Forums

Topic: What's your Beserk Button?

Posts 241 to 259 of 259

y2josh

I'm starting to wonder if you are just a troll tendoboy.

y2josh

LordTendoboy

y2josh wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if you are just a troll tendoboy.

I like to debate about stuff that interests me. Trolls just spew random gibberish without knowing what they are talking about.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

theblackdragon

tendoboy1984 wrote:

Trolls just spew random gibberish without knowing what they are talking about.

so in order not to be a 'troll', you have to know about the random gibberish you spew. good to know!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Bankai

I like to debate about stuff that interests me. Trolls just spew random gibberish without knowing what they are talking about.

Actually, no. You just argue for the sake of arguing. You can be presented by facts, or analysis based on years of experience in business, or the industry itself, and you'll argue. A professional writer will correct you on grammar, and you'll argue. You consistently fail to back up anything you say with facts or understanding, and yet you still argue like your point is somehow justified.

You don't understand why a retail game goes for $20-$50, but an iPhone game (some iPhone games, but by no means all) can be sold for $0.99? That's fairly basic knowledge. Most iPhone games are made by teams of 10-20 people, and sold via digital distribution. A retail game (and we're talking about modern retail games, not games that were sold 20 years ago) is usually produced by a company of around 50 (if not more) people, has a development time of at least 4-5 times as long as an iPhone game, and has to be physically manufactured and distributed to retailers. The margins are about the same for an iPhone game as they are for a game sold to retail for the developer and publisher.

That's basic retail business. I don't mean to be too harsh on you dude, and I'm more than happy to explain these things to you if you are genuinely interested in learning about it, but man, you need to calm right down and stop arguing with me (and everyone else on the forums) over everything. There are some areas that some of us are actually expert in, and you're trying to tell us we're wrong about. That's not debating, that's being an obnoxious ....

Edited on by Bankai

LordTendoboy

WaltzElf wrote:

Actually, no. You just argue for the sake of arguing. You can be presented by facts, or analysis based on years of experience in business, or the industry itself, and you'll argue. A professional writer will correct you on grammar, and you'll argue. You consistently fail to back up anything you say with facts or understanding, and yet you still argue like your point is somehow justified.

You don't understand why a retail game goes for $20-$50, but an iPhone game (some iPhone games, but by no means all) can be sold for $0.99? That's fairly basic knowledge. Most iPhone games are made by teams of 10-20 people, and sold via digital distribution. A retail game (and we're talking about modern retail games, not games that were sold 20 years ago) is usually produced by a company of around 50 (if not more) people, has a development time of at least 4-5 times as long as an iPhone game, and has to be physically manufactured and distributed to retailers. The margins are about the same for an iPhone game as they are for a game sold to retail for the developer and publisher.

That's basic retail business. I don't mean to be too harsh on you dude, and I'm more than happy to explain these things to you if you are genuinely interested in learning about it, but man, you need to calm right down and stop arguing with me (and everyone else on the forums) over everything. There are some areas that some of us are actually expert in, and you're trying to tell us we're wrong about. That's not debating, that's being an obnoxious ....

So you don't think Apple is undercharging for these 99 cent games? You really think these games are worth 99 cents?

And there are plenty of retail games made by small teams, a DS game made by a small team of people retails for about $20, while the same game on iPhone costs 99 cents. There is a huge difference between 99 cents and $20. Either Apple is undercharging, or Nintendo is overcharging.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

JayArr

Doesn't make me go besrek but I find it annoying when two people de-rail a thread for some petty meaningless argument. n_n

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

SMEXIZELDAMAN

N00bs

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

JeanLuc_Vaycard

JayArr wrote:

Doesn't make me go besrek but I find it annoying when two people de-rail a thread for some petty meaningless argument. n_n

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Knux

Fanboyism, noobs, Activision, Twilight, and Justin Bieber.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

theblackdragon

@WaveBoy: If you down a glass or two of water before you hit the sack (and then if you wake up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, drink another glass of water before going to bed again), you can avoid hangovers altogether :3

BEST THREAD EVER

theblackdragon

@WaveBoy: lol, i'm npt a wine drinker, so i can't really attest to the type of hangover it brings. i do know the method i described works for liquor, beer/drinks sold in the beer aisle, and wine coolers, though, if you'd like to try branching out :3

BEST THREAD EVER

Magi

WaveBoy wrote:

Will Smith's Wife(Columbia looks incredibly lame and i can't take her seriously haha)

What are you on about? Columbiana stars Zoe Saldana, not Jada Pinkett Smith.

Or am I missing something?

One of my many berserk buttons: When there are miles of empty road in front of me and behind me, but some dumb jerk decides to pull right out in front of me, causing me to slam on my brakes, and then proceeds to drive 10 under the speed limit. Most of my berserk buttons are car-related actually, now that I think about it.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Magi

Magi

WaveBoy wrote:

They look almost identicle, totaly fooled me.

I see what you mean.
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Magi

Magi

Birdman

So, recently my school year started, and I today I was heading towards my advisory period when someone just randomly stopped walking right in front of me and I nearly plowed into them. Next time that happens, I'm just gonna plow into that person and see what happens (unless they or their nearby boyfried is bigger than me, of course)

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

TheDarkDee

Knux wrote:

Fanboyism, noobs, Activision, Twilight, and Justin Bieber.

TheDarkDee

komicturtle

People.

Especially people who don't stop talking or complaining after I told them I don't want to hear it, they throw in a petty side comment, like "I can't ever talk to you" when really, I'm just tired of their constant complaints and rants everyday. Especially the sound of their "whiny" voices...

EDIT: And another thing I hate is when people pity themselves. I give them advice to solve their complaints and they keep doing the same thing all the time. WTF if you want my advice to get yourself out of a situation and you don't consider it, stop complaining and wasting my time.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

HanuKwanzMasBif

People bringing up the fact that I'm homeschooled and how their lives would be so much easier if they were homeschooled and they could do their work in their pajamas if they were homeschooled and it's so annoying.
Also Sony , MS, and even Apple fanboys when it comes to video games.. That's just because of my personal bias, but all they seem to talk about is how other companies (especially Nintendo) are for babies and about superior graphics and whatnot. Respectively, they either CAN'T SEEM TO COMPREHEND THAT JUST BECAUSE A GAME HAS GOOD GRAPHICS THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT BRILLIANT or they CAN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND THAT JUST BECAUSE A GAME IS CHEAP THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT SUPERIOR (and, yes, I have heard that argument) .

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.