Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 12,088

sub12

I think SM3 is "greater" than SMW...... SM3 was a massive step up and laid down the foundation for everything after,......SMW wasn't as big of a leap in innovation and content.

sub12

Storytime7

sub12 wrote:

I think SM3 is "greater" than SMW...... SM3 was a massive step up and laid down the foundation for everything after,......SMW wasn't as big of a leap in innovation and content.

SMW is just as important to the series as SMB3.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

MsJubilee

DBPirate wrote:

Assassin's Creed III isn't bad.

I really don't know why Assassins Creed 3 is hated,i think it's one of the best in the franchise,before it turned into a broken piece of crap.

Ketchupcat wrote:

SpongeBob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom is one of the best games ever made.
I'm not sure if that's unpopular, though. Most people who played it would probably agree. But it doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

Eh i think the SpongeBob Squarepants movie game is better.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

unrandomsam

sub12 wrote:

I think that is right especially the difficulty curve is much better. (And at the time I preferred World).

Also I think the All Stars version of 3 is the one that should be played in this day and age. There is bits that are annoying in the NES version that are fixed such as the giant world.

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

RedDevilAde

sub12 wrote:

I think you have to look both ways, how it compares to its predecessors and successors, like SM3 I think SMW improved over it's predecessors in every way, but I feel there are elements of SMW that have not been bettered since it's release (yoshi, secret exit implementation, special world, switch palace idea etc). So I'd rate SMW over SM3.

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

Gridatttack

unrandomsam wrote:

sub12 wrote:

I think that is right especially the difficulty curve is much better. (And at the time I preferred World).

Also I think the All Stars version of 3 is the one that should be played in this day and age. There is bits that are annoying in the NES version that are fixed such as the giant world.

You mean the GBA one.

SMAS mario 3 is dissapointing.

:>

Also the NES one has the better setting and theme atmosphere, which SMAS decided to forget for some reason.

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

Gamecubed

CanisWolfred wrote:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Gamecubed wrote:

I think the gaming industry needs to crash. I think within the next ten years weren't going to see at least some kind of recession.

Because you don't like certain games? Your personal opinions conflict with reasoning.

Jumping to conclusions much? He never stated why he felt the industry needed to crash, you're just assuming that it's because he doesn't like certain games.

Yeah, I kinda thought he was simply exaggerating for dramatic effect. I still rolled my eyes at it, though.

My opinions about the Last of Us and the industry are meant to be separate statements. And yes, I was exaggerating.

Gamecubed

unrandomsam

I think The Last of Us is a good example of everything wrong. (Particularly how much it is considered to be the best thing ever).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

The_Fox

Poketendo wrote:

• I really don't get what's so fun about Call of Duty, Battlefield and (worst of all) GTA. You just go around and kill people. What's so fun about murdering people? It's not that I dislike FPS, because I played Metroid Prime 3 and I loved it. It's just that killing fictional aliens is something fictional, while killing real humans is just not fun to me.

Not to blow your mind too much but the humans in video games are fictional as well since they don't exist.

Also, being O.K with the murder of aliens and not O.K with the murder of humans makes you a horrendous speciesist. For shame!!!

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

shaneoh

The_Fox wrote:

Poketendo wrote:

• I really don't get what's so fun about Call of Duty, Battlefield and (worst of all) GTA. You just go around and kill people. What's so fun about murdering people? It's not that I dislike FPS, because I played Metroid Prime 3 and I loved it. It's just that killing fictional aliens is something fictional, while killing real humans is just not fun to me.

Not to blow your mind too much but the humans in video games are fictional as well since they don't exist.

Also, being O.K with the murder of aliens and not O.K with the murder of humans makes you a horrendous speciesist. For shame!!!

This post wins the internet.

Unpopular gaming opinion: All my opinions on gaming (and life in general) are correct. Everyone who has a differing opinion is wrong, and those who have similar opinions are right only for the duration in which they are completely agreeing with me.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Whydoievenbother

It's not that no one wants to make innovative games, it's that we have 2 sides to the industry (AAA and Indie) that just aren't equipped for it. And there's an easy solution: AAA companies get indie branches (that's what movies and music did.).

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

CanisWolfred

MrMario02 wrote:

And there's an easy solution: AAA companies get indie branches (that's what movies and music did.).

The big three all are getting that idea (in the form of budget digital games), though I agree that more companies should take this into greater consideration. Square-Enix and Ubisoft seem to be off to a good start, too. I know most companies have mobile divisions, but most just aren't using them to put out quality games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

LzWinky

Do you really want EA to get indie studios after the Maxis thing?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

TingLz wrote:

Do you really want EA to get indie studios after the Maxis thing?

I was more thinking of using small studios to put out budget games on PC and Consoles/Handhelds. Again, the mobile market exists, but that's rarely where the talent goes...then again, I'm becoming more and more convince there's no longer any talent left at EA...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Sleepingmudkip

SmashMario wrote:

• I really never got into the Zelda series, despite how people love it. The only thing I like about the franchise are the characters and music.

Finally someone who understands me.

I think that Pokemon needs to stay Turn-base and random battles

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Whydoievenbother

SmashMario wrote:

• Sonic deserves to get a well-polished, playable, and fun game either this year or next year. Sega needs to get their marketing strategy right this time and promote it as much as possible. He doesn't deserve so much hate.
  • Call of Duty is milked to the max. Each new installment is the same thing, albeit with new weapons, maps, and DLC.

I personally think that for sonic to succeed, sonic should be absent for a few years. Also the call of duty opinion isn't uncommon. It's almost unanimous on the internet.

Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

Whydoievenbother

CanisWolfred wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

And there's an easy solution: AAA companies get indie branches (that's what movies and music did.).

The big three all are getting that idea (in the form of budget digital games), though I agree that more companies should take this into greater consideration. Square-Enix and Ubisoft seem to be off to a good start, too. I know most companies have mobile divisions, but most just aren't using them to put out quality games.

That's not what I meant. I meant that AAA Companies should have divisions dedicated to helping Indies create bigger and better games and with things that indie dev teams have a hard time with like polishing and marketing
EDIT: A better explanation would be "FOX Searchlight pictures" for the gaming world

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

Light Yagami, Death Note
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

CanisWolfred

MrMario02 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

That's not what I meant. I meant that AAA Companies should have divisions dedicated to helping Indies create bigger and better games and with things that indie dev teams have a hard time with like polishing and marketing

Oh. Well, Sony and Microsoft do that already, actually. Especially Microsoft, they used to be very big on helping people put their games on Xbox 360, and would even provide services (such as quality assurance and online infrastructure-related assistance) to small publishers. That's why they used to get a lot of the best console "indie" games for a while.

...that said, if you're not a console maker, why would wou be supportive on indies like that? What's in it for them? Wouldn't it be better to publish their games themselves, therefore no longer making them "indie"? Everybody wins in the end with that...that's why publishers are a thing...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chrono_Cross

SmashMario wrote:

• Call of Duty is milked to the max.

I never knew it was a cow, but now that you brought it up, I am thirsty.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic