Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 101 to 120 of 6,553

Adam

I just looked up District 9. Neat story concept. Nice to see sci-fi hasn't completely dried out. The trailer certainly looks overly actiony and ProfDoc's comments only make me more worried about that, but I'll probably go see it anyway just because it's different. I'll report back afterwards, Machu, I promise.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Machu

TY, no spoilers though. lol

Rawr!

Adam

The aliens die at the end, by the way. And the humans, too.

Come on, friends,

Machu

I'm not gonna say what happens to Ponyo.

Rawr!

Machu

WhoKnew wrote:

Anybody going to see inglourious basterds? I want to see it but Im too young...

Oh yes! And I'll have a couple of flamin' sambuca's before hand, ooh yeah! (it's a tradition, don't judge me)

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Adam

I'm watching it backwards, Black Dragon. Duh!

Come on, friends,

tripunktoj

Personal favorite: Enchanted

tripunktoj

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | My Nintendo: tripunktoj | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj

Charlie_The_Unicorn

VGP wrote:

I'm going to see The Final Destination when it comes out.I can't wait to see it!!
[youtube:ETNT0tknNeU]
Oh I saw:The Goods Live Hard Sell Hard yesterday & it was hilarious!

That looks horrifying! I hate horror movies!

BTW, on Wednesday, I saw (500) days of summer, and it was great. I may see Julie & Julia next.

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

apocalypse217

I do not go to the movies much maybe once a year or so. I usually just Netflix. 1. Saw the Wrestler, I thought it was good but it was not accurate 100% how the indie scene is pro wrestling is but it was still quite good. I would give it a 7 out of 10 because the acting was pretty good. 2. Watchmen - I really enjoyed it. I really do not have much bad to say about it I would give it an 8.5 out of 10. Those are just my opinions though.

apocalypse217

Will

Just finshed watching Ben-Hur. Pretty much the definition of an epic movie.

Will

edhe

I've recently been watching "Kung Fu Hustle" on DVD, and I enjoyed it so much I watched it twice. The action scenes are well choreographed, the music is very well directed and the comedy performances are top notch. My favourite scene is the Chinese harp scene* with the two assassins which blends traditional music with a great fight scene (with touches of comedy too!)

Simarlarly, I've been watching "Shaolin Soccer" - a film from the same director and I find it enjoyable - though to a lesser extent of the aforementioned film. Again, the music direction, choreography and comedy performances are great, and there's rarely a dull moment. Highlights for me include the spiritual awakening of the brothers* and their climactic final match.

I prefer to watchbthem in their original Cantonese audio, because I am a purist. I highly recommend them to anyone who is a fan of martial arts or comedy movies.

The next film I'm hoping to watch is "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" and it's going to be on TV at about 1am (thank you British scheduling).
(* these scenes may sound vague because I didn't want to give any spoilers)

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Charlie_The_Unicorn

lockd wrote:

who here saw push

I did, but I thought it was terrible.

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

Xkhaoz

I watched part of Coarline, it was good. I didn't see the rest because I was in the car and almost threw up.
Up by Pixar: 4 words: BEST... CGI... MOVIE... EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 and a half out of 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

The_Cow

I love The Crow movies btw! Brandon Lee was the best!

Favorite Song from The Crow City of Angels: I'm Your Boogie Man by White Zombie
Favorite The Crow Quotes: "It can't rain all of the time!" "It's not a good day to be a bad guy, huh?!" "Victims, aren't we all!"

wanderlustwarrior

Oh how many times have I seen my current favorites (Kung Fu Hustle and Kill Bill)? I've lost count.

GO SEE INGLOURIOUS BASTARDS THE MINUTE YOU CAN!!!!!

I use the same username on TVTropes and youtube. look me up!

My virginity is one thing, but I can't let the pedophiles have my Wii FriendCode®

edhe

Asian cinema connoisseurs. If you have the opportunity, rent, borrow or buy* "Kikujiro" - it's quite a great piece of cinema.

[*£6.97 new on amazon - considerably cheaper secondhand**]

[** this is in the UK store at least]

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic