Forums

Topic: What's your Beserk Button?

Posts 101 to 120 of 259

zezhyrule

I think the whole brony thing is a little overdone though. You don't see the rest of us making avis/BL themes of some show we like. All at the same time.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

LordTendoboy

zezhyrule wrote:

I think the whole brony thing is a little overdone though. You don't see the rest of us making avis/BL themes of some show we like. All at the same time.

This whole "brony" thing is the perfect example of a fad. And no fad lasts forever. Not being hateful, just making a point.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

TeeJay

Dammit, I actually kinda like Powerpuff girls. Guess I don't have an argument against Bronies now. >_>

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

SuperLink

1. People who think the Wii is gay. Just because not every game on the Wii is one where you slit peoples' throats, doesn't mean it's not good or fun. grumble grumble FPS's are skewing everybody's views on legitimate gaming grumble grumble.

2. When people mis-pronounce character's names. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "Browser" instead of "Bowser". BROWSING IS SOMETHING YOU DO ON THE INTERNET, DANG IT! Also, mispronouncing names of pokémon ticks me off. Now, I know that some are hard to pronounce and you never really know how to say it, but when you completely butcher it to the point where if spelled out, the actual version and the mis-pronouncer's version look NOTHING alike , I'll come punch him in the freakin' face...

3. Little kids who use Sonic on Brawl, and then use the B/1 move where it's like a heat-seeking missile and think that they're so good at Brawl just because they hit you a few times. And when they lose 'cause you kicked your gaming into overdrive, they cry and say that you cheated.

4. Posers...grrr.....

5. Knuckle-cracking.

6. Obnoxious litte kids. Especially ones who claim they have or have done stuff to make them seem cool. And the worst part is, all the other little kids believe them.

I have more but I can't think of them right now. Maybe they'll happen soon and then I'll type them up here.

So now you know...I'll be back...WITH VENGANCE!

SuperLink

KaiserGX

I don't see what fad I am in. I just really like the show. I put an avatar of what I am currently into. I had Chocobos prior to this. Now I got Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack. Do I complain about people having anime avatars? No? I don't see why everyone is hating on Ponies then. It's not hurting you at all, don't go in the thread, and all you will see is a avatar picture that shouldn't even be bothering you.

Besides we need to stand up to people like this. Maybe that's why we have the avatars. We aren't afraid to show something we like. Even if it was based on a line of Hasbro ponies for girls. What girls can watch Transformers and no one gives a hoot.

@Tee Jay, see now you know what we are talking about. I used to get made fun of for watching the Power Puff Girls. All they see is them on girl's backpacks and stuff but they haven't even seen an ep. All it is is a Cartoon Network show. Just like MLP is a Hasbro show that just happened to be based on the MLP toys. It just happens to be good. Same with PPGs.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

EvilRegal

@TeeJay
One of the six star ponies is named Rarity. Was more of a wink to other bronies in the crowd LOL.
@zezhyrule
You can probably run a search on most any show on TV and you'll find various fan images with cute captions. The kinds of things we post at the MLP: FiM thread here. I'm also a huge fan of House. You'll find avatars and themes galore, because like MLP: FiM, it's a damn good show that inspires it's fans.
@tendoboy1984
Right now, it has the APPEARANCE of being a fad. Anything new, especially what originates on the internet, is often considered a fad until it achieves longevity. The internet ITSELF was once considered a fad that would pass! Other shows, like Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were considered a fan. But quality will never be just a fad or a trend. The show isn't going anywhere and neither are it's fans. Everyone's just going to have to learn to deal with it. Saying it's a fad is rather dismissive of the best cartoon I've seen in ages and it's followers. But, as I said, being something newly popular, I can see where people would think it's going to be a passing thing. Oh and you mentioned Powerpuff Girls. MLP: FiM's creator, Lauren Faust , was involved in it.

I really am giving up on posting about it at this thread now. I don't want a continued debate on the show here dominate and derail what is an interesting topic here. There is the MLP: FiM thread here at the general forum where we could continue this it if need be.

Edited on by EvilRegal

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

Rocossa

KaiserGX wrote:

I don't see what fad I am in. I just really like the show. I put an avatar of what I am currently into. I had Chocobos prior to this. Now I got Rainbow Dash and Apple Jack. Do I complain about people having anime avatars? No? I don't see why everyone is hating on Ponies then. It's not hurting you at all, don't go in the thread, and all you will see is a avatar picture that shouldn't even be bothering you.

Besides we need to stand up to people like this. Maybe that's why we have the avatars. We aren't afraid to show something we like. Even if it was based on a line of Hasbro ponies for girls. What girls can watch Transformers and no one gives a hoot.

@Tee Jay, see now you know what we are talking about. I used to get made fun of for watching the Power Puff Girls. All they see is them on girl's backpacks and stuff but they haven't even seen an ep. All it is is a Cartoon Network show. Just like MLP is a Hasbro show that just happened to be based on the MLP toys. It just happens to be good. Same with PPGs.

On topic, I don't like people who eat half a bag of chips in the store BEFORE THEY BUY IT. I mean, its not exactly yours yet. And it must be a pain for the cashier to scan it.

Rocossa

RoryLee

@Kaiser I like your comment about standing up for something that you like. I'm the same way, I'm very passionate about a lot things and I will definetly stand my ground.
and as for things that tick me off it would have to be annoying people in the movie theater playing on their phone, talking or putting their feet on your seat. If I see any of these things that's all I can focus on is that person. I've walked from the back on down to the front to tell someone to turn their phone off and had many experiences like that, and that's why I hardly go to the theater anymore.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

Birdman

tendoboy1984 wrote:

@FluttershyGuy

Here are more examples of cartoons that can appeal to the entire family:
Fairly OddParents
SpongeBob
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Rugrats

You totally forgot Phineas & Ferb, dude.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

CanisWolfred

zezhyrule wrote:

That's what annoys you? If you've been to BL at all you'll see that lots of people make themes of shows they like. Same with avys on pretty much any forum. I've had avys based on TV shows since I came here, for instance. Just saying, that's a pretty small and popular thing to be annoyed about.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

EvilRegal

Bimmy_and_Jimmy wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

On topic, I don't like people who eat half a bag of chips in the store BEFORE THEY BUY IT. I mean, its not exactly yours yet. And it must be a pain for the cashier to scan it.

Wal-Mart I go to, I occasionally find empty cans of pop that either the "paying customers" or overnight employees drank and were too lazy to throw away the evidence! (eye roll)

Let's attack aggressively, kupo! :D

3DS Friend Code: 5241-1915-3356 | Nintendo Network ID: EvilRegal

LordTendoboy

Birdman13 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

@FluttershyGuy

Here are more examples of cartoons that can appeal to the entire family:
Fairly OddParents
SpongeBob
Dexter's Lab
Powerpuff Girls
Rugrats

You totally forgot Phineas & Ferb, dude.

Never seen it.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Splat

Phineas & Ferb is great.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

theblackdragon

the 'brony' argument. it seems everywhere i freakin' turn lately someone else is getting on a brony's case (for serious, mind you, not just the normal teasing or joking around) for liking what they like. just knock it off, they've got the right to enjoy a kid's show if they want without being harassed, same as you. it's not about 'common sense', it's about quality television — of which there is a severe lack nowadays anyway. if all you want to do is troll someone else for something they like (and wrestling also falls under this category for me, durr hurr we know it's fake, we like it anyway, get over it plz), take that BS elsewhere, because it does nothing to foster intelligent conversation here.

also, people who make derogatory comments toward other individuals (or groups thereof), whether regarding body type/size, gender/transgendered status, physical/mental disability, race/ethnicity/country of origin, sexuality, age, and probably some other things i'm forgetting (all of which either cannot be helped, are part of a serious health condition, or the individual in question is perfectly happy with themselves and their current status and otherwise have not requested 'advice' or 'assistance' from others)... that kind of thing pisses me off to no end. you want to talk about heads exploding? i assure you mine does every time i have to edit something like that out of users' posts here at NL.
(that 'please show respect' part of the Rules exists for a reason, guys... please think of who here you may be insulting when you say things)

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Colors

People who don't respect the fact you just want to quest online alone in Monster Hunter Tri. They also don't get the fact some people don't have a Wii keyboard or Wii Speak. Just today:

(hunter name): Hey WAZZUP dood? Want 2 quest 2gether? Ima level 5 and I have uber-awesome equips.
(hunter name): Hey, I said DO YOU WANNA QUEST 2GETHER
(hunter name): Gawd, U R such a noob, not replying to my question

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

Splat

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

People who don't respect the fact you just want to quest online alone in Monster Hunter Tri. They also don't get the fact some people don't have a Wii keyboard or Wii Speak. Just today:

(hunter name): Hey WAZZUP dood? Want 2 quest 2gether? Ima level 5 and I have uber-awesome equips.

Or making a room to hunt a certain monster only to have someone come in and ask you to hunt something else...

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

SonicMaster

BTW, you spelled berserk wrong. :3

SonicMaster

zezhyrule

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

Actually no offense, but in this situation you are the noob. There's a status thing in your profile to set if you don't have a keyboard or can't reply very fast. Use it :3

To play solo? Ooh, hows about going to an empty server? Common sense dictates that if you go to a full server, whether you put 'soloing quests' in the room name or not, random people will join. Go to a server that has no one in it and hey! No one there to join you :3

Edit: Also, I know it was just an example but HR 5 is like low and noobish level

This is why I only play with friends or in the Capcom Unity server anyway anymore. Randoms = not fun

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Colors

zezhyrule wrote:

ColorsOfSonic wrote:

Actually no offense, but in this situation you are the noob. There's a status thing in your profile to set if you don't have a keyboard or can't reply very fast. Use it :3

To play solo? Ooh, hows about going to an empty server? Common sense dictates that if you go to a full server, whether you put 'soloing quests' in the room name or not, random people will join. Go to a server that has no one in it and hey! No one there to join you :3

Edit: Also, I know it was just an example but HR 5 is like low and noobish level

I go to the least crowded server, the least crowded city gate, and any city that has no people

Umfor Natugeris:
Topu a ximmuma of 030 rachacrets

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.