Forums

Topic: 2016 Nintendo Directs Discussion - September 1st 3DS Direct Confirmed!

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,779

MrGawain

Nintendo's online gaming servers are being taken offline worldwide on Monday for maintenance (I think it's 4pm U.S, 10pm Europe), so I wonder if they're adding the Smash Tournaments at that time to coincide with a Direct? Just a theory, but it sort of adds up.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

LzWinky

MrGawain wrote:

Nintendo's online gaming servers are being taken offline worldwide on Monday for maintenance (I think it's 4pm U.S, 10pm Europe), so I wonder if they're adding the Smash Tournaments at that time to coincide with a Direct? Just a theory, but it sort of adds up.

I wouldn't even cross my fingers since there have been several maintenances since the last Direct

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

WebHead

I'm certain there'll be one this week or next. Between new details on upcoming known Wii u games and smash bros updates and such, I'd say there's enough to discuss in a 30 minutes or so long direct.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

WebHead wrote:

I'm certain there'll be one this week or next. Between new details on upcoming known Wii u games and smash bros updates and such, I'd say there's enough to discuss in a 30 minutes or so long direct.

With little to no information about other Q1/Q2 titles as Yoshi's Woolly World, Project Giant Robot and Mario Kart 8 & Smash DLC, I'd say there's enough to fill an entire hour.

Octane

WebHead

Perhaps whatever 3DS' big holiday title could be announced.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

TuVictus

I feel like there have been rumors about a direct every week this month. I'm expecting one in April

TuVictus

IceClimbers

Operative wrote:

I feel like there have been rumors about a direct every week this month. I'm expecting one in April

I think most people, including myself, were expecting one in March because it's 2 months since the last one. April is a good time for a Splatoon Direct.

Going off of NA's schedule, I was thinking something like this:

-General Nintendo Direct in late March
-Smash DLC release
-Story of Seasons/Etrian Mystery Dungeon/Xenoblade 3D releases
-Splatoon Direct
-E3 Plans Announcement in late April
-Nintendo's financial results for the fiscal year that comes in early May
-This year's Pokemon game announced that same day in order to squash the inevitable doom & gloom talks from the financial report
-Splatoon release
-MK8 DLC release
-E3!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

Oh, and I don't think there will be a major retail release for the Wii U in April. I think we'll get the Smash DLC, Project Giant Robot, and Art Academy in April.

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers wrote:

Oh, and I don't think there will be a major retail release for the Wii U in April. I think we'll get the Smash DLC, Project Giant Robot, and Art Academy in April.

I honestly think Projects Giant Robot and Guard will merge into Star Fox U.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

I could see that for Project Guard, but Project Giant Robot I think will be it's own thing.

cookiex

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Giant Robot was still said to be a separate title in the last investor meeting. Even had a logo.

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Octane

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Ever since E3 Nintendo has listed the games separately. To merge the games this late, I'm not sure that would end well. I think we'll see them as separate releases; two smaller games to create some hype for Star Fox U.

Octane

Jacob717

I think the next Direct(s) will be game specific ones, because we're getting close to E3, and I think they would want to make sure there's a lot of things to talk about there for their future games.

EDIT: I guess there could be a general direct to talk about third party games like, Mighty No. 9, Devil Survivor 2, Hatsune Miku, Etrina Mystery Dungeon, and Story of Seasons, then talk about some of their games like Splatoon and Puzzles & Dragons Z: Super Mario Edition.

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

GCN (Gamecube Nintendo?)

They can't use NGC (Nintendo GameCube), because NGC was already taken by National Geographic Channel.

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

CrazyOtto

Dipper723 wrote:

Nintenbomba128 wrote:

GCN (Gamecube Nintendo?)

They can't use NGC (Nintendo GameCube), because NGC was already taken by National Geographic Channel.

I thought it was NGC in Japan and GCN in NA/EU/AU

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Grumblevolcano

Octane wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Ever since E3 Nintendo has listed the games separately. To merge the games this late, I'm not sure that would end well. I think we'll see them as separate releases; two smaller games to create some hype for Star Fox U.

The thing is though that since E3 we've had no information about any of them.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Cheesehead302

I love how close E3 is, the thought of it is so awesome it's not even fathomable. ZELDA OTHER GAMES NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS YEEEESSSSSSS

Cheesehead302

iKhan

Yoshi is still listed for spring 2015, so I expect some info on that. Also, there is no killer app for 3DS this holiday either, so I expect some Pokemon announcement.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Grumblevolcano

iKhan wrote:

Yoshi is still listed for spring 2015, so I expect some info on that

It could be a June release of which if that's the case then they may just leave it to Treehouse streams at E3 (if they do that again).

Grumblevolcano

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

Yoshi is still listed for spring 2015, so I expect some info on that. Also, there is no killer app for 3DS this holiday either, so I expect some Pokemon announcement.

Pokemon games typically aren't shown in Directs, main series Pokemon news is usually covered in Japanese magazine CoroCoro. Unless it's something huge (to give some examples, the announcement of XY which marked the beginning of 6th gen, the reveal of Fairy type, and the announcement of Pokemon Bank were all Direct announcements, everything else was mainly CoroCoro).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Pokemon games typically aren't shown in Directs, main series Pokemon news is usually covered in Japanese magazine CoroCoro. Unless it's something huge (to give some examples, the announcement of XY which marked the beginning of 6th gen, the reveal of Fairy type, and the announcement of Pokemon Bank were all Direct announcements, everything else was mainly CoroCoro).

ORAS wasn't announced in CoroCoro. That was announced via a small teaser they decided to drop on the internet, most likely to silence the doom & gloom talk from the financial reports. I expect them to do the same this year.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.