Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 12,088

Dave24

CaviarMeths wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

@Caviarmeths Agreed. Remasteres are a great way to experience games you've played or missed with updated graphics, which for some games make revisiting them espcially either. They don't take away from new Ames being made, if anything they help fund them and make them less risky. I say the more the better as long as studios that aren't there for new games work on them for the most part.

I think people are under the impression that all remasters are like Wind Waker HD, where it takes Nintendo's A-team 6 months of development to get to the shelves and retails almost at full price. The way Sony does it though is just a quick rendering in HD, package it together, and maybe include the DLC on disk. It's quick and dirty, and a great way to enjoy content that you may have missed when it first came out.

In some cases it's good (like MGS or DMC, those are great), but in others these remasters suck hard, like Splinter Cell Trilogy. Constant framerate drops are not fun at all.

I have nothing against remasters. It is great when they pull a lot of effort and change this and that, like in WW HD, but to me something like Tomb Raider DE or Metro Redux (can't wait!) are enough. Problem with Nintendo however is that if they would made those HD ports, it would be exactly the same situation as with WW.

Dave24

Grumblevolcano

Sunshine Airport is my least favourite track in Mario Kart 8

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Very unpopular opinion : Nintendo is to blame for their lack of third party support. They thought people would just flock to their console and I see that as arrogant. I really hope they're learning a hard lesson right now.

It simply isn't possible to have a Nintendo console as a primary console unless you only play one game every few months. The wii u will always be a secondary console and probably it's successor as well.

TuVictus

TheKingOfTown

Agree completely. I don't think it's a bad thing though. It just leaves more games for me, via my Wii U and PS4.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Punished_Boss_84

Pokemon X/Y is one of my least favourite of the Pokemon games. MS is the only platform holder who doesn't have a property that hooks for me quite some time.

Nintendo has Pokemon, Sony had exclusitivty of MGS up until Ground Zeroes by then it was too late to give Xbox at look in.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

LzWinky

Operative wrote:

Very unpopular opinion : Nintendo is to blame for their lack of third party support. They thought people would just flock to their console and I see that as arrogant. I really hope they're learning a hard lesson right now.

It simply isn't possible to have a Nintendo console as a primary console unless you only play one game every few months. The wii u will always be a secondary console and probably it's successor as well.

Correction: Nintendo is partially responsible for the lack of third party. The other party is the companies themselves that don't make competitive products.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

R_Champ

WaLzgi wrote:

Apparently Sony needs some stability tips from Nintendo

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/08/is_psn_offline_yes_and...

sigh and people are paying for it now too...and it's the weekend...if this keeps up this may become a "popular" gaming opinion. Though that's going to take a LOT. My brother-in-law was still married to Sony even after it went down for a month last time.

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

HankLangley

cubivore

real Italian meatballs are made by real Italian meatball men.

Used to be Doge

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3778-3936 | Nintendo Network ID: Gansano

Oragami

Using the Spoiler tag to hide your Unpopular Gaming Opinion is dumb

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

Screenshot

My favourite The Legend Of Zelda game is Spirit Tracks.

Proud owner of a New 3DS Ambassador Edition
Previously known as: SlicingScyther

Nintendo Network ID: Blastoise286

Chrono_Cross

Punished_Boss wrote:

Sony had exclusitivty of MGS up until Ground Zeroes by then it was too late to give Xbox at look in.

This is not true whatsoever.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Namco

I think story and music are more important than good Gameplay (Not if the gameplay is so bad it becomes an obstacle). Also I like Paper Mario: Sticker Star and I think The Wonderful 101 is overrated

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Dave24

Miss_Pixelheart wrote:

IThe Wonderful 101 is really overrated

How can a flop be really overrated?

If you want to talk about really overrated throw in some GTA 5 or other zombie game.

Dave24

VoodooTrumpet

Bioshock Infinite was terrible

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

Drawdler

I think I already posted this before, but: I feel like Super Mario 64 aged poorly (although some parts of it are still great).

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Punished_Boss_84

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Punished_Boss wrote:

Sony had exclusitivty of MGS up until Ground Zeroes by then it was too late to give Xbox at look in.

This is not true whatsoever.

Its not completely true, sure: Sony didn't have exclusivity but Konami up until now decided to make mainline titles exclusive for some time or forever. MG & MG2 started before PS1 was a thing. The original MGS 1 was console exclusive (Does Twin Snakes count? Probably), MGS 2 was timed, MGS 3 was exclusive for a long period, MGS 4 is still exclusive, Portable Ops is still exclusive, Peace Walker was timed. MGA 1+2 are exclusive. MGR was not. Then the HD collection (2011) & Ground Zeroes (2014) came along. So of course now that point mostly doesn't make any sense, but going along with franchise history and timing thats how it was for me.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Jeremyx7

Everything that I am about to write below is absolutely what I believe to be true.....

1.) .....the halo series is one of the worst series in video game history!
2.) .....Final Fantasy series is one of the most overrated gaming series in video game history (minus a few FF games).
3.) .....Skyward Sword still is the best Zelda game thus far for many reasons!
4.) .....La Mulana is overall a better game than allot of SNES Nintendo classics including Super Metroid!!! (This was actually really hard for me to say...)
5.) .....Gears of War IS TERRIBLE!!!!!
6.) .....Microsoft needs to stop making games & consoles...they're so bad at it.....
7.) .....Nintendo really need to make another Metroid game using Other M's gameplay mechanics BUT with a much better crafted world to actually explore in detail like every other metroid game in existence!! And with more detailed control over Samus...would be awesome.

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Adhrast

Other M is my favorite Metroid game, ever. Sue me.

Adhrast

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6194-1975 | Nintendo Network ID: Adhrast

Sam_Loser2

Skyward Sword is my second favorite Zelda game.

Of course, my absolute favorite would be Zelda II.

My 3DS friend code is: 2750-1101-5534

I am The Guy. I got all the shiny trinkets. Perfect score on every Yoshi's Island level. I beat Dark Link. Basically, I'm Awesome.

Nope, not coincided at all.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic