Forums

Topic: Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 12,088

CaviarMeths
  • Phil Spencer is the best division head in the industry.
  • The PS4 is Sony's worst console and the Wii U is Nintendo's best.
  • Bungie is the only studio that has ever made a FPS game worth playing.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SkywardLink98

Jeremyx7 wrote:

3.) .....Skyward Sword still is the best Zelda game thus far for many reasons!

I would high five you, but I can't. I'll just have to settle for smacking my screen instead.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

kkslider5552000

The first Layton has one of the dumbest and poorly constructed plot twists in any narrative focused game ever made and in general the Layton series could never hope to reach the heights of the series it is frequently compared to (unless 4-6 are better or something?).

Though I am not saying the Layton series is bad by ANY stretch of the imagination, but compared to Ace Attorney or Zero Escape, it does not compare. Also, Flora is the most meaningless character ever that the series refuses to do anything with.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

CanisWolfred wrote:

I refuse to post in this thread anymore, as I refuse to care about whether or not people agree with my opinions.

I disagree.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

sub12
  • All modern Metal Gear Solid games are bloated and boring
  • Super Metroid has aged relatively poorly
  • Quite a few indies are more or less over hyped garbage, despite critical acclaim
  • Nintendo creates the best looking consoles aesthetically
  • Nintendo should devote more resources to powerful hardware instead of chasing disruptive tech / controller gimmicks
  • If Iwata stepped down in lou of a younger generation heading up Nintendo, it would be for the better
  • Unless your a collector, digital is better than physical

sub12

LzWinky

sub12 wrote:

• If Iwata stepped down in lou of a younger generation heading up Nintendo, it would be for the better

It's not as straightforward as one would think...

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

sub12

WaLzgi wrote:

sub12 wrote:

It's not as straightforward as one would think...

I understand, just think they need some young blood again to get the creative juices flowing, that's my looking in view.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

LzWinky

Why? They seem to be doing fine now with that new development kit. Heck, some people don't credit Iwata enough. The fact that he worked as a developer is a huge plus

Also, I don't care if anything is region locked these days!

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

sub12

WaLzgi wrote:

Why? They seem to be doing fine now with that new development kit. Heck, some people don't credit Iwata enough. The fact that he worked as a developer is a huge plus

In short I believe they have been following the wrong path since the end of the Gamecube days, this whole notion that we can't / nor should we compete with other console manufactures is kinda sad, it's like they lost some mojo after the Gamecube became a sales disappointment.

sub12

TheKingOfTown

I would honestly be happy if Nintendo became a 3rd party developer, as I prefer the other consoles better in terms of hardware and features.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

LzWinky

I don't really care if region-locking was enforced or not

Punished_Boss_84

sub12 wrote:

• All modern Metal Gear Solid games are bloated and boring

I hate you. A little part of me just died!

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

Kyloctopus

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The first Layton has one of the dumbest and poorly constructed plot twists in any narrative focused game ever made and in general the Layton series could never hope to reach the heights of the series it is frequently compared to (unless 4-6 are better or something?).

Though I am not saying the Layton series is bad by ANY stretch of the imagination, but compared to Ace Attorney or Zero Escape, it does not compare. Also, Flora is the most meaningless character ever that the series refuses to do anything with.

Flora Reinhold has actually been an ongoing joke with my brother and I, because of how useless she is.
Now I'm going to do a thread first, and say a rather positive opinion. Capcom does not deserve all the hate they get. They have more loveable games than anyone else among third parties.
Resident Evil
Devil May Cry
Street Fighter
Final Fight
Ace Attorney
Monster Hunter
Ghosts n' Goblins
Several Legend of Zelda Games
Power Stone
Dragon's Dogma
Asura's Wrath
Dead Rising
Ghost Trick
ALL of their Vs. games
Ducktales
Okami
And ALOT of Mega Man games

Maybe, it's because I started gaming in the 6th gen (And only really got into it in the late 7th gen), but I'm one of those people who still consider a game they made 25 Years ago, still a part of their accolade, and I'll forever be grateful of all the right Capcom has done, because they've sure done alot and continue to do so.

Now that I added a positive opinion let's go back to being rather negative because let's face it. We're all the best at it.

The argument of "If you don't like it, don't play it" is the dumbest argument ever. Especially when you're arguing that on a game the other person already played. I have the right to criticize a game, when it is justified. After all, I took the effort to play, buy and beat a game, why shouldn't I share what I don't like? Because you're insecure about your opinions? No thank you.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

LyIa

Kyloctopus wrote:

Now I'm going to do a thread first, and say a rather positive opinion. Capcom does not deserve all the hate they get. They have more loveable games than anyone else among third parties.

[snip!]

Maybe, it's because I started gaming in the 6th gen (And only really got into it in the late 7th gen), but I'm one of those people who still consider a game they made 25 Years ago, still a part of their accolade, and I'll forever be grateful of all the right Capcom has done, because they've sure done alot and continue to do so.

You make a great point, @Kyloctopus! It's a shame they get so much hate for what they don't do when they should be getting love for what they actually do.

all men are kings 👑

LzWinky

Yeah, like on-disc DLC, multiple Street Fighter, abandoning Mega Man, suing other companies and much more. They should be loved for what they do, am I right?

Edited on by LzWinky

LyIa

Okay, maybe not everything they do....

all men are kings 👑

Kyloctopus

WaLzgi wrote:

Yeah, like on-disc DLC, multiple Street Fighter, abandoning Mega Man, suing other companies and much more. They should be loved for what they do, am I right?

If I were to go through every awful thing Nintendo went through, I would no longer play Nintendo games, from their departure from development of F-Zero games and their over-reliance of Mario, to their region lock issues, their content claims from Youtubers and being amongst one of the biggest abusers of conflict minerals. But I'm still with them in hopes that that they not only improve as a company, but also because they have made my shelf filled with masterpieces.
Street Fighter fans actually like when their games get improved, it means more support and more competition for them. They have offered deals to people who have bought Super or Arcade Edition so I think there's close to no reason to argue because you're not paying $60 for every version.
Capcom has made (literally) over 40 Megaman games and now they go through a 3 year hiatus and people cry (very loudly if I will). Honestly Capcom has given well over enough to the fan base and they don't owe them anything.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Storytime7

WaLzgi wrote:

abandoning Mega Man

Capcom did not abandon Mega Man any more than Nintendo abandoned F-Zero and Metroid. Yes, it's probably been long enough now that a new Mega Man game should be made, but with all the milking Capcom did with that franchise, another game is not necessary.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic