offline is how I'm gonna play. Don't wanna deal with being invaded and want to pause in sleep mode.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pho

I've never played a Souls game, but I watched both Bloodbourne and DS3 playthroughs. Looking forward to this, even though I'll suck horribly at it

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Dezzy

@JaxonH

Yep, there were messages like "It requires a leap of faith" right next to a ledge in my game. So I jumped off and it just kills you. People trolling.

But at the same time, I only found the Drake Sword because of a message too. That's a weapon you can find right at the beginning that makes the first half of the game a hell of a lot easier if you're struggling.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

JaxonH

@Dezzy
He liked it that way though. Makes it a risk/reward situation. You know something is there, but is it truth or a lie...

I imagine Nintendo gamers might be a little less trolly, just because the age demographic tends to skew older. I remember the messages in ZombiU were mostly legit.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MisterMan

To encourage helpful messages you get a "Humanity" if someone ranks your message positively. Humanity is good thing to have a lot of.

MisterMan

Pazzo-TheFool

I remember seeing a friend leave a helpful message only to slay someone trying to invade his world once. Help/hurt with each and everyone.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

JoyBoy

@Dezzy Are you warned about the fact someone invaded your game? How many people can join your world? I assume people can also aid you then if they were to be so nice. Otherwise it just seems like a troll feature for people to enter your world when you’re in a boss fight.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Zuljaras

I watched some gameplay of these games but I had no idea that you could grind or replay the game so much. I though it was linear and you just had to get to the end.

Then I saw people say they put 100+ hours and I was thinking it was because of the difficulty.

Now I have to get it day one!!!

roy130390

I can't wait to revisit Gwynevere and read the "amazing chest ahead" messages again. Those who played the first Dark Souls know what I'm talking about.

By the way, a little piece of advice: If it's your first playthrough and you don't plan to summon allies, play offline. There's some seriously nasty people (yup, including me) that are dying to welcome you to this game... If you see that you are still invaded, don't panic, those are just npcs that appear on specific occasions.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Powloon

@Zuljaras I'm pretty sure that I've spent 1000+ hours in the series. Including Bloodborne there. The replay value is amazing!

Edited on by Powloon

Powloon

erv

I never even played one of these and for the life of me can't find the concept explained anywhere. Is this like an rpg where you level to the next phase? Or more like monster Hunter where you yourself level in skill? Is this one of those permanent deaths games?

The online invaders thing, that sounds awesome - as well as the notes

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Alucard83

@AlternateButtons well i use on PC dsfix and i can get 60fps, but there are still some drops on my I7 cpu with 16gb and 1070gtx. Switch isn't near this so i do believe it's not really 60fps thing on Switch. But they could lower a lot of settings, but would lose the graphics... so 30fps with graphics as it should or lowered and 60fps... mmm choices

Alucard83

kkslider5552000

erv wrote:

I never even played one of these and for the life of me can't find the concept explained anywhere. Is this like an rpg where you level to the next phase? Or more like monster Hunter where you yourself level in skill? Is this one of those permanent deaths games?

...all of the above?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

erv

@kkslider5552000 lol epic reply

it sounds like a fun game...

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Dezzy

Spanjard wrote:

@Dezzy Are you warned about the fact someone invaded your game? How many people can join your world? I assume people can also aid you then if they were to be so nice. Otherwise it just seems like a troll feature for people to enter your world when you’re in a boss fight.

Yes it warns you and gives you a chance to get ready.
They can aid you during boss fights. And no they can't invade you during a boss fight.

erv wrote:

The best comparison I've thought of is that it's kinda like a 3D castlevania. That said, I haven't played any of the actual 3D castlevanias so I don't know how similar they are. But it very much reminds me of playing Symphony of the Night.
It also has a kind of Resident Evil vibe in how it creates a sense of unease about the danger of the environment around you. And no, it doesn't have permanent deaths. Except for the NPCs. If you kill any of them, they're gone for good.
The progression through the game consists of levelling your character's stats, finding better weapons and armour, and unlocking permanent shortcuts that make exploration quicker.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Powloon

Vinny wrote:

Is this game hard like people say it is? Never played it.

Well, it depends on how you play games. It just plays a little bit different. It's a smart game, and you have to be smart with it. Be tactical and have patience.

Powloon

JoyBoy

Yes it warns you and gives you a chance to get ready.
They can aid you during boss fights. And no they can't invade you during a boss fight.

@Dezzy Thank you for answering these questions. That actually makes a lot of sense. Can the one who’s doing the invading actually progress in a meaningful way? Do you get something out of it?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Qwertyninty

@Octane watched some gameplay and decided against it. I can tell it is not a game fore me. Hope it does well though.

Qwertyninty

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic