Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 481 to 500 of 1,779

TuVictus

Part of me hopes there's one planned after all the confusion of the NX/DeNA stuff and the sadness and disappointment of the Zelda delay. But I doubt it. It seems they're more worried with their own problems than placating us at the moment.

TuVictus

Geonjaha

Just let us know how badly you're messing everything up with DeNA Nintendo, so we can understand.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Blast

Yeah.... Next Direct will prolly just be for Smash, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CapeSmash

Blast wrote:

Sounds like 2013/2014 all over again.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Grumblevolcano

CapeSmash wrote:

Blast wrote:

Sounds like 2013/2014 all over again.

Yeah and the success depends on whether Sakurai puts aside his dislike of DLC to save Nintendo (the concept of whether Mewtwo is the end of DLC support for Smash)..

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Save Nintendo? From what?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Bolt_Strike

NintyMan wrote:

3DS might get some more games, you know...

People have just bought a New Nintendo 3DS or XL.

3DS has already exhausted most of Nintendo's IPs, I'm not so sure there's much left for it. I'm guessing any new game at this point is going to be shown off at E3.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

TingLz wrote:

From another year of there being nothing for several months. Sure there was the summer game drought last year between Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors but at least E3 brought about lots of hype as well as the Mercedes DLC for MK8 revealing all new possibilities of where their games could go such as the concept of having new stages and characters in Smash maybe happening.

The current situation sounds a bit too much like 2013's Wii U situation and all Nintendo needs to do is have a Direct to inform us that isn't the case (assuming jt isn't the case).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano wrote:

TingLz wrote:

From another year of there being nothing for several months. Sure there was the summer game drought last year between Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors but at least E3 brought about lots of hype as well as the Mercedes DLC for MK8 revealing all new possibilities of where their games could go such as the concept of having new stages and characters in Smash maybe happening.

The current situation sounds a bit too much like 2013's Wii U situation and all Nintendo needs to do is have a Direct to inform us that isn't the case (assuming jt isn't the case).

Considering that E3 this year is focusing on 2015 games, 2016 is starting to look like 2013.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Yellowtails wrote:

Hopefully, Nintendo is working on some unannounced games that will be released this year.

Why wouldn't they?

Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Yellowtails wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Hopefully, Nintendo is working on some unannounced games that will be released this year.

Why wouldn't they?

For all we know, those games might not even be released until 2016.

Then why would they limit themselves to 2015 games? They're a games company, if they don't have some kind of games to show off, they'll look foolish. God forbid if they were in this position (which is highly doubtful since they're a game company with dozens of different development teams constantly working on something), they would show us some 2016 games to get excited for.

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

Why wouldn't they?

For all we know, those games might not even be released until 2016.

Then why would they limit themselves to 2015 games? They're a games company, if they don't have some kind of games to show off, they'll look foolish. God forbid if they were in this position (which is highly doubtful since they're a game company with dozens of different development teams constantly working on something), they would show us some 2016 games to get excited for.

It's possible that those development teams are shifted back to the 3DS.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

WebHead

seeing as how the E3 presentation's main focus will be 2nd half 2015 games I'm not expecting a full direct before E3 anymore. Maybe Devil's Third and Yoshi diects.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

WebHead wrote:

seeing as how the E3 presentation's main focus will be 2nd half 2015 games I'm not expecting a full direct before E3 anymore. Maybe Devil's Third and Yoshi diects.

I'm not sure. Mario Kart 8 DLC, Splatoon, Mewtwo DLC, 3DS stuff, there's plenty to talk about before E3.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

I was looking back at what was happening surrounding the different Smash newcomer trailers and noticed that a fair amount of them coincided with related releases (e.g. Shulk reveal followed by Xenoblade Chronicles 3D trailer, Pacman reveal followed by lots of Namco games being announced for Wii U VC, Duck Hunt Duo reveal followed by Duck Hunt (NES) announcement for Wii U VC). By this logic, I think the next main series Pokémon game (, a Wii U confirmation on Pokken Tournament or Pokémon Rumble World) will come in the same Direct as Mewtwo's trailer.

Grumblevolcano

TuVictus

I think one of the "new" games for this year that people are speculating will be revealed is Yokai Watch. Possibly even a double pack. I see that being announced at E3, like Fantasy Life was.

TuVictus

Bolt_Strike

Operative wrote:

I think one of the "new" games for this year that people are speculating will be revealed is Yokai Watch. Possibly even a double pack. I see that being announced at E3, like Fantasy Life was.

Yokai Watch is supposedly coming this year, so E3 sounds about right. A double pack would be nice, though IDK if they'll do it. They should probably wait and see how the first game fares before localizing the second one.

Bolt_Strike

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.