Forums

Topic: Movie thread.

Posts 121 to 140 of 6,552

Myrddin

I saw Ice Age 3 in 3D yesterday, interesting experience.

Myrddin

OldBoy

Watched Watchmen this weekend (but who will watch the watchers of the watchmen? ). Thought it was frikin' amazin to be honest definitely gonna track down the graphic novel now. Probably the best 'superhero' movie I've seen apart from 'The Dark Knight'. Also another film I recommend seeing is 'A Scanner Darkly'. don't know why that one just popped into my head but it's a great movie.

What's this bit for again?

Adam

Ponyo was cute. The plot was a bit convoluted for a children's movie at times but easily overlooked.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Machu

And District 9???

Can't wait to see Ponyo, I love all Miyazaki movies, Totoro and Mononoke are my faves.

Rawr!

OldBoy

Mononoke is a great movie.Love all his stuff. Howls moving castle's my fave (at the moment anyway!)

What's this bit for again?

Machu

Amen to A Scanner Darkly btw. Very weird and very cool movie. And quite sad when you get to the end and realise what it was all about.

Rawr!

Machu

@Terra: My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki's Delivery Service next. For kids and adults alike, he is a genius. There's a couple of his early one's I am yet to see, I need to get busy doing so.

EDIT: And what are you still doing up?!? says i

machu... out!

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

Adam

Machu wrote:

And District 9???

Can't wait to see Ponyo, I love all Miyazaki movies, Totoro and Mononoke are my faves.

Patience, young one. One film at a time!

Come on, friends,

Charlie_The_Unicorn

My Top 5 Miyazaki Movies:

1. Spirited Away
2. My Neighbor Totoro
3. Princess Monomoke
4. Ponyo
5. Kiki's Delivery Service

Speaking of movies, I may see Inglorious Basterds or Julie & Julia this weekend.

Edited on by Charlie_The_Unicorn

Tomena Sanner: Because dancing businessmen are awesome.

tylero09

Well I saw Inglourious Basterds last night (I think I've spelt the misspellings correctly ) and it was absolutely fantastic. There are a few bits that are pretty heavy on dialogue (Tarintino really induldges himself in his movie-references in this one ) but they all build up brilliantly to important moments, which seem all the better for the merticulous build-ups.
Oh, and the ending... one of the most satisfying moments in cinema

Wii: 4057-1101-4172-6642
Mario Kart Wii: 5069-4059-7720

SilentJ

I'm a huge Tarantino fan so I can't wait to see Inglourious Basterds!

PSN ID : MrPink78

Ravage

Anyone see the trailer for 9 (not district 9)? It looks pretty cool, I'm looking forward to it. It's a new Tim Burton film.

Edited on by Ravage

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

irken004

Ravage wrote:

Anyone see the trailer for 9 (not district 9)? It looks pretty cool, I'm looking forward to it. It's a new Tim Burton film.

I"M TOTALLY EXCITED FOR IT!!!

I'm also excited for The Fantastic Mr. Fox, the trailer looks great!

EDIT: Tim Burton is only producing 9, so it's not really his movie

You can find the original short film of 9 on youtube

Edited on by irken004

Ravage

irken004 wrote:

Ravage wrote:

I"M TOTALLY EXCITED FOR IT!!!

EDIT: Tim Burton is only producing 9, so it's not really his movie

You can find the original short film of 9 on youtube

Thanks for the info, I had just heard about it from a friend a few days ago.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Adam

Every single trailer before Ponyo looked fantastic. It's odd to find myself suddenly so interested in children's movies. Children's cinema has generally (with maybe three exceptions) been going downhill in my opinion for many years now. I can't remember all the titles, but Mr. Fox has already been mentioned. The Princess and the Frog looks like classic Disney (seems like they haven't done a movie like that in forever, at least not that I've heard of). Where the Wild Things Are looks nice. And there were two or three other previews I was impressed with at the time but have since forgotten.

Come on, friends,

Philip_J_Reed

irken004 wrote:

I'm nervous about it as Wes Anderson is my favorite director and this is a heck of a big step away from his "comfort zone," but I wish it well, and I'm sure I'll check it out.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Machu

I woke up in a foul mood this morning, brought on by a lack of sleep, and ergh, other stuff. I went out, glared at people a bit, came home and turned the telly on. I found this old movie on and am now beaming.
Untitled
Like Mary Kate, maybe I just needed to see a good fight. Excellent movie. Hilarious!

Aaaah, I feel better now.

Rawr!

theblackdragon

I just caught Idiocracy the other day on Comedy Central, and they had to bleep and blur out so much of it I absolutely have to see this movie uncut eventually. It was absolutely hilarious. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes extreme advertising and fratboy/college humor. :3

seriously, check out this 'ad' for Brawndo: The Thirst Mutilator (it's a product featured rather prominently in the movie). there's two more ads available here and here if you're interested, lol.
[youtube:Tbxq0IDqD04]

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic