Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 461 to 480 of 1,779

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Octane wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Oh, and I don't think there will be a major retail release for the Wii U in April. I think we'll get the Smash DLC, Project Giant Robot, and Art Academy in April.

I honestly think Projects Giant Robot and Guard will merge into Star Fox U.

Ever since E3 Nintendo has listed the games separately. To merge the games this late, I'm not sure that would end well. I think we'll see them as separate releases; two smaller games to create some hype for Star Fox U.

The thing is though that since E3 we've had no information about any of them.

That's true for more Nintendo games, but I think that's more due to how Nintendo reveals their games than anything else. I could be wrong, but the two project games just seem too different to merge with Star Fox.

Octane

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Yoshi is still listed for spring 2015, so I expect some info on that. Also, there is no killer app for 3DS this holiday either, so I expect some Pokemon announcement.

Pokemon games typically aren't shown in Directs, main series Pokemon news is usually covered in Japanese magazine CoroCoro. Unless it's something huge (to give some examples, the announcement of XY which marked the beginning of 6th gen, the reveal of Fairy type, and the announcement of Pokemon Bank were all Direct announcements, everything else was mainly CoroCoro).

ORAS wasn't announced in CoroCoro. That was announced via a small teaser they decided to drop on the internet, most likely to silence the doom & gloom talk from the financial reports. I expect them to do the same this year.

This year probably isn't going to be as doom and gloom as last year though, so there's no need. Also, I'm not even sure we're getting a game this year.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Really weird that we haven't seen a Nintendo Direct announcement yet... Are they waiting until after Xenoblade 3D's release? Or are we just getting a Splatoon Direct in late April and then nothing until E3?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

derrickd95

IceClimbers wrote:

Really weird that we haven't seen a Nintendo Direct announcement yet... Are they waiting until after Xenoblade 3D's release? Or are we just getting a Splatoon Direct in late April and then nothing until E3?

They're probably waiting til Wednesday so that they can be jerks using April Fool's.

derrickd95

Twitter:

IceClimbers

derrickd95 wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

They're probably waiting til Wednesday so that they can be jerks using April Fool's.

That's when Mewtwo and the Miiverse/tourney update are coming (actually would be smart to do that in order to keep the server load down as nobody would believe it's out haha)

MsJubilee

Someone replace the March in the title with April,cause the direct ain't coming this month.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CrazyOtto

TwilightAngel wrote:

Someone replace the March in the title with April,cause the direct ain't coming this month.

I think it should just be changed to "Spring Nintendo Direct Predictions".

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Smash_kirby

Why not E3 predictions at this point?

Edited on by Smash_kirby

Smash_kirby

derrickd95

TwilightAngel wrote:

Could be Tuesday. Can't be sure until Monday evening.

derrickd95

Twitter:

LzWinky

How about sometime this century?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

nitrolink

Nintendo's fiscal year ends on March 31st, so they are obviously focused on sales right now. Hopefully they give us a presentation on April 1st or later. The third Xenoblade X Direct is probably on April 3rd. I am also very impatient right now.

Edited on by nitrolink

nitrolink

Bolt_Strike

Smash_kirby wrote:

There's too much they need to get out of the way before E3. Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Mario Maker have no confirmed release dates, and we're due for Mario Kart and Smash DLC soon. This next one is probably going to be the last major one before E3 though, because there's not much else to talk about at this point until they're ready to show off new games.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

There's too much they need to get out of the way before E3. Splatoon, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Mario Maker have no confirmed release dates, and we're due for Mario Kart and Smash DLC soon. This next one is probably going to be the last major one before E3 though, because there's not much else to talk about at this point until they're ready to show off new games.

There is Project Treasure and Devil's Third, though the former might be too early in development to show anything off yet and the latter they may be saving for E3 so that they can wow everybody with how improved it is compared to last year.

Grumblevolcano

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Smash_kirby wrote:

They could technically get away with not having a multi-game Direct at all before E3. Yoshi's Woolly World seems to be a late June release so they could focus on it at E3, also wasn't Mario Maker delayed to 2nd half of 2015? They could then have a Splatoon Direct in late April and have the Smash and MK8 DLC announced via social media and Youtube. Of course that's not what I want and it definitely would dampen the Nintendo hype for many.

Smash is an easy game to get people's hype reignited so starting off a Nintendo Direct next week with info about Mewtwo, Miiverse, tournaments and what other things are being included with the update (if any) would work perfectly.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

So now the "rumors" about the direct are gonna switch to next week, right?

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

Operative wrote:

Probably though for me a Direct next week is only a hope. I personally think next week is going to be a Japan Direct on Friday for Xenoblade X (given that the past 2 months it's been first Friday of the month) but nothing else.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CrazyOtto

My final predictions for a Spring Nintendo Direct:

• Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 details with final release date revealed
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X details
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3D details
  • A European release date for Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition
  • A European release date for Scribblenauts Unmasked
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary details
  • Rodea the Sky Soldier localization details including a release of the Wii version of the Wii U eShop
  • Collectible Badge Center for the Nintendo 3DS eShop outside of Japan
  • Ultimate NES Remix for Japan (with the title "Famicom Remix: Best Choice")
  • Nintendo 64 games for Wii U VC
  • eShop Sizzle Reel
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U's Miiverse Stage DLC details with release date
  • Details on Mewtwo for both 3DS and Wii U with a final release date
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U update that features Tournament mode and Share mode
  • Splatoon confirmed to get its own Direct in late April or early May

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

ricklongo

Operative wrote:

Heh, apparently.

At any rate, it's super frustrating. I wish I could just forget about it; it seems like that's exactly when these things tend to get announced.

Visit my gaming blog: http://www.gamingsweetgaming.blogspot.com

Listen to my music: https://themoonexpresso.bandcamp.com/

Switch Friend Code: SW-3317-3992-7696 | 3DS Friend Code: 1418-8121-5054 | My Nintendo: ricklongo | Nintendo Network ID: ricardolongo | Twitter:

MrGawain

Seeing we have a short week due to the Easter Holiday next week, you would think the Direct will either happen Monday, or were going to have to wait a fortnight for it. Seeing Xenoblade Chronicles N3DS is being released on Thursday (again due to Easter), I would say the week after is more likely. Unless they've got something to reveal which will cheer us up over the Zelda delay, which is unlikely.

Not that I've been thinking too much over it all.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

WebHead

I'd love one next week. Need something to talk about.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.