Forums

Topic: Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has passed away.

Posts 101 to 120 of 261

Haru17

Aromaiden wrote:

Poor Iwata, it was so sudden. May he rest in peace, as he was a dedicated and good man.

Not at all, he had been dealing with this medical issue since before E3 2014. It never occurred to me that it could be fatal, though. Either way, he must have known this was going on, despite not explicitly citing it as the reason he wasn't at E3 2015. Hopefully it didn't hurt his quality of life too much.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

mariovslink62

You know what guys. Let's stand up. As sad as this is, Iwata wouldn't want us weeping. He would want us having fun. Let us play all of the games he helped bring.

DERP

Nintendo Network ID: awesomeface2149

Freeon-Leon

mariovslink62 wrote:

You know what guys. Let's stand up. As sad as this is, Iwata wouldn't want us weeping. He would want us having fun. Let us play all of the games he helped bring.

This. Iwata loved to see people having fun with the games he made. so let's play!

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Electricmastro

Untitled

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

SheldonRandoms

Earlier today at work, I drew a picture of Iwata saying "Please Understand" on an out of order sign(which was a piece of paper that said out of order on it). I got that idea because people need to understand that when one or more bottle room machines goes out of order and I can't fix it........I can't fix it =w= You see, people tend to get angry when those machines go down, especially the plastic machines. They tend to raise their voice or even yell at me because "you can't fix it, WTF, ISN'T IT YOUR JOB TO KNOW HAVE TO FIX IT!?!". It can be very stressful at times, but yet, I manage to shake it off, and with Iwata being on that out of order sign.....That would help me get through that easier somehow, IDK. I was going to take a picture of it and probably share it here somewhere, but decided to wait until tomorrow, for better lighting, since I go to work at 10 a.m on Monday. When I was drawing that picture, all I had was a revved up smile on my face, but i'd never imagine when I got home, that smile would turn upside down : ( I thought I would've done my normal activities on the internet after waking up from a nap, but nope, not today.........

R.I.P Mr. Iwata, you will be missed

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

KO-Cub

He lived a good one.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Haiassai

I respect Nintendo's decision of not posting on social media today. A good long pause of silence.

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

Aozz101x

Untitled
RIP

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

pXm

I still don't want to believe this... At first I thought it was just a stupid joke when I saw the news on the other website. It's truely a very sad day not only for us, Nintendo fans, but all the game industry, when one of its legends passes away. RIP Iwata-san, you may not be here anymore, but you'll live on in our hearts.

Backloggery
MAL
Steam

Switch Friend Code: SW-5304-5175-4719 | 3DS Friend Code: 1135-2113-6384 | My Nintendo: pXm | Nintendo Network ID: pXm | Twitter:

cookiex

And to think his last public performance was doing a Jim Henson puppet at E3.

We understood you loud and clear Iwata. Rest in peace.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

erv

Sad. Sucks he's gone too soon. He was awesome and did so many great things. I'll miss him.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Dezzy

The things that sadden me are the really trivial but specific things like knowing he won't get to see how Zelda U works out

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

“I am surprised at this sudden news and overcome with sadness,” Mr. Miyamoto said in a statement issued through the company on Monday. He said he would maintain the game-development stance that he and Mr. Iwata established and work with developers to create the kind of future successes that the late president would have wanted.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Pancake_Phil

I came across this Wiki that has ALL of the games he was ever involved in. So much of my childhood is there.

http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Satoru_Iwata

I feel like a jerk for being annoyed at him with the Wii U recently when I now realise just how much he's contributed to my childhood.

Nintendo Network ID: Falcon1991

2DS Friend Code: 0104-1799-6687

whodatninja

RIP Iwata. I will always remember the fun times we had in the Nintendo Directs and through your many video games...

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

PrincessSugoi

Iwata's been one of the top trends in Twitter since the announcement. Lots of gamers, gaming related media, and companies paying their respects. Most notable I've seen so far are Sony, Koei Tecmo, Konami, Screw Attack, and Playtonic, there may be others who just didn't tag. Tumblr's also making the rounds with Iwata related blogs filling the Nintendo tag and popping up on my dashboard with tens of thousands of reblogs. Apparently Facebook's impacted too because my friend who isn't even into video games saw the news there and called me to express his shock.

It's quite remarkable seeing this reception to the passing of a CEO but it speaks volumes to the impact he's had at Nintendo.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Socar

Why now of all the times......WHY NOW???????

Edited on by Socar

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

6ch6ris6

usually i dont give a sh*t about the death of celebreties or CEOs but damn...iwata. only 55. way too early. he was so passionate about videogames. nintendo was his life. really shocking news

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.