Forums

Topic: Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away.

Posts 141 to 160 of 261

LzWinky

I don't think some criticisms are petty (only most of them). Criticism, if constructive, can be just as valuable to a person or company as compliments. What I had an issue with is this idea of "what fans want" because fans never agree on what they want.

With that said, what impressed me about Iwata is how Nintendo defies expectations for better or worse and often pleases fans anyway.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

NintendoFan64

I'm not gonna cry. He wouldn't want us to cry...though it's getting really hard .

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Inkling

There was a rainbow above Nintendo's headquarters today.

Untitled

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

veeflames

Inkling wrote:

There was a rainbow above Nintendo's headquarters today.
Untitled

Aw man. That's too awesome.
It means everything will be alright. A great leader has gone, though...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

DreamyViridi

I look at that and instantly reminded of the meaning in Nintendo's name.
"Leave luck to Heaven"

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

luisesteban

Too much sadness. Iwata - san was a great person.

luisesteban

jump

From Reggie...

"Mr. Iwata is gone, but it will be years before his impact on both Nintendo and the full video game industry will be fully appreciated. He was a strong leader for our company, and his attributes were clear to most everyone: Intelligence, creativity, curiosity and sense of humor. But for those of us fortunate enough to work closely with him, what will be remembered most were his mentorship and, especially, his friendship. He was a wonderful man. He always challenged us to push forward…to try the new…to upset paradigms—and most of all, to engage, excite and endear our fans. That work will continue uninterrupted.”

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Socar

@NintyMan: Doubtful about that even though I want to be positive.....

I wonder if the fanboys are right......what if Nintendo really is doomed after all? Iwata saved Nintendo and didn't lose the staff....will we see another man with the same quality as Iwata? That CEO from Nintendo of Europe might be a good chance but idk.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

UGXwolf

We don't have any clue what will happen, but do not be apprehensive. Nintendo may change for the better, and Iwata would be proud if it did. Let's just hope his aspirations are met.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Socar

@UGXwolf: I don't want them to shift to third party just because they don't have a talented CEO like Iwata-San. If they go to mobile gaming alone, that tears the console gaming. More importantly, I'm worried if the new CEO will corrupt the game quality that Nintendo will make in the future like how lots of companies just rush the games with little to no thought.

-Green-

@Artwark: It is worrying, but we won't know anything until they choose Nintendo's next CEO. We probably should just wait until then.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TylerTheCreator

I wish everyone would stop being concerned about who is going to be the next CEO. I think it's still a bit too soon.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Socar

Is it true that there were some layoffs at Nintendo because of his death?

UGXwolf

@Artwark: Two very long-standing Nintendo employees will be acting in Iwata's stead until a successor is chosen. I trust that two of Iwata's closest friends would be able to find someone that could do him justice. No one will ever replace Iwata, but rest assure that he WILL be honoured.

Also, no I don't believe people would have been laid off due to Iwata's death.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Joeynator3000

...I thought someone said Miyamoto would be taking over...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

Oh, mk...well I didn't really have anything else to say about this...so...I'm gonna be done here. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HandheldGuru97

@Megumi: Miyamoto and Genyo Takeda have taken the lead as "Representative Director(s)" until a true successor can be named. Right now, no one really knows who will take the lead. Some are saying Miyamoto is the heir apparent, but I highly doubt that no matter the pushing he might get to succeed Iwata, he won't do it. Genyo Takeda seems to be the likely head of Nintendo, but we shall see. The Board will have to appoint (or approve) a successor, and like @TylerTheCreator said, it is a little to early to worry about who will succeed Iwata, lets mourn him for this week.
And...dammit to @UGXwolf who beat while I wrote this longwinded post!

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

Socar

@UGXwolf: Explain SEGA for me then. Remember how Isao Okawa saved SEGA by giving all of his own shares....and all for what? SEGA's quality of gaming being stuck on the 90's.

Look I know that this really isn't the time to rant about it but since no one seems to like the way he directed towards Nintendo, this would mean that a lot would expect Nintendo to do what Iwata didn't do and that's making Nintendo to go either on Mobile or third party. And let's not forget, they could start being greedy and use micro transactions...something that Iwata was clearly against it.

I love Nintendo ok? That's the reason why I wanted to be a game designer....to make games for Nintendo and to have a game company like Nintendo. I'd rather lose my life than to make a crappy quality of games if I can't make a decent game let alone a masterpiece. And this would potentially make Nintendo go bankrupt.

Edited on by Socar

Socar

But I digress.....let's mourn for him for a week.

Iwata made one of my all time favorites which are Thousand Year Door, Phantom Hourglass and my favorite handheld of all time....Nintendo DS.

I don't care what people think about the DS screens and screw them if they don't get the point of them. I love every single bit about them! Having a map at one screen and the main gameplay over the other is genius. Not to mention how easily many games can be played with just the stylus....basically, he did what smartphones have done now.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.