Forums

Topic: Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away.

Posts 121 to 140 of 261

Kai_

All the fan art is killing me.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

Olliemar28

It's pretty clear now that Nintendo used puppets at the E3 Direct so we wouldn't see an ill Iwata. It pains me that that so many people, myself included, had such doubts over his company's current state during his final weeks. I just hope he knew how much we appreciated his contributions, talent, and wacky sense of humour. RIP Mr Iwata.

Olliemar28

Twitter:

jump

Artwark wrote:

Why now of all the times......WHY NOW??????? XD

At least someone finds it funny...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

veeflames

I wish I had the time and resources to draw something... maybe I will today. I just have to draw something out of respect for him!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

spizzamarozzi

As many have already said, we knew he was ill but not to this point - that's what makes the news so sudden and shocking.
The thing I liked the most about Iwata was that he really transformed Nintendo into a company you couldn't help but love - this was due thanks to his amazing personality, his ability of not taking himself too seriously and the fact that he wasn't just Nintendo's CEO and most importante figure, but also the one who kept Nintendo (historically a secretive company) and its fans linked. He opened the company's doors and that made a hell of a difference because we felt almost part of the family. He was the one bringing us the news. Furthermore, he was the one appearling publicly when there was a good news to communicate or an apology to make, for which he always took full responsibility.
It's always incredibly sad to see someone passing away so young, and it's even more sad knowing that Iwata had the spirit, the strong will and the humour of a much younger man. Perhaps all of this was avoidable had he quit working after the operation he had to undergo last year? I don't know. Well, I'm sure his spirit will stay with us and with the company for decades to come.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

jump

From Itoi...

“No matter the farewell, I think the most appropriate thing to say is “we”ll meet again.” We are friends so we”ll see each other again. There is nothing strange about saying it. Yeah. We’ll meet again.

Even if you didn’t have the chance to put into words how sudden it was going to be, how far you’d be traveling, or how you went much earlier than expected, I know you went wearing your best.

You always put yourself second to others no matter what, helping anyone who needed it whenever they needed it. You were that kind of friend. Although you may have been a little selfish for the first time ever by taking this journey.

The truth is though that I still don’t believe any of it. I feel like I am going to receive a message from you inviting me out to eat at any moment. I wouldn’t mind if you were to ask me like always if I had some free time. If you did, I’d ask you as well.

Still, “we’ll meet again.” It would be great to hear from you whenever and wherever; I’ll being calling to you too. I’ll call if I have something to discuss or I want to tell you a great new idea I’ve had.

We’ll meet again.

Then again, you’re here with me now.”

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

whodatninja

arronishere wrote:

From Itoi...

“No matter the farewell, I think the most appropriate thing to say is “we”ll meet again.” We are friends so we”ll see each other again. There is nothing strange about saying it. Yeah. We’ll meet again.

Even if you didn’t have the chance to put into words how sudden it was going to be, how far you’d be traveling, or how you went much earlier than expected, I know you went wearing your best.

You always put yourself second to others no matter what, helping anyone who needed it whenever they needed it. You were that kind of friend. Although you may have been a little selfish for the first time ever by taking this journey.

The truth is though that I still don’t believe any of it. I feel like I am going to receive a message from you inviting me out to eat at any moment. I wouldn’t mind if you were to ask me like always if I had some free time. If you did, I’d ask you as well.

Still, “we’ll meet again.” It would be great to hear from you whenever and wherever; I’ll being calling to you too. I’ll call if I have something to discuss or I want to tell you a great new idea I’ve had.

We’ll meet again.

Then again, you’re here with me now.”

That was beautiful.

Thank you Itoi san.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Azooooz

I too was shocked by this news. His works and sacrifices will be remembered by millions of gamers. My deepest condolences to his family, friends and fans.

I hope the one who succeed him would make Iwata proud. Good candidate: Satoru Shibata.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

-Green-

NintyMan wrote:

Still have a hard time believing that he died of a bile duct growth, something that was easily removed when he had to miss last year's E3. Still stunned by the suddenness of it all.

I want to clarify that Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda are helping with Nintendo's transition of leadership. Miyamoto's not the new President, or at least not yet. But, honestly; I don't think he will be. Miyamoto is an artist at heart and he just doesn't seem like the business type at all. Iwata was a game developer too, but he had the business experience leading HAL Laboratory. I think the next Nintendo President will probably be a little-known man from the Board of Directors who would largely continue Iwata's agenda. I just hope that he's capable and likable.

I kind of fear for Nintendo's direction. Although sometimes good and bad, Iwata was one of the main reasons Nintendo was the way it was. I imagine things are change a lot around Nintendo, depending on their new CEO.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Azooooz

@NintyMan: Maybe like Satoru Shibata? He follows Iwata (is he his cousin or something?) and he knows how to please his fans.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

erv

NintyMan wrote:

Still have a hard time believing that he died of a bile duct growth, something that was easily removed when he had to miss last year's E3. Still stunned by the suddenness of it all.

I want to clarify that Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda are helping with Nintendo's transition of leadership. Miyamoto's not the new President, or at least not yet. But, honestly; I don't think he will be. Miyamoto is an artist at heart and he just doesn't seem like the business type at all. Iwata was a game developer too, but he had the business experience leading HAL Laboratory. I think the next Nintendo President will probably be a little-known man from the Board of Directors who would largely continue Iwata's agenda. I just hope that he's capable and likable.

Just to create some context, a bile duct growth is usually fatal, even if it starts as one of the more treatable versions. A shockingly low statistic makes it through for more than a handful of years. So to me, this wasn’t as unexpected perhaps, and probably not to people who worked with him closely, but that doesn’t make it any less sad.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

HollywoodHogan

NintyMan wrote:

Still have a hard time believing that he died of a bile duct growth, something that was easily removed when he had to miss last year's E3.

And this whole time I had no idea you were a surgical oncologist! Glad to know we have a doctor amongst us!

Friend to all SJW's

Faruko

We really dont know if Miyamoto or Takeda had actual background in economics or administration, a skill that i believe the next CEO should have (To be fair, i dont even know if Iwata had also, maybe he did a Master or MBA at some point ?)

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

jump

Faruko wrote:

We really dont know if Miyamoto or Takeda had actual background in economics or administration, a skill that i believe the next CEO should have (To be fair, i dont even know if Iwata had also, maybe he did a Master or MBA at some point ?)

He had on the job experience though, he turned HAL around who were about to go bankrupt after working up their ladder to the head of the company.

Nicolai wrote:

bezerker99

I feel terrible for not liking Nintendo's E3 this year. In the grand scheme of things, my criticisms were petty and unnecessary. I hated the fact that Iwata tweeted out after E3 that they would listen to their fans more intently (or something like that).

But that's one thing I always liked about him. Despite him being a public figure, I felt like I knew him personally because of his candidness. He didn't come across as the CEO of a gigantic corporation like Nintendo. He was real, down-to-earth, and was a "gamer" like all of us. I felt i could relate to him because he was the only Nintendo of Japan person that could seem to speak fluent English (really going to miss him in those Nintendo Directs).

All video game fans were enriched by his contributions. He was and always will be THE MAN.

On to the next level. RIP Iwata-san.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CJwRA8oVAAQG8FI.mp4

Edited on by bezerker99

jasonbrr

I didnt agree with a lot of the decisions he made recently but this is just horrible. He did a lot for the gaming community and will be remembered fondly. Never met him personally but he genuinely seemed like a very nice man.

jasonbrr

LzWinky

bezerker99 wrote:

I feel terrible for not liking Nintendo's E3 this year. In the grand scheme of things, my criticisms were petty and unnecessary. I hated the fact that Iwata tweeted out after E3 that they would listen to their fans more intently (or something like that).

But that's one thing I always liked about him. Despite him being a public figure, I felt like I knew him personally because of his candidness. He didn't come across as the CEO of a gigantic corporation like Nintendo. He was real, down-to-earth, and was a "gamer" like all of us. I felt i could relate to him because he was the only Nintendo of Japan person that could seem to speak fluent English (really going to miss him in those Nintendo Directs).

All video game fans were enriched by his contributions. He was and always will be THE MAN.

On to the next level. RIP Iwata-san.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CJwRA8oVAAQG8FI.mp4

We can spend all this time criticizing his poor decisions, but we should never forget one thing. Satoru Iwata was a developer and one of the few head honchos in the gaming industry who has experience developing. Imagine Nintendo today if their leaders were just businessmen.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

spizzamarozzi

bezerker99 wrote:

In the grand scheme of things, my criticisms were petty and unnecessary.

I believe many people have felt the same way today.
Let's hope the tragedy helps shaping a healthier relationship between the fans and the company. It is much needed.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.